Are you upset that Elites will not be playable in Halo 4 Matchmaking?

ZB-85

Are you upset that Elites will not be playable in Halo 4 matchmaking?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Are you upset that Elites will not be playable in Matchmaking?

I love Sangheili, it's my lively hood; it's what I know. I would appreciate it if you did not desecrate it.

You may not care, but what about the hundreds, thousands of warriors that are in Fleets now?

How do you think they will feel, do not throw blasphemous insults around, or say that you do not care, because you will realise when they are gone, when we're gone. You'll wish they were still here....

• Like 6

Im personally not upset with this. I think it will be more of a fair game if everyone is a spartan. I really hate shooting elites in the head only for them to keep running lol

Yeah, for them to run and dominate, not to mention destroy all other Spartans clans, having some of the best fleets this world has seen.

i dont know why you say you dont care, maybe because the elites are difficult to kill for you? i think so and if the elites go then all the elite weaponry including vehicles should to then how would you fell just spartans and human weaponry.. thats not the halo i know, halo has a one of a kind game play that is unlike any other game and just taking away the 30% of what makes it halo will destroy it..

i dont know why you say you dont care, maybe because the elites are difficult to kill for you? i think so and if the elites go then all the elite weaponry including vehicles should to then how would you fell just spartans and human weaponry.. thats not the halo i know, halo has a one of a kind game play that is unlike any other game and just taking away the 30% of what makes it halo will destroy it..

No, some people (like myself) simply don't care because it's not a huge deal to us. I played as an elite a few times, but for the most part I have always chosen to be a Spartan. The weaponry isn't Elite weaponry, it's Covenant weaponry. We had it in Halo 1 and Elites were not playable, so what you're saying really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The 30% that you mention in your post...how did you happen to come up with this percentage? What have you done, looked at, read, etc. to determine that the Elites being playable made up 30% of what Halo is? On that same note, what makes Halo Halo will vary depending on who you ask. We all have our own different opinions on what makes Halo what it is, and no one person can claim that they know just exactly what makes the series what it is. Removing the option to play as an Elite in multiplayer will hardly "destroy" the series. What will destroy the series is a lack of change in gameplay and the lack of evolution as a whole. As for the one of a kind gameplay you talk about, how do Elites affect that at all? When playing as an Elite (Apart from in Halo: Reach) the game plays exactly the same. You use weapons just like a Spartan player would. You jump, run, hit, and throw grenades just like a Spartan would. Everything is the same apart from maybe the hitboxes.

• Like 2

It's bull****. Why they feel the need to change is unknown and pointless. They're dumb and justvwant to ruin the game.

They are not dumb and they do not want to ruin the game. Just because you don't agree with a decision that they've made does not give you the right to label them as unintelligent and accuse them of wanting to ruin a game they have been working on for at least three years. Why would they want to ruin their own game? How would that benefit them at all? It wouldn't.

• Like 2

actually it was the astetic elites that made the covenant weaponry and they are made in the use of forerunner weapon and you cannot have an opinion on something if you dont know it.. now go into a sangheli clan or fleet see how many people have elite names like zuka vernasee, voro vodatee, sesa vadumee, there are thousands of us and learn our oath of samurai and the ranks and the meaning of a real sangheli then ill listen to your comment ms

actually it was the astetic elites that made the covenant weaponry and they are made in the use of forerunner weapon and you cannot have an opinion on something if you dont know it.. now go into a sangheli clan or fleet see how many people have elite names like zuka vernasee, voro vodatee, sesa vadumee, there are thousands of us and learn our oath of samurai and the ranks and the meaning of a real sangheli then ill listen to your comment ms

I don't have to do any of that for you to read my comments. I should not have to go through so much just for you to have an open mind and accept my opinion. The Elites being playable for multiplayer are not what made Covenant weaponry. The Covenant developed their own weapons but also used Forerunner technology to aid in the creation of these weapons and other technology. (To my knowledge). Please read over my posts again, and this time with an open mind. Just because I do not care to play as an Elite or care to go to such lengths as to role play as an Elite does not make my opinion any less valid than if someone who did those things was saying it.

As for what you are trying to say, McChicken343...

They are not simply creating Call of Duty or some other game with the Halo aesthetic. They have told us and assured us that the game still feels like Halo. When you at least rent and play all that the game has to offer, then you can honestly tell me how the game plays and feels. Until then, your accusations of Halo 4 being nothing more than a Call of Duty clone or copy-cat have nothing to really back them up other than some features that we have yet to see in action and learn enough about to properly judge.

• Like 4

the elites and prophets were fighting long before the covenant was created and the elites used energy swords and energy staves, and how can you not like such and elegant honourable race by the name of sangheli, are you forgetting all about arbiter and master chief.. not one person disliked the fact that spartans and elites were together now you just say i dont care if elites are there or not.. i would be pretty upset if spartans were out of the picture its just im only annoyed with the fact that people dont care, they have already confirmed elites are in and playable with elite ops.

That's the thing... Spartans can't be taken out of the picture. I've said this before. Without Spartans, there is no halo.

And no, elites and prophets fought after the creation of the covenant, while sangheili were still armed with San'Shyunn weapons. The covenant, was just a temporary truce between multiple races to take out the humans; also an ancient enemy of the forerunners. They teamed up to take out humans, that's it.

the elites and prophets were fighting long before the covenant was created and the elites used energy swords and energy staves, and how can you not like such and elegant honourable race by the name of sangheli, are you forgetting all about arbiter and master chief.. not one person disliked the fact that spartans and elites were together now you just say i dont care if elites are there or not.. i would be pretty upset if spartans were out of the picture its just im only annoyed with the fact that people dont care, they have already confirmed elites are in and playable with elite ops.

I haven't heard anything about an "Elite Ops", so if you would please link me to an interview or statement about this then that would be nice. I'm just not informed about that mode. I do not care if they are playable or not because I hardly ever used them and had no desire to use them. Spartans have always been the race I preferred, and I have always liked their armour choices far more than that of the Elites. I never said that I do not like Elites at all, I said that I do not care if we are allowed to play as them. Spartans wouldn't be out of the picture because that is what players have played as from the beginning. The Spartans are what Halo's gameplay is designed around, not the Elites. They have been a part of Halo's multiplayer since day one.