Absolutely Unacceptable!

Veer Zamamai

Someone please clarify this and tell me this isn't true, that Sangheili/Elites will not be in Halo 4?

I'm not interested now, I'm not getting it. Along with the other thousand warriors that are now in Sangheili clans. 343, get out!

I think that there will not be any in Multiplayer, but in Custom Games; Forge; Campaign, etc.

It's a redesigned version of Reach and just like Reach, you will play as Spartans in a majority of the Gametypes, but you will still be able to play as Sangheili/Elites, what a relief.

Lol Caboose. Paarthurnax, Sangheili won't be in multiplayer and I don't think they'll be in forge or customs either but they're definitely in the campaign.

That sucks, I'm not sure. From what my friend has heard, it will be like Reach in the way that Elites were not in all Multiplayer gametypes, but in Forge and Custom Games.

That sucks, I'm not sure. From what my friend has heard, it will be like Reach in the way that Elites were not in all Multiplayer gametypes, but in Forge and Custom Games.

There's no way your friend could know that. People are liars, man. Would be cool, but I wouldn't keep your hopes up.

There's no way your friend could know that. People are liars, man. Would be cool, but I wouldn't keep your hopes up.

Yeah, I'm getting that feeling already. Well Halo was a good run, doubt I'll play the next one.

It's official Elites won't be in multiplier for sure, however forge; custom games; and campaign are the only places I personally think Elites should be in.

Exactly, I'm not sure if it's going to be like Reach, considering it's a redesigned version of it.

I can definatly understand everyone's fustration with the removal of a staple character like the Elites. Even though they did reveal that the elites were not going to be included as playable, I think it was a descision that was not made lightly. Removing the Elites, leaves a void to be filled by potential other races or a specific race. But I can really see how a large majority of the community will miss them and be angered by this. All i can say is, please wait and give it a chance. Perhaps in time, as we get more information we will love the fact that the Elites were replaced with a more badass species?

Halo 4 is not a remake of Reach though. yes they did borrow the Reach engine and add onto it, or stripped it down...still unclear about the amount of both they did....but yeah, we can't be 100% how different it will feel right now. personally speaking I think halo 4 holds a lot of great things in store for players, as long as they are able to hang on long enough to see and experience them. generally speaking to the community, I hope every one of you at least hang in there and give it a chance and see if there is something you can find that you like. 343I has devoted 3 years thus far into this game, and I think it would be highly unlikely that any one of my fellow brothers/sisters, won't find anything they like.

• Like 4

I can definatly understand everyone's fustration with the removal of a staple character like the Elites. Even though they did reveal that the elites were not going to be included as playable, I think it was a descision that was not made lightly. Removing the Elites, leaves a void to be filled by potential other races or a specific race. But I can really see how a large majority of the community will miss them and be angered by this. All i can say is, please wait and give it a chance. Perhaps in time, as we get more information we will love the fact that the Elites were replaced with a more badass species?

Halo 4 is not a remake of Reach though. yes they did borrow the Reach engine and add onto it, or stripped it down...still unclear about the amount of both they did....but yeah, we can't be 100% how different it will feel right now. personally speaking I think halo 4 holds a lot of great things in store for players, as long as they are able to hang on long enough to see and experience them. generally speaking to the community, I hope every one of you at least hang in there and give it a chance and see if there is something you can find that you like. 343I has devoted 3 years thus far into this game, and I think it would be highly unlikely that any one of my fellow brothers/sisters, won't find anything they like.

I'm not sure, yes Halo 4 is made off of a redesigned version of Reach. It is also said that they're not in Matchmaking, which is not to say that they aren't in Custom Games or Forge, come to think of it, there was not much activity in Reach Matchmaking for Elites, a majority of the time you played as a Spartan, perhaps it will be the same, but without Elites. Plus, the Sangheili fleets have been together for years, I don't think it will be that simple, many that I have spoke with have said that they will retreat to Halo 3 or Reach, which will be the case. If you've been devoted to a cause for so long, it is near enough impossible to give up.

"If you've been devoted to a cause for so long, it is near enough impossible to give up."

Oh for Gods sake dont be so melodramatic. I was very sad when they removed Elites from Reach. I was less sad when it was reported they wouldnt be in this one, but not so much as with Reach. But so what? Its a cosmetic difference.

You want a cause? Become a Communist or a Christian. At least they believe in something important, even if they are on opposing sides of the spectrum.

"If you've been devoted to a cause for so long, it is near enough impossible to give up."

Oh for Gods sake dont be so melodramatic. I was very sad when they removed Elites from Reach. I was less sad when it was reported they wouldnt be in this one, but not so much as with Reach. But so what? Its a cosmetic difference.

You want a cause? Become a Communist or a Christian. At least they believe in something important, even if they are on opposing sides of the spectrum.

its a perspective or opinion viva

I'm all for the implementation of Elites as long as it makes sense story-wise.

However, I don't want them to add Elites simply for pleasing some of the fanbase.

It is better to have everyone pleased, and to have what they want, than to have many players upset, or displeased with the final result. Over a thousand gamers partake in the Sangheili Community now, if not more. Many still play Halo 3, even now.

If you've been apart of something; a cause for more than eight years, I don't think switching is that easy. People, sensible people, can see mine and others frustration with this. It will be a hard and pressing change, I just hope that 343 Industries can see sense. If not, look out Halo 3, or even Reach.

Ok guys, as I was saying in another post, this kind of thing is killing us as a community and not helping us being taken seriously. There is no reason for anyone to call out another member for supporting their cause or years of devotion. Doing so only helps to further fuel debates and anger between the cultures.

Viva, please understand that certain people or sub-cultures devote a large amount of time to a game or anything else in life. The passiona nd time devoted to Halo is no different than the passion car builders feel for rebuilding vehicles, or that artists have for painting, etc....

That being said, as a passionate person that you have shown to be Paar, you have to also look at the other side of things. I know it is not easy to abandon parts of your routine expectations and passion but there has to come a time when you let go a bit just to see if there is something new you can find. Halo 4 holds many mysteries for us and as such, we must wait the proper coarse of things to come albeit slow and not forthcoming soon. Everything will be reveiled in time, and I think as a great community of followers, we owe Halo back a little bit in the form of waiting and giving it a chance. This is a new developer and new ideas, and whole new generation of gamer coming into the franchise. Older members have seen the community and titles grow and a lot of the time we have to hold our tongue and embrace the change first and formost as to set an example.

Please try to be a little patient and see what is going to happen. After waiting and more is reveiled and you still feel upset or up in arms about what is happenening, then at that point you can decide which path to go fully. I would hate to see passionate people like you leave and not look back. With such a strong passion and feeling, you could help the push for community wholeness and also help me get the community to be truley heard thru unity.

• Like 2

Ok guys, as I was saying in another post, this kind of thing is killing us as a community and not helping us being taken seriously. There is no reason for anyone to call out another member for supporting their cause or years of devotion. Doing so only helps to further fuel debates and anger between the cultures.

Viva, please understand that certain people or sub-cultures devote a large amount of time to a game or anything else in life. The passiona nd time devoted to Halo is no different than the passion car builders feel for rebuilding vehicles, or that artists have for painting, etc....

That being said, as a passionate person that you have shown to be Paar, you have to also look at the other side of things. I know it is not easy to abandon parts of your routine expectations and passion but there has to come a time when you let go a bit just to see if there is something new you can find. Halo 4 holds many mysteries for us and as such, we must wait the proper coarse of things to come albeit slow and not forthcoming soon. Everything will be reveiled in time, and I think as a great community of followers, we owe Halo back a little bit in the form of waiting and giving it a chance. This is a new developer and new ideas, and whole new generation of gamer coming into the franchise. Older members have seen the community and titles grow and a lot of the time we have to hold our tongue and embrace the change first and formost as to set an example.

Please try to be a little patient and see what is going to happen. After waiting and more is reveiled and you still feel upset or up in arms about what is happenening, then at that point you can decide which path to go fully. I would hate to see passionate people like you leave and not look back. With such a strong passion and feeling, you could help the push for community wholeness and also help me get the community to be truley heard thru unity.

I hear what you are saying, I am willing to give it a chance, at least for now. But I shall continue my Campaign, I will see if our voices are heard, if not, at least we can say we tried. Thank you for being understanding.

• Like 2

Not a problem at all Vaar. it is my personal goal to begin to unite everyone thru honest understanding and trying to bridge the gap between all our sub-culture player forms. Anytime I can help you out in any way, do not hesitate to ask. All i ask is that you spread the kind word to all you know in other forums. Kinda like paying it forward a little ;)

From what's been said by 343i, they are trying to integrate the multiplayer into the storyline, rather than it being a random stand-alone. This means that not only is the campaign going to have a story, but there is going to be a story for the people who just play multiplayer too! :D True, this means no playable Elites in multiplayer, but that doesn't rule them out for Halo 5 and Halo 6. People are forgetting that this is 343i's first Halo game under their own steam. They are bound to make a few mistakes, but are also bound to correct them in future releases.

I myself am a Spartan player, always have been. I will miss seeing random elites in matchmaking though. Especially in Halo 3 SWAT. xD

My suggestion to those who won't be buying Halo 4 is to rent it from Gamefly at least. At LEAST give it a shot. Don't condemn a game that has been good to you for over a decade before you even put it in your disc drive. If you end up liking it, then buy it. If not, oh well. No harm, no foul.

Couldnt have said it better myself Director. Also as a side note, we know for a fact that the Elites are not gone, but they are ina great turmoil back at Sanghellos and the warrior class Elites are utterly all but helpless now according to Glasslands, which Frank did say is a part of this new trilogy. So yeah guys, the Eiltes will definatly be back in a big way. Hopefully we will see a sequel to Glasslands sometime in the near future to give us a peek at what may happen in Halo 4, 5 and 6.

• Like 1