Attn 343, please don't do this

Dr. Dank

Hello, I would like to clear up a few points before I start my -rant!- I absolutely love halo, every single installment except for halo wars (not my cup of tea) and reach's multiplayer (I'll get to that). I am a highly competitive player which may or may not affect my opinions. And lastly, this post is intended for the higher ups at 343 industries (granted they even see/read it).

I am begging you to not try and turn halo into cod or some other 'modern fps' as you would say. Granted it may increase sales and appeal to younger gamers, but is that really what this franchise has been reduced to? Do not try and say that you NEED the extra sales or you NEED more of a fan base. We all know that is not true.

So basically what I'm getting at is, and I dont mean to bash anything you intend to implement, I merely wish to help Halo as a whole and help you regain the loyalty of all the diehard fans lost after Halo reach. So first and foremost...

Ranking and Uniformity- as far as the ranking aspect goes, I know you have not completely disclosed how your ranking system will be set up (yet), but you have given us an idea.. And the focus of ranking should be SKILL not how much you play the game like we all saw in reach. I'm not necessarily saying bring back the 1-50 ranks (as much as I would absolutely love that), something along those lines should definitely make a return.

Uniformity- I believe this deserves it's own section because of its importance (and because the wall of text above). I could fill out a petition of literally thousands that agree we do not want custom load outs or armor abilities. But if your mind it set on it, hey do it, but please make it a 'social only' option. Please bring back the old halo feeling by eliminating sprint, all other armor abilities, equipment, and start us all off with the same weapon (BR please) in ranked matches. Or in the very least give us that in a MLG playlist and let everyone else go crazy with all that new jazz..

No Bloom- I really hope this is a given by now, but please no reticle bloom. It does not belong in Halo.

If anyone actually made it to this point, thank you for hearing me out. I probably missed a few things, but i think i got the bulk of it. Maybe my hopes of bringing back that Halo 2 feeling of out BRing someone are a bit too outlandish now a days, but a man can dream.. a man can dream...

• Like 1

Well, i hope sprint stays. In every other halo game i play now, i always try to sprint. I say leave it. Some armor abilities i hate, but no need to go AWWWWW remove this please!!!!! Bloom is alright, as long as it stays the same as the TU they did for Reach. I find it nice to have some change, i really don't want to play the same game over and over. This is not turning into a CoD, and the fan base does need to grow some.

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but that is incorrect.

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but that is a fact. Bloom/error angles have been in every single Halo title. Halo: Reach uses a different version, but error angles have been in every single Halo FPS. That is a fact. From what I remember Twinreaper saying, the bloom in Halo: Reach is more controllable/manageable than in past games as well.

Halo cannot remain the same as past entries and hope to survive and thrive in today's market and well into the future. People have moved on from the simple gameplay of Halo 2 and Halo 3. They've grown tired of playing the same exact style of gameplay. If you want Halo to succeed, change is going to happen whether you or I like what happens or not. Halo will need to evolve and change if it is to do well in today's FPS market. If it were to continue playing just as it does now, with little to no variation, that would send the series into an early grave.

• Like 5

Yeah, I have seen all the confirmed info. That is what drove me to make this account and post, I was utterly disgusted. And I'm not a 'you're wrong' kinda guy so I am respectfully requesting your evidence of bloom in other halos. As a 50 in H3 and a 43 in H2 I have never noticed any of my shots being inaccurate no matter how fast I shot...

• Like 1

Yeah, I have seen all the confirmed info. That is what drove me to make this account and post, I was utterly disgusted. And I'm not a 'you're wrong' kinda guy so I am respectfully requesting your evidence of bloom in other halos. As a 50 in H3 and a 43 in H2 I have never noticed any of my shots being inaccurate no matter how fast I shot...

Here is the evidence of bloom/error angles in past Halo games. Your rank has nothing to do with it and not noticing it does not mean that it was not there, because it was. The post that this link directs you to will give you the proof you desire. You're not the only one who thinks simpler is better, however simpler in today's market won't get you anywhere. The FPS market for today just isn't kind to games that keep it simple and bare bones. If you want the series to survive, it's going to need to evolve and "grow up" if you will. The Halo series will need to change if the fans wish to see it continuing to be a success and if they want to be playing it for another ten years. Simple is fun, but it just won't work that well in this day and age. Especially with FPSs getting as advanced as they are and rewarding players, as well as giving them lots of customisation.

http://www.343indust...__20#entry53237

After reading that post I'm inclined to believe you. Perhaps it was the three shot burst and the fact the BR could only shoot so fast that masked it in Halo 2/3. Either way, I savaged on reach with zero bloom but there were obvious problems with zero bloom (magnum ect.). So I guess I should have believed you off the bat.

• Like 1

I see where you're coming from mystic, and I wasn't trying to brag about my rank, only convey the fact that I've put quite a few hours into those games. And about the whole market thing, you are right, I can only hope they leave Halo 3's servers up and running I suppose...

Hello, I would like to clear up a few points before I start my -rant!- I absolutely love halo, every single installment except for halo wars (not my cup of tea) and reach's multiplayer (I'll get to that). I am a highly competitive player which may or may not affect my opinions. And lastly, this post is intended for the higher ups at 343 industries (granted they even see/read it).

I am begging you to not try and turn halo into cod or some other 'modern fps' as you would say. Granted it may increase sales and appeal to younger gamers, but is that really what this franchise has been reduced to? Do not try and say that you NEED the extra sales or you NEED more of a fan base. We all know that is not true.

So basically what I'm getting at is, and I dont mean to bash anything you intend to implement, I merely wish to help Halo as a whole and help you regain the loyalty of all the diehard fans lost after Halo reach. So first and foremost...

Ranking and Uniformity- as far as the ranking aspect goes, I know you have not completely disclosed how your ranking system will be set up (yet), but you have given us an idea.. And the focus of ranking should be SKILL not how much you play the game like we all saw in reach. I'm not necessarily saying bring back the 1-50 ranks (as much as I would absolutely love that), something along those lines should definitely make a return.

Uniformity- I believe this deserves it's own section because of its importance (and because the wall of text above). I could fill out a petition of literally thousands that agree we do not want custom load outs or armor abilities. But if your mind it set on it, hey do it, but please make it a 'social only' option. Please bring back the old halo feeling by eliminating sprint, all other armor abilities, equipment, and start us all off with the same weapon (BR please) in ranked matches. Or in the very least give us that in a MLG playlist and let everyone else go crazy with all that new jazz..

No Bloom- I really hope this is a given by now, but please no reticle bloom. It does not belong in Halo.

If anyone actually made it to this point, thank you for hearing me out. I probably missed a few things, but i think i got the bulk of it. Maybe my hopes of bringing back that Halo 2 feeling of out BRing someone are a bit too outlandish now a days, but a man can dream.. a man can dream...

Yeah, It really is. Frankly, Sales is why people make games. Its why Bungie made the Halo series and its why 343 is doing what they are doing now. If 343 only tried to cater to the old fanbase I promise you, It would die. Maybe not immediatly, but it would. Catering to all sorts of people would keep Halo alive even if its not the version you liked. Tons more like it. And as long as they are buying 343 is content.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok first off who ever is spreading this lie that bloom has been every halo has never edited or modified this game with official or non-official tools. There is a weapon spread number for every gun which is needed to keep weapons like the needler and shotgun from shooting across the map but for the precision weapons the number for weapon spread is almost non existent. Prime example when you aim and keep firing with the halo 1 2 and 3 pistol or BR for h2 and h3 the bullets will slightly stray when aiming at very long distance targets (such as big team maps) but from long to medium range there is no straying of the bullets at all. If you dont believe me then go edit the guns in the past halo games and you'll see what i mean. Also whoever doesnt like zero bloom needs to play COD because you're not a true halo fan, it has never had bloom or recoil and should never have it again. Im a 2 ton walking tank called master chief why does a pistol jump around in my hand?

OMG i totally agree with EVERYTHING you said in this article. It was really well made and done in a good way. Everything you mentioned is what i was wanting to see out of halo 4 also. I do think that 343 will have a playlist that has no Armour abilities though, they really should.

Cyris, bloom has been in every single Halo title. If you bothered to search around the subject first, you would have found my post explaining in detail each weapons "error angle" and "error min, max " value which is bloom, values taken exactly from the weapon tag itself. Obviously you are the one who has never played with an HEK from Halo 1, 2 or even ever bothered to really learn the spectrum of tag structures and their values for halo 3 or Reach.

• Like 1