My views on the rumours we have so far

My BR iZ RusTyy

Ok so I just wanted to share my thoughts on what we have seen/heard/read so far on Halo 4, please fill free to post your own thoughts on the points I mention.

Obviously what information we have so far isn't set in stone and the end product may be different altogether, Ok lets get started.

1) Instant respawns: The only reason I can see why 343 would want this is to increase the pace of the gameplay, however I don't find the gameplay slow at all, most of the maps are so small that quite often you can see an enemy as soon as you respawn. The negatives I see with this is if I killed someone they would instantly respawn and know exactly where I am, leaving me very little time to reload my gun, recharge my shields and relocate somewhere else. Also some people use the respawn countdown to think of there next move/strategy.

2) Drop pods: On most maps the power weapons are in the centre of the map so both teams have an equal opportunity to grab the power weapon(s), this means that whichever team takes control of the power weapons has map control and the opposing team have to work well as a team to take control. However (I'm assuming) the drop pods will contain power weapons and will be dropped through out the map giving the losing team a chance to gain a power weapon and take map control, my issue with this is the losing team didn't earn map control by working well as a team. Map control should be earned, not something that's just handed to you via a drop pod.

3) Armour abilities: Where did AA's come from? Well they came from Halo: Reach, Halo Reach is a prequel to Halo CE, so how come AA's weren't in Halo CE, halo 2, halo 3 or ODST but may be in Halo 4? Halo 4 is a sequel to Halo 3, It makes absolutely no chronological sense and doesn't tie into the storyline at all, infact it completely ignores it. If they do include AA's in Halo 4 then 343 are obviously just trying to please the people that liked AA's in Halo Reach. Its a dangerous tactic and one they better have a good answer for.

3.1) Sprint: Sprint for everyone as a natural ability. Its been mentioned before that a super soldier from the future should be able to sprint, fair point I agree, however I don't feel Halo needs fast spartans, its not like the maps are the size of BF3's maps. My biggest gripe with sprint is players sprinting away from a fight they are losing, its just cheap and in my opinion cannot be considered skill. You can evade death perfectly well in Halo 3 by using the map to your advantage, strafing or confusing your opponent all of which requires more skill than legging it across the map.

3.2) Jetpack: Completely defeats the purpose of gaining map control, map control is something you have to fight hard to obtain it shouldn't be something you can just fly to and take.

3.3) Armour lock: I'm sorry If I stick you or put a rocket under your feet you should die, stop being a ***** and take it like a man.

3.4) Hologram: Seems really pointless to me, I guess its intended to be a distraction however there so easy to spot, who runs in a completely straight line right into a wall?

3.5) Camo: Again should be something earned and not just given.

In my opinion AA's make the game unbalanced, I can see that some people may find them fun to use so I wouldn't object to AA's being included in social playlists but certainly not ranked.

4): The DMR: Its a good weapon, I like using it, the issue I have with it is that you can use it across the map which means you can use it as a sniper rifle, which pretty much negates the need to have snipers in the game. Snipers should be pretty much untouchable at super long range I feel a player should have to either out smart someone with a sniper rifle to kill them or simply get closer to them in order to kill them.

Also same story as the AA's, why is it in Halo 4? 343 thinking of their wallets rather than people who care about the story/history.

5) Custom Loadouts: Which include AA's Mods and weapons you can earn. How you can earn them I don't know but I would imagine either by playing alot (EXP) or by Rank, either way it gives an advantage to players that are either good or have no lives. So lets say your a level 40, you could fight a level 50 (using the Halo 3 search engine) who has more skill than you and better weapons, mods and AA's than you.

6) Join session in progress: If I'm winning a game and the enemy team starts quitting and then new players join to make up the numbers I'm having to beat more players than I should have to in order to get a win. If its a 4v4 I should only have to beat 4 players.

The above is not a personal attack on 343 in anyway, I'd have the same thoughts if my mum was designing Halo 4.

Anyway please post your thoughts :)

• Like 1

3.1) If sprinting is an ability that every player is given and someone uses it to sprint away from you during a fight, then sprint after them. You're not helpless in that kind of situation, use your sprint to chase after them and put a bullet in their head.

3.3) Armour Lock has been confirmed by Frank himself to not be in Halo 4.

4) The DMR has a very long range and is five shots minimum to kill. Because of the incredible amount of range it possesses, the gun was given an incredible amount of spread the more often and faster you fired it. At longer ranges this made it a lot harder to kill an opponent, not to mention the ammo you would be burning through just to get one kill.

6) If a join-in-progress system were put into effect, you would only have to face four enemy players. People would not be able to join a game that has a full amount of players, and only enough players to kill the team(s) would be allowed to join. You would not have anything such as 4 v 6 or 4 v 9.

"I'm having to beat more players than I should have to in order to get a win. If its a 4v4 I should only have to beat 4 players."

You would not be beating more players than you should have to. The teams would only be allowed to have four players maximum on either side. You'd still only face off against four other players.

• Like 1

3.1) If sprinting is an ability that every player is given and someone uses it to sprint away from you during a fight, then sprint after them. You would not be helpless in that kind of situation. There would be nothing stopping you from sprinting after them to finish them off.

3.3) Armour Lock has been confirmed by Frank himself to not be in Halo 4.

4) The DMR has a very long range and is five shots minimum to kill. Because of the incredible amount of range it possesses, the gun was given an incredible amount of spread the more often and faster you fired it. At longer ranges this made it a lot harder to kill an opponent, not to mention the ammo you would be burning through just to get one kill.

6) If a join-in-progress system were put into effect, you would only have to face four enemy players. People would not be able to join a game that has a full amount of players, and only enough players to kill the team(s) would be allowed to join. You would not have anything such as 4 v 6 or 4 v 9.

"I'm having to beat more players than I should have to in order to get a win. If its a 4v4 I should only have to beat 4 players."

You would not be beating more players than you should have to. The teams would only be allowed to have four players maximum on either side. You'd still only face off against four other players.

Cool, no Armour lock, that's a start :)

Well the player's accuracy and patience plays a big role in how easy (or not) it is to kill an opponent with a DMR from long range, its certainly very easy to clean people up if they are weak with a DMR at long range.

What I meant with Number 6 was, say a 4v4 game starts, half way through 2 enemy players leave (you've effectively just beaten the 2 that left) then 2 new players join so its now a 4v4 again you still have to beat the 2 additional new players aswell as the 2 original players, so in effect you've beaten 6 players. going on the logic that most players quit because they are getting beaten,

What I meant with Number 6 was, say a 4v4 game starts, half way through 2 enemy players leave (you've effectively just beaten the 2 that left) then 2 new players join so its now a 4v4 again you still have to beat the 2 additional new players aswell as the 2 original players, so in effect you've beaten 6 players. going on the logic that most players quit because they are getting beaten,

You didn't actually beat the two that quit though. They chose to leave the game, so I wouldn't consider it a won or a loss for them. What I meant is that you would only be fighting against four other players. The game would still be even and fair, no team would have a player count advantage. Regardless if you have to still go against the two that didn't quit and the two that joined to take the place of the quitters, you're still only fighting against four opponents. That's still balanced as far as teams go.

• Like 1

You didn't actually beat the two that quit though. They chose to leave the game, so I wouldn't consider it a won or a loss for them. What I meant is that you would only be fighting against four other players. The game would still be even and fair, no team would have a player count advantage. Regardless if you have to still go against the two that didn't quit and the two that joined to take the place of the quitters, you're still only fighting against four opponents. That's still balanced as far as teams go.

I disagree, people rarely leave a game if they are winning, infact I don't know anybody that has ever quit when winning out of their own choice. The fact is If 2 people quit in a 4v4 and 2 additional new players join you have fought against 6 players in total ( 2 players that quit, 2 players than stayed and 2 additional players)

EDIT: it would only seem fair if the 2 additional players than join are of completely equal ( in every way) to the players that left. And we both know that would hardly ever be the case.

Armor abilities are to make the game more fun. DONT TELL ME YOU DONT HAVE FUN DOING JETPACK ASSASSANATIONS. DONT TELL ME YOU DONT HAVE FUN MESSING WITH SOMEONES MIND WHILE THEY TRY TO SHOOT YOU (EVADE). DONT TELL ME YOU DONT HAVE FUN GOING INTO ARMOR LOCK INFROTN OF A FULL SPEED GHOST. Who thinks halo would be boring without armor abilities in reach. I do. Oh AAs have an advantage in campaign and firefight. Just keep that in mind.

Armor abilities are to make the game more fun. DONT TELL ME YOU DONT HAVE FUN DOING JETPACK ASSASSANATIONS. DONT TELL ME YOU DONT HAVE FUN MESSING WITH SOMEONES MIND WHILE THEY TRY TO SHOOT YOU (EVADE). DONT TELL ME YOU DONT HAVE FUN GOING INTO ARMOR LOCK INFROTN OF A FULL SPEED GHOST. Who thinks halo would be boring without armor abilities in reach. I do. Oh AAs have an advantage in campaign and firefight. Just keep that in mind.

I did say in my OP that some may find AA's fun and that is fine, I personally prefer the basic (IMO) more competitive game play that halo 3 offers, I play to win and I find winning fun.

I'm also not visually impaired so no need for the CAPS, it makes it look like your shouting at me.

DONT TELL ME YOU DONT HAVE FUN DOING JETPACK ASSASSANATIONS! DONT TELL ME YOU DONT HAVE FUNGOING INVISIBLE AND PLAYING HALO AND SEEK! DONT TELL ME YOU DONT HAVE FUN GOING INTO ARMOR LOCK INFRONT OF A FULL SPEED GHOST. AAs HAVE AN ADVANTAGE IN FIREFIGHT AND CAMPAIGN. JUST KEEP THAT IN MIND WHEN YOUR PLAYIN MISSIONS LIKE "ONI SWORDBASE".

I disagree, people rarely leave a game if they are winning, infact I don't know anybody that has ever quit when winning out of their own choice. The fact is If 2 people quit in a 4v4 and 2 additional new players join you have fought against 6 players in total ( 2 players that quit, 2 players than stayed and 2 additional players)

EDIT: it would only seem fair if the 2 additional players than join are of completely equal ( in every way) to the players that left. And we both know that would hardly ever be the case.

But what about the 2 left over? They are stuck against 4 players. Then those 2 quit and nobody is happy. Thats why Join in Session is a good idea.

But what about the 2 left over? They are stuck against 4 players. Then those 2 quit and nobody is happy. Thats why Join in Session is a good idea.

Ok well how would you feel if you were winning a 4v4, half way through a match, the worst enemy player quits, a moment later an awesome player takes the place of the player that quit and the enemy team ends up winning the match, wouldn't you feel cheated out of a win?

Also what about if your the person joining a game and join right at the end of the match, pretty boring right? and you might even get a lose

What about joining a team that is getting absolutely shafted?