Why People are Hating on 343

SpartanIV

Honestly, I never thought any change to halo was bad. I loved halo wars, since I was always a strategy fan, and I enjoyed reach. I actually consider halo reach my favorite game of all time. And with the mechanics We've seen so far in the gameplay, combined with 343's fantastic job on CE, I have no worries for the next installment of this beloved trilogy.

BTW 343 is the exact number of firefighters who died on 9/11. Just saiyan

• Like 2

Honestly, I never thought any change to halo was bad. I loved halo wars, since I was always a strategy fan, and I enjoyed reach. I actually consider halo reach my favorite game of all time. And with the mechanics We've seen so far in the gameplay, combined with 343's fantastic job on CE, I have no worries for the next installment of this beloved trilogy.

BTW 343 is the exact number of firefighters who died on 9/11. Just saiyan

I agree. Although there were some things I didn't quite like about Reach, but nothing too big.

Sorry Director, but your wrong about that first part, you start adding gameplay aspects from COD it means it's turning into COD. Period.

I also wouldn't consider this an argument considering all but like 3-5 people on these forums are kissing 343's ass. I don't argue with people like that, I'm content knowing what I said is correct and see no reason trying to prove it to people like you.

You obviously have no clue what you are talking about, and to add to that, you don't read any answers other posters reply to your statements. You're just like a kid who is shouting "I am right, you are wrong!"

Get real! 'Cause this is just embarrassing.

You obviously have no clue what you are talking about, and to add to that, you don't read any answers other posters reply to your statements. You're just like a kid who is shouting "I am right, you are wrong!"

Get real! 'Cause this is just embarrassing.

Lol, I have no clue what I'm talking about?

Coming from the guy jumping into the conversation when it's already done. If you knew what you were taking about, we wouldn't be having this discussion, now would we?

Please Refer to previous posts for updates..

Almost every FPS is turning into a cash cow, late last year we saw DICE previously a very PC-orientated and very anti-COD style company join the ranks of betraying its fanbase. BF3 was a huge dissapointment, the limited owners were offered free "map packs" while every DLC since has been a shortcut to unlock weapons or an "expansion pack"

343 are making the game by building on the 'glowing embers' of Halo Reach, Bungie's Money Maker that was made to get as much money before they lost the series. 343 are picking the aspects that worked, keeping them and looking at the failed parts and recreating them in a way that works. While I do not subscribe to the weapon and armour skins idea, I do realise they are just trying to keep up with the market. They are looking at the old AAs and editing them to be far more balanced and adding in a natuaral sprint makes sense really, Your'e playing as a bloody super soldiers. They should be able to run in that armour. The game is not mimicking CoD anymore than Battlefield or MoH does, It is just progressing, It should be thought of as 'Combat Evolving'.

343 are making the game by building on the 'glowing embers' of Halo Reach, Bungie's Money Maker that was made to get as much money before they lost the series. 343 are picking the aspects that worked, keeping them and looking at the failed parts and recreating them in a way that works. While I do not subscribe to the weapon and armour skins idea, I do realise they are just trying to keep up with the market. They are looking at the old AAs and editing them to be far more balanced and adding in a natuaral sprint makes sense really, Your'e playing as a bloody super soldiers. They should be able to run in that armour. The game is not mimicking CoD anymore than Battlefield or MoH does, It is just progressing, It should be thought of as 'Combat Evloving'.

I see what you did there :awesome:

But I agree, a lot of what they're doing makes sense.

Evolution is adding entirely new features in, after that it's mimicry.

Halo itself is a mimicry of previous FPS, let's not make the differences between them any blurrier..

Basically. No video game (except the very first of their kinds) is original. Hell, pong was the first one and even then it was basically just ping-pong on a screen.

Basically. No video game (except the very first of their kinds) is original. Hell, pong was the first one and even then it was basically just ping-pong on a screen.

Exactly, although pong isnt an fps....

But anyways, my point is, Halo is Halo and COD is COD, we DO NOT need a hybrid.

I know that but they are just trying to attract a new fanbase, but not enough people seem to realise this.

There are other, better ways to go about doing this, becoming COD is not a good way to go..

Next thing you know, activision and treyarchs logo are stamped on the cover..

I know that but they are just trying to attract a new fanbase, but not enough people seem to realise this.

I don't give a damn if they want to attract a larger fanbase, but I do mind if they go about it by shooting themselves in the foot and eating said foot. They've alienated fans like me and I damn well don't want this to happen with Halo 4. I already hate EA and Activision, and I don't need to start hating Microsoft for commissioning another Halo. I loved the Bad Company series. I love Battlefield 1943. I went and bought BF2 and I loved that until the disc got scratched. But BF3 is whole different game that simply sucks. Unbalanced as hell and simply ridiculous. The SMG's act like they're packing high caliber bullets and can outshoot an LMG at medium range. Then there's the whole hell with premium. Hopefully 343i doesn't dare try any s*** like that.

• Like 1

So far as it seems, 343 has done a crapjob balancing the weapons, ive seen better balancing jobs out of modders in SWBF2...

They have the ability to balance the weapons without making them functionally identical, but they didn't and all weapons just seem to be the same thing with a different texture..

There are other, better ways to go about doing this, becoming COD is not a good way to go..

Next thing you know, activision and treyarchs logo are stamped on the cover..

That's a bit extremist. DICE going console is hardly a CoD mimick. thats like saying borderlands 2 is a FPS RPG version of cod or Halo is CoD without ADS Every shooter share base princables or contents, e.g. most have all types of weapons (Assualt Rifles, SMGs, LMGs, Sniper Rifles, Shotguns, Luanchers, Grenades, Melee Weapons (or melee in general), Side Arms (Pistols, Revolvers, Auto-Pistols) and often one or more quirky weapons or alien weapons if the genre fits. all games derive from Wolfinstein then Doom. without these games we may not have the good gameplay FPS games we have today all FPS games have followed the path and then evolved: Halo, Cod, MoH, Unreal Tournement, Borderlands, Battlefield, Rainbow Six. All of them have derived from one origin, they travel on parallel roads, all built on different grounds with different materials, but some recommending some materials to the other companies. It may be a competive buisness, but you have no idea how many studios help other companies without actually designing aspects of the game. It may be competetive, but it is frienly rivalry, despite what fans are willing to believe.

So far as it seems, 343 has done a crapjob balancing the weapons, ive seen better balancing jobs out of modders in SWBF2...

They have the ability to balance the weapons without making them functionally identical, but they didn't and all weapons just seem to be the same thing with a different texture..

They equivelences between weapons have been well difined, so why complain about it? e.g Sniper Rifle has slower fire rate than the beam rifle, 4 mag, same dam propities, but it does'nt overheat, the binary rifle is onehit, two mag but slower rate of fire, how is that not varity or balanced?

I don't give a damn if they want to attract a larger fanbase, but I do mind if they go about it by shooting themselves in the foot and eating said foot. They've alienated fans like me and I damn well don't want this to happen with Halo 4. I already hate EA and Activision, and I don't need to start hating Microsoft for commissioning another Halo. I loved the Bad Company series. I love Battlefield 1943. I went and bought BF2 and I loved that until the disc got scratched. But BF3 is whole different game that simply sucks. Unbalanced as hell and simply ridiculous. The SMG's act like they're packing high caliber bullets and can outshoot an LMG at medium range. Then there's the whole hell with premium. Hopefully 343i doesn't dare try any s*** like that.

Halo has different weapon styles, same types of weapons, but they work uniquely to Halo and are quite recognisable. adding new weapons like the bolt pistol or LMG style weapon is just adding new, intresting tactics to the game, rather than the entire gameplay, besides, with Frank O'Conner (Who was'nt pleased with reach himself) there he should stop the game falling from the path.

That's a bit extremist. DICE going console is hardly a CoD mimick. thats like saying borderlands 2 is a FPS RPG version of cod or Halo is CoD without ADS Every shooter share base princables or contents, e.g. most have all types of weapons (Assualt Rifles, SMGs, LMGs, Sniper Rifles, Shotguns, Luanchers, Grenades, Melee Weapons (or melee in general), Side Arms (Pistols, Revolvers, Auto-Pistols) and often one or more quirky weapons or alien weapons if the genre fits. all games derive from Wolfinstein then Doom. without these games we may not have the good gameplay FPS games we have today all FPS games have followed the path and then evolved: Halo, Cod, MoH, Unreal Tournement, Borderlands, Battlefield, Rainbow Six. All of them have derived from one origin, they travel on parallel roads, all built on different grounds with different materials, but some recommending some materials to the other companies. It may be a competive buisness, but you have no idea how many studios help other companies without actually designing aspects of the game. It may be competetive, but it is frienly rivalry, despite what fans are willing to believe.

They equivelences between weapons have been well difined, so why complain about it? e.g Sniper Rifle has slower fire rate than the beam rifle, 4 mag, same dam propities, but it does'nt overheat, the binary rifle is onehit, two mag but slower rate of fire, how is that not varity or balanced?

Halo has different weapon styles, same types of weapons, but they work uniquely to Halo and are quite recognisable. adding new weapons like the bolt pistol or LMG style weapon is just adding new, intresting tactics to the game, rather than the entire gameplay, besides, with Frank O'Conner (Who was'nt pleased with reach himself) there he should stop the game falling from the path.

I'm talking about the standard weapons, not the power weapons, all the normal weapons are functionally identical..

As for the Activision thing, they hired employees from both companies, naturally they'd want their logo on the game. Extremist? No. Because its already starting to happen.

PS: Battlefield came out before COD..

I'm talking about the standard weapons, not the power weapons, all the normal weapons are functionally identical..

As for the Activision thing, they hired employees from both companies, naturally they'd want their logo on the game. Extremist? No. Because its already starting to happen.

PS: Battlefield came out before COD..

I know Battlefield came out before CoD.

Even the basic headshot weapons have variety. BR has a 2.0x scope where as the has a DMR 3.0x scope, but their DAM is differant and the Covenant Carbine also has a 2.0x scope, and less DAM than either of the above, but has a faster fire rate. The the Light Rifle fires in three-round bursts of hard light when fired from the hip but fires a single, focused hard light round when the scope is toggled.These precision rounds are more powerful, but use 3 times as much ammunition and it has a 2.0x Scope. Variety and balancing. If that isn't the case for you then check both words up in the dictionary.

Even the basic headshot weapons have variety. BR has a 2.0x scope where as the has a DMR 3.0x scope, but their DAM is differant and the Covenant Carbine also has a 2.0x scope, and less DAM than either of the above, but has a faster fire rate. The the Light Rifle fires in three-round bursts of hard light when fired from the hip but fires a single, focused hard light round when the scope is toggled.These precision rounds are more powerful, but use 3 times as much ammunition and it has a 2.0x Scope. Variety and balancing. If that isn't the case for you then check both words up in the dictionary.

@

He's right you know. We had a rather long discussion about this in the shoutbox a while back. While the primary weapons all "match up" so to speak, they each have different traits. This means that they compliment a players play-style without overpowering one another.
  • Like 1

@

He's right you know. We had a rather long discussion about this in the shoutbox a while back. While the primary weapons all "match up" so to speak, they each have different traits. This means that they compliment a players play-style without overpowering one another.

I know, I know, I'm just trying to say is, if you look at them in their basic form, they're pretty much the same, know what I mean? I understand we need balance, but when all the weapons feel the same, well then.. Yeah..

I know, I know, I'm just trying to say is, if you look at them in their basic form, they're pretty much the same, know what I mean? I understand we need balance, but when all the weapons feel the same, well then.. Yeah..

Ah, but that's the thing though. They don't feel the same, nor even work the same. While they are balanced, they are very different. One is a three shot burst, one is semi-auto, and the other is rapid fire semi-auto. The only two primaries that look like they work in the same way are the Light Rifle and the DMR. The Storm Rifle and the AR also work a bit different. Honestly, it's rather surprising that they were able to balance the weapons as well as they have without making them all the exact same as each other.

What this means is that even though the weapons are balanced, you will have a favorite. You will prefer one over the other, and not just because of aesthetics but because they play differently, and you will be better with one than the other. Some will be better with the DMR than they are with the BR, others will be better with the Carbine or light rifle.

343 is doing a magnificent job :) and I really have faith in what they are doing with the series, sure there is big change ahead; but change can be good and a breath of fresh air is just what the Halo series needed. I look forward to Halo 4 with high expectations.