No elites in Multiplayer

Bubonic Blood

I honestly think that they were planning to completely remove elites. Reach might have been a slow transition to that by limiting the elite armor you could wear, making them less appealing to play. Even though covenant are confirmed to be in the campaign, i guess no elites in multiplayer.

I'm sorry but just because some of you didn't like to play as elites or play elite slayer does not mean it was a smart move on their part. I've been a huge halo fan since halo 1, and yes halo 1 was fun but giving us the abilities to play as elites in halo 2 was what made it even more fun. I'm sorry but as much as I loved bungie (pretty much 343 now) before, I'm not gonna give this game a chance. The fact that they made it FUBAR is the reason why. Probably 30% of the players in Halo 3 were Elites, they got pissed in Reach, and now I don't see a reason as to why they'd even play Halo 4. This isn't halo 1, not everyone wants to be a Spartan. The game is supposed to have MORE choices, not less and less.

So this is the guy who's got everyone saying "Halo has gone COD :o OMG".-Sigh- The people of this world...

Who me? Or the guy in the video?

Guys, the thing about it is, If you began playing before the release of Halo Reach, then you'd understand that playing as an elite is a BIG DEAL. We all hated elites in because of what Bungie did to them. Halo 3 was smooth gameplay, and Spartan and elite players could play together, and fight the other team as a squad. Now they want to intermingle multiplayer and canon, it's just stupid.

I'm sorry but just because some of you didn't like to play as elites or play elite slayer does not mean it was a smart move on their part. I've been a huge halo fan since halo 1, and yes halo 1 was fun but giving us the abilities to play as elites in halo 2 was what made it even more fun. I'm sorry but as much as I loved bungie (pretty much 343 now) before, I'm not gonna give this game a chance. The fact that they made it FUBAR is the reason why. Probably 30% of the players in Halo 3 were Elites, they got pissed in Reach, and now I don't see a reason as to why they'd even play Halo 4. This isn't halo 1, not everyone wants to be a Spartan. The game is supposed to have MORE choices, not less and less.

your not going to give the game a chance because you cant play as a dinosaur? i love elites to but really they dont need to be in the game this doesnt add or take away anything from the game really except invasion R.I.P. my friend always plays as an elite he wants them in but he wont not get the game because there not playable. whats the big deal? idk maybe its just me. i respect your opinion though.

They probably had a decision that started off something like this "Should we put resources into a player model that a minority of the community will ever play as/use, or put those resources into other more meaningful things?"

For all we know, elites may be being replaced with something else to play as. Either way, I'm not bothered by their removal from multiplayer.

• Like 2

I seriously doubt an additional species will appear for multiplayer mainly because it takes place on a holodeck. The more I read on this subject the more sense elites make in multiplayer. One this takes place at least 3 years after Halo 3 and both sides miitary forces were drastically reduced a joint force would be the most likely way to remedy that and to promote cooperation between the 2 species so anouther war didn't break out. We are dealing with a brand new spartan series in the training stages on board ship. That asside I liked the Reach elites I just believe Bungie didn't go far enough. Spartans and Elites being built up modifed and competing to see who the baddest of all.

Who me? Or the guy in the video?

Guys, the thing about it is, If you began playing before the release of Halo Reach, then you'd understand that playing as an elite is a BIG DEAL. We all hated elites in because of what Bungie did to them. Halo 3 was smooth gameplay, and Spartan and elite players could play together, and fight the other team as a squad. Now they want to intermingle multiplayer and canon, it's just stupid.

I always played as an Elite in H3. I always preferred playing as Elites in Reach. Being an elite is something near and dear to me. But this is not a "Oh, dont buy the game beacuse of this!" big deal. If your not going to buy the game over a cosmetic thing like this, albeit a large and influential cosmetic thing but cosmetic nontheless, thats your problem.

Id be allot more inclined to support a strong move to get Elites in H4 if Elite players didnt act so crazy about it.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...