Halo 4 BR Gameplay Video

XBLuke

The firing sound's quite strange. It almost sounds like it's suppressed, a lot quieter than I was expecting. Though I suppose it could just be mixed down so we can hear the laughter.

Anyone else notice the apparent lack of aim assist? I wonder if they just haven't built it in yet, or if they're deliberately making it harder to aim weapons.

The firing sound's quite strange. It almost sounds like it's suppressed, a lot quieter than I was expecting. Though I suppose it could just be mixed down so we can hear the laughter.

Anyone else notice the apparent lack of aim assist? I wonder if they just haven't built it in yet, or if they're deliberately making it harder to aim weapons.

I think they turned the sound down on the clip or something like that.

• Like 1

I'm really glad there seems to be very little (if any) aim assist in this clip. I'm hoping that it is more like this in the final game, because the aim assist in past Halo games has been pretty blah in my opinion. I've never liked how much they've assisted your aim in past Halos, so here's hoping the final product has as little (if any at all) as this clip shows.

• Like 4

I'm really glad there seems to be very little (if any) aim assist in this clip. I'm hoping that it is more like this in the final game, because the aim assist in past Halo games has been pretty blah in my opinion. I've never liked how much they've assisted your aim in past Halos, so here's hoping the final product has as little (if any at all) as this clip shows.

I hope so as well. It was also crazy annoying when an enemy would run in front of your reticle and cause it to be "pulled" away from the person you were shooting at.

I already said this in another topic but...that strafe speed! :D

• Like 4

Gotta say I'm very dissapointed. All that work they put into recording hours upon hours of recorded weapons on a range, and all we have for a BR is a amplified silenced SMg sound from halo 2?!? The sound may have been muted a bit, but the effect and range of the sound won't be muted nearly as much if it were a more powerful sound. I failed to see any recoil on the weapon. 9 shots in 5 secons should have equated to the weilder having to reposition his reticule much more than he did. From what i saw even slowing it down, there was no apparent recoil.

Of coarse, we have no idea how old this footage was that they put in. Likely it wasn't current as the sound sucked and the recoil they SAID the BR would have was not there. That aside, the lighting is top notch. Compared to the previous titles, the lighting angle change was flawless and full. Very impressed with that part.

Gotta say I'm very dissapointed. All that work they put into recording hours upon hours of recorded weapons on a range, and all we have for a BR is a amplified silenced SMg sound from halo 2?!? The sound may have been muted a bit, but the effect and range of the sound won't be muted nearly as much if it were a more powerful sound. I failed to see any recoil on the weapon. 9 shots in 5 secons should have equated to the weilder having to reposition his reticule much more than he did. From what i saw even slowing it down, there was no apparent recoil.

Of coarse, we have no idea how old this footage was that they put in. Likely it wasn't current as the sound sucked and the recoil they SAID the BR would have was not there. That aside, the lighting is top notch. Compared to the previous titles, the lighting angle change was flawless and full. Very impressed with that part.

I gotta say i agree with you with the lighting, never before has Halo looked this bright and ossim possim with it