Crysis 3 coming in spring 2013

crysis34.16.12610.jpg

The Prophet returns to a terra-formed New York to take down Cell Corporation's evil plans of domination in Crytek's Crysis 3.

The game is set in a 2047 New York that has been encased in Cell Corporation's Liberty Dome. The cover story is that the quarantine dome exists to protect citizens from the Ceph and other dangers, but the truth is that it's all a part of Cell's attempt at world domination.

The Liberty Dome houses seven distinct locations known as the Seven Wonders. Players will have a new Nanosuit, a deadly composite bow, and alien technology at their disposal as they take on the various environments and whatever enemies get in their path (check out the screens in the gallery below).

Crysis 3 comes out for PC (box shown below), PlayStation 3, Xbox360 and PC in the spring of 2013.

If you pre-order the game now, you can get the Hunter Edition for no extra charge. You'll get early access to Prophet's composite bow and its attachements in multiplayer, the powerful Hunter Nanosuit module, plus the following online perks: An XP boost up to level 5, a unique bow skin, and three exclusive dog tags.

You can also get the following retail multiplayer pre-order bonuses (participating retailers not specified. Descriptions direct from EA):

• Stalker Pack – Includes the base game, all Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: For players who like to stalk their prey from the shadows, the Stalker Pack provides early multiplayer access to the deadly semi-auto Jackal shotgun. This powerful, close-range shotgun comes with a unique silencer attachment, custom weapon skin, and two exclusive themed in-game dog tags.
  • Overkill Pack – Includes the base game, all Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: The Overkill Pack features early multiplayer access to the Typhoon assault weapon and skin. Spewing 500 rounds a second, the Typhoon gives players the ability to go guns blazing to take back the Liberty Dome. Also included are two exclusive Overkill themed in-game dog tags.
  • Predator Pack – Includes the base game, all the Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: The Predator Pack delivers early multiplayer access to the Feline submachine gun and exclusive camo. With an extremely fast rate of fire and a 60-round magazine, the Feline is highly effective and deadly at short range.

crysis3pcpftfront.jpg

crysis_3_online_screen_3_-_collapsed_building.jpg

crysis_3_screen_5_-_assess_adapt_attack.jpg

crysis_3_online_screen_2_-_ocean.jpg

crysis_3_online_screen_1_-_cars.jpg

I have played Crysis 2 and it is a fun game, i am sure this one will be as well. I am curious about this bow, i wonder if it will have explosive tips or what. Also,i am hoping they have fixed cloaking/maximum armor abilities in this game too make it easier for multi-player. I want to see some gameplay, already. Please post your opnions thoughts about this game below.

Here are 1-2 crysis games. 1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crysis 2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crysis_2

• Like 2

Thanks for the news, I had a blast playing Crysis 2, never got into the first one though. The game as expected looks beautiful so far. I am very intrigued about the bow but i'll wait to pass judgement until I get a chance to try it out. Now hopefully after this Crytek can start working on the new Timesplitters :)

• Like 1

It looks like, from the screenshots, that they are leaning back towards the Crysis 1 type of environments, or maybe a hybrid of jungle and city.

What's interesting is how the Ceph got back, and if Cell are somehow working with them. Gotta say, game seems intersting already, can't wait to see some gameplay.

Got news of this when doing study of the CRYENGINE, Crysis 3 I'll be really looking forward too :D

Prophet? He's dead... unless Alcatraz takes his on name after the events in C2. And Im guessing the bow is more of the stealth weapon with a few extra surprises, and I wonder what the Nanosuit would offer this time around

Either way, bring it on! One of favourite FPS series alongside with Halo