Halo 4 for pc..... ???

Nakroz

A standard PC is loads of times more powerful than any console. If you have a gaming PC then the 360 generally can't even match its regular clock speed... not considering overclocking.

Pretty much what i was going to say. But the next gen consoles are supposed to have 2-3 times more power then the current Xbox 360, along with about 750 gig-1 terabyte hard drive memory. Sounds great don't it :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Now I'm not going argue the fact that frame rates and thing would improve over on a pc, but no way in hell would microsoft share its only substantial XBL/360 title with PC gamers. It would be suicide from a console gaming point of view. Halo's more than just a game for microsoft its one of the key reasons in people signing and sticking with gold accounts, its also a reason they try to sign dlc first deals with big studios so for a short period at least the only place to play them is via XBL.

Good topic.

I wish to only offer another idea that I might have missed a post of. If that is the case... Well you can imagine trying to play with me on your team in game... :P I suck, but I do make it fun.

We have two camps of gamers. The FIRST: the PC Gamer - They enjoy the lions share of games. The PC platform is always going to be the more powerful choice for gaming. And, thusly will always enjoy the most game titles overall. What do all people using a Windows box think of when they hear of anything related to Microsoft. We think: When will it be released I want to try it.

So when the XBox came out, PC users imagined as I did connecting it to our PC and enjoying it that way, and playing all our PC games on it also. We think it's Microsoft so it should be also PC friendly.

That thinking is wrong really. And, the XBox while a brand of Microsoft, is not a PC item. But, then we have the games that come out. Some are for all formats of playing from other brands, to the XBL gamer community. We as PC gamers don't panic if Mario, comes out just for its box, and or SONY drops a title just for its box.

Goodness, drop anything hinting connection to Microsoft and we PC users feel entitled to it.

The XBL community deserves titles they enjoy that no one else does, like the others and the PC gamers also enjoy. We never cry over the fact that the XBL gamers can not play many of the awesome games the PC can only play.

We then have the XBL gamers - They are just all around awesome people from what I have found. Lot's of fun, and great energy. We PC gamers are a fun bunch sure. But, to buy a game box on top of the PC they own... Dang cool.

They watch the game titles come out and see them for ALL platforms... They seem them for other platforms ONLY... Sadly they can not push to have them made for the XBL community. Must be hard to deal with that. Or, they buy the other brand of game box to get those titles to play.

So in many respects I am fully supporting the XBL content being exclusive. However, Halo has been on the PC. I play Halo 2 on mine. So, to start making it one platform midway through seems a little messed up.

So hear is what I feel would might work for all involved and make money for the companies as well.

Release the title like Halo Reach for a year or two years just to the XBL gamers. No need to even hint at the release date and or time for the PC gamers until its ready. Keep us guessing. Keep the interest alive.

Now Halo Reach has been out a little while now. I imagine in the XBL market the sales must be slowing now. I imagine the market to buy the GOLD level server access have done that.

I might be an idiot, but if I ran a company that sold a popular game, I would do this.

Now that we have Halo 4 the attention for the XBL gamers is all about this game. Not Halo Reach...

Great time to drop the tittle to the PC gamers.

When Halo 5 comes out... I hope it does. Then what... Keep the PC gamers out. That is just silly to do that.

Drop the last title to the PC gamers. If we PC gamers take note we will follow these games like glue. And, the XBL gamers will not miss out on the fun of having them first. And, the PC gamer will have fun down the road when the next release comes out. I nthe event a new title does not come out the default wait time can be two to two and a half years for the title to reach the PC market.

I only suggest this for any games that involve any aspect of Microsoft by the way. Why? Because we PC users feel that Microsoft anything is OURS... Why? It's Microsoft... It should just work on the PC... Really I am not sure why. LOL :P :)

:) But, the XBL gamers deserve the exclusive content they get as much as all other platforms and the PC gamers enjoy.

There most likely isn't going to be in anymore Halo games on the PC due to the epic failure of Halo 2 Vista.

They could make it where Halo 4 works for XP, Vista, and 7, but that's probably not going to happen since Microsoft is trying their best to get people the buy the most recent operating system.

This is why Halo 2 Vista failed. If you were to place a restriction that is not technically needed for a PC game, then it causes failure. The only time where it is acceptable to restrict a game from working on a certain operating system is when that operating system is not compatible with that game. Microsoft could've made Halo 2 Vista for XP. But they're too desperate to force people to put money in their pockets so they didn't realize that. Not only that, Halo 2 Vista was once infected with hackers which Microsoft didn't do a damn thing about.

So no, until Microsoft cease their obsession with money, it's not going to happen.

Halo won't break it's xbox streak. Halo1 & 2 had been released on PC/Mac in the past sure, but that was before the current generation of consoles. Microsoft won't allow any of the current gen halo's to be on any other system, as Halo is the xbox's money maker. Without Halo there wouldn't be xbox, lets just leave it at that :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned emulators. All we have to do is wait for someone to bring our beloved Xbox 360 to the PC. Sure it may not be as fancy as the real deal but at least its halo. So even if Microsoft doesn't give it to us for PC we can still have it on PC. Hopefully.