Custom Load-outs, seeing through walls?

Substandard IQ

Custom load-outs and seeing through walls; Good or Bad?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Custom load-outs

2. 2. Forerunner Vision (seeing through walls)

Ok before anyone attacks me i just want to let you know i am a diehard Halo fan ever since Halo CE. But im gonna be honest, i can't sit by and watch Halo be torn apart like it is going to be by 343 industries. I started out with a good view on 343 industries but i am upset by there total destruction of the Halo multiplayer! In this recent video released they discussed some points of the Halo 4 multiplayer (http://www.gameinfor...spx?PageIndex=4). From the sounds of it 343 is selling out Halo multiplayer for basically the "popular" style of gameplay. "Custom loadouts" i mean come on thats totally there attempt to suck over people that play COD and Battlefield. They are trying to be to much like the "cool kids" (if you don't mind my hit on teenage social lifes haha). I always liked Halo because of the way it was, it gave each player an equal opportunity at the start of the game. Anybody could pick up the weapons experienced or inexperienced, kind of a level playing field in my mind, and the person that could dominate this level playing field was obviously the more experienced player. But now from the sounds of it, its going to be like COD were the person that has played more and has bought the most stuff will win. Which in my mind ruins the competitive feeling of Halo. Also forerunner vision? seeing through walls? WTF thats totally going to be a huge advantage for players that will use it properly. But i just want to know what you guys think about this. So let me know what you think. Vote please and feel free to leave some responses too.

Also forerunner vision? seeing through walls? WTF thats totally going to be a huge advantage for players that will use it properly.

Isn't that exactly what you were asking for earlier in the post?

Anybody could pick up the weapons experienced or inexperienced, kind of a level playing field in my mind, and the person that could dominate this level playing field was obviously the more experienced player

Unless it's something like Armor Lock - i.e. there is literally no skill involved in using it, whatsoever - this won't be a problem. If someone picks it and doesn't use it properly, then that's no different from getting hold of the Sniper Rifle and missing every shot, or sprinting up to someone with an Energy Sword. If someone does use it properly, what's your problem? It's no worse for you than if they're really good with the Battle Rifle.

As for Custom Loadouts, I can see them being a lot of fun in social matches and Custom Games, especially if individual loadouts can have their physical traits modified as well (e.g. Health, Shields, Speed, Motion Tracker, etc.), or for 'Elimination' type game modes. I'm not so keen on them being part of ranked game modes, but I'm pretty sure it could be done without breaking the game. Besides, if every non-power weapon is properly balanced, does it really matter what someone spawns with?

Contrary to popular belief, everyone spawning with the same weapon doesn't actually make for perfectly balanced gameplay. What if everyone on a team was great with the Assault Rifle, but bad with the Battle Rifle? In a Slayer match they'd dominate the opposing team, but get hammered in a Slayer BR game. Two completely different outcomes, but both from an apparently 'fair' starting situation?

If everyone starts with their preferred starting weapon, then the best team will win and it won't come down to you not getting the gametype variant that you're best at. This is of course highly dependant on getting the initial spawn weaponry balanced, but if they are then it actually makes the game more balanced, more fair, and more competitive.

• Like 1

I don't know why you guys are making as big of a deal out of all of this as you are.. Even if it is like CoD and Battlefield, the worst case scenario is that there's a game that's going to change halo. A game series. I'm excited for halo 4 either way, my only concern is if 343 tries to do their own thing with it and ruins the game.

• Like 1

Okay this is confirmed, the forerunner will act like ODST visor thingy, were objects are outlined and suff, there is a counter to this though, players can hear the AA when it is in operation

If this is true, then I will love it. Loved the Visor in ODST. Where was this confirmed?

I think it is good to have custom loadouts if it isn't overpowered. Seeming that forerunner vision might see threw walls and etc, i think it will be overpowered if true. Blacklight Tango down has a similar feature, trust me it sucks and is very over powered. All and all we will have to wait till the game comes out and try it ourselves.

Custom Loadouts is awsome. m better with a DMR than a Assualt Rifle, so picking that and winning is more fair than me being in a Slayer game and getting destroyed because Im not good with and Assualt Rifle.

Forerunner Vision is ok. I havent seen it in action.

Forerunner vision, is a pick up in-game, you cannot equip it in your 'custom loadout' also when Forerunner vision is being used by a player it emits a noise. I've always wanted custom loadouts in Halo, because I cant do well with the AR at all and being able to choose a decent weapon I can do good with is very helpful rather than scavaging the map for a BR/DMR than noticing someone else has taken it.

Forerunner vision, is a pick up in-game, you cannot equip it in your 'custom loadout' also when Forerunner vision is being used by a player it emits a noise. I've always wanted custom loadouts in Halo, because I cant do well with the AR at all and being able to choose a decent weapon I can do good with is very helpful rather than scavaging the map for a BR/DMR than noticing someone else has taken it.

If this is true, then I will love it. Loved the Visor in ODST. Where was this confirmed?

Frankie said forrunner vision would be something like ODSTs visor in the new sparkast he also said its more like sonar then xray vision also that its loud so you here it when an enemy uses it and know they know your where ever you are.

Frankie said forrunner vision would be something like ODSTs visor in the new sparkast he also said its more like sonar then xray vision also that its loud so you here it when an enemy uses it and know they know your where ever you are.

Hm. Must go listen to this then. Thanks!

^ so true. But I don't think custom loadouts would work as well in halo. It will need restrictions to keep it fair. Eg. Primary weapon is only a choice between BR, DMR, and AR, and secondary can be anything except for power weapons like the shotgun, launcher, you know what I mean.

MeatSim 6 took a dump. Where is fartsim?

Amy way yes I agree don't. Forunner sight is bad and not fun.

We have not seen it in action, so judging it now would make absolutely no sense. What they have said it that it will function similarly to Halo 3: ODST's VISR mode, but the range will be shorter. I also believe I heard something about a delay, but I'm not sure what that delay applies to with Forerunner Vision. It will also emit a sound that others around you can hear while you are using it.

Substandard, you never know, you could play halo 4 and learn to adapt and like the change, who knows?

Im gonna buy it and play it either way so, i will have to like the change eventually haha ;)

there r topics like these where the guy to make the post gets so mad and defensive but this is the first one ive seen that doesnt he states his opinion and moves on with life which is far more mature than the other ppl putting up posts like this

well thanks bro, i try not to be a loser