Halo CEA download options

HCEA to Reach via disk download  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Add the Halo 2 map pack download option for HCEA via copy to hard drive READ POST And MY LAST POST BEFORE VOTING OR POSTING

I was reading another post about the Updates on CEA and they said the multiplayer and Firefight maps + campaign + hopefully forge and theater and the only way we could have the MP and FF maps would be by download in the future after the release of the game. But thats 7 maps! thats alot of data to download. And I know alot of people who have broadband and playing online works great but when it come to downloading that another story to put in persective it takes us 6-10 hours to download .600-.900 GB DLCs. Its just very impractical to switch between disks when ever they want to play a reach or CEA map so I suggest (along with the Xbox live download option)that you should add the Halo 2 map pack download option also, put in your CEA disk and select Map Copy transfer (or what every you would call it) and then select copy HCEA maps to reach file and then select transfer this would then download the maps to your hard drive and when it is completed it would ask you to remove your HCEA disk and insert your Reach disk then your this would complete the transaction and it would download the 7 maps to your Reach game as well (the maps are still in CEA also) I think this would be very convient and possibly more people would by the game who didnt want to have the campaign and wait for the Maps to be on market.

• Like 3

Well, I downloaded Noble and Defiant map packs in just a few minutes and thats like what, 6 maps? No reason they couldnt make some DLC in the form of H2 maps for reach.

Yes I know it is fast for some but like me I have internet that is pretty decent on live games but downloading is really slow and alot of people have the same problem, I dont see why they couldnt add it and if someone doesnt use it they dont use it but it couldnt hurt to have it, alot of people would use it. And im not saying add halo 2 dlc maps to CEA im saying they way Bungie did to transfer the DLC maps from a seperate disk to hard drive to the original halo 2 disk/data file. (Im not shure if that was what your were saying-add halo 2 maps to CEA maps- but that is the way your response came out to me.)

how about some halo 3 too!

add another poll for halo 3

This is not for downloading thoes types of maps! it is for the method Bungie made for downloading halo 2 dlc to the disk! ALL READ THIS BEFORE VOTEING OR POSTING ANOTHER ADD MAPS to POLL THIS IS A POLL for the METHOD BUNGIE USED IN HALO 2 TO DOWNLOAD DLC TO THE MAIN DISK BUT INSTEAD USE CEA AND GIVE US THE OPTION TO DO THIS TO THE ALREADY CREATED HALO CEA MULTIPLAYER MAPS TO THE HALO REACH DISK FOR CONVIENENCE FOR PEOPLE WHO DONT HAVE FAST ENOUGH INTERNET TO DOWNLOAD THE CEA MP MAPS TO REACH VIA MARKETPLACE. I am sorry I put your idea down RussianPenguin but I needed to get the idea out that this topic is not about adding Halo 2 or Halo 3 maps the the CEA maps.

while i agree that they should put that as an option i doubt they do it, because whats stopping someone from letting their friend copy the maps on his xbox so he gets the map pack for free? so i think 343i wouldn't do that because they would want to make as much money as they can

while i agree that they should put that as an option i doubt they do it, because whats stopping someone from letting their friend copy the maps on his xbox so he gets the map pack for free? so i think 343i wouldn't do that because they would want to make as much money as they can

I wasnt going to bring this up but since you did I might as well, like in homefront you could only play on line with your battle code 1 per disk or you would have to buy a new one. They could do this with the game after 1 person does it it could no longer be used but the only way to do it again would purchase another download code via marketplace for the same price as the DLC so you could still use the disk do copy the maps and still get all the profits per download. Everyone wins

I think the second disk is just perfectly fine :mellow:

Second disk? Everyone has been saying H.B.O confirmed the second disk would only have the 7 maps not the other DLC maps and if we wanted the CEA maps on Reach we would have to buy them again and download them online via marketplace which was the whole point of this topic to have the halo 2 style download option available for thoes with out or with slow broadband service.

343i said CEA was going to be ONE disk and you will not need REACH to play the new maps. So, there will be no 2nd disk.

But we would need to download all 7 maps to reach if we wanted all of the multiplayer maps together, which means ill be spending 12 hours downloading that map pack. And using half of my monthly Data allowence. I hate verizon.

But we would need to download all 7 maps to reach if we wanted all of the multiplayer maps together, which means ill be spending 12 hours downloading that map pack. And using half of my monthly Data allowence. I hate verizon.

Why will you need to download anything? You put in the Disk, and PLAY REACH MULTIPLAYER. They have put out that the TU is to make it all work.

Why will you need to download anything? You put in the Disk, and PLAY REACH MULTIPLAYER. They have put out that the TU is to make it all work.

So you are saying if I downloaded all the DLC for REACH on the REACH DISK the 1 CEA DISK will recognize that and will have all the maps on it or is it vise versa My REACH disk will have the CEA maps on it if I buy CEA and play it?

Ok...the DLC doesnt download to a game disk. Example...rockband, if you download some songs, I have noticed that almost every RB game will use the DLC. I would imagine that if you have the Noble or Defiant map packs, they will still show up either way. I dont know about CEA tho. At worst, and it looks this way, you will have to take out the CEA disk, and put in the REACH disk to play the other maps. Frank did put out that in the future, the classic maps will be added as DLC for REACH, so you will not need the CEA disk to play them, you can use the Reach disk at that point. I believe that as of now, you will have to use the CEA disk to play the classic maps, and the Reach disk to play Reach MP. It really isnt a big deal.

Ok...the DLC doesnt download to a game disk. Example...rockband, if you download some songs, I have noticed that almost every RB game will use the DLC. I would imagine that if you have the Noble or Defiant map packs, they will still show up either way. I dont know about CEA tho. At worst, and it looks this way, you will have to take out the CEA disk, and put in the REACH disk to play the other maps. Frank did put out that in the future, the classic maps will be added as DLC for REACH, so you will not need the CEA disk to play them, you can use the Reach disk at that point. I believe that as of now, you will have to use the CEA disk to play the classic maps, and the Reach disk to play Reach MP. It really isnt a big deal.

[/quote

But im lazy....

I found out what i needed to I think i was miss wording it when i said download to disk, but I found a question and anwser on 343 offical website (www.halowaypoint.com) and they said if you have reach and get CEA you can download the maps to your HDD (Hard Drive Device) and they will show up in Reach (no switching of disks!) but thanks for the input everyone!