My Opinion On Halo 4 New Features: I think it will NOT be like COD

TheL337destroyer

My personal opinion on all of these new features for Halo 4. I'm actually excited for Halo 4, and do NOT think it will be like COD. I guess I'm part of the 1% who think that. lolololo :thumbsup:

Spartan Points

I actually like this idea a lot. It sounds very similar to Halo: Reach's Credit system, and I really enjoyed being able to see myself gain money for getting kills and winning matches. The only thing Reach lacked, was a Ranking System. But it has already been stated that Halo 4 will indeed have a Ranking System, so I think this will work pretty well.

Spartan Ops

This Idea has me pumped! Its basically story-mode objective missions, that are updated every week. They are free, and will keep on coming for months after the game release. It seems like it will keep me, along with the rest of the Halo Community, playing Halo 4 for a while.

Custom Loudouts

Alright, so I am personally excited to see what exactly this is. The Custom Loudouts will consist of 4 things; Your Primary and Secondary gun, your grenade type, your armor ability, and your modifications. Also, the Jet Pack, Invisibility, and Hologram are coming back.

Now ALOT of people are automatically saying that the game is ruined because of this, but I truly think their Idiots. We haven't even seen how these new features will play out, and their already judging the game itself? Like Come on, its not going to be like COD, 343i is smarter than that. You will most likely only be able to choose regular weapons like the AR, BR, and DMR as your starting guns. And the modifications will probably be things like "2% Jump Increase". So just calm down and wait to actually see the game in action.

Why Reds fight Blues

343i said that multiplayer never had a purpose behind it "story-wise". Which makes perfect sense, because it doesn't. All you do in thee past games, is just kill Spartans for no reason. So to fix that, they have made it so you are a Spartan IV, and are playing virtually on the UNSC Infinity, for combat-testing purposes. The multiplayer actually being the virtual playtest.. With this new feature, I think the game will actually feel a lot cooler, and make more sense in itself.

Sprint

Sprint is now a default ability, and will always be there for your use. I've always wanted this, and felt like Halo: Reach kinda lacked playability, when they made it into an armor ability.

Forerunner Vision

So alot of people are jumping to conclusion about this "Forerunner Vision" thing, calling it COD-Like. Now Frank O' Connor has stated that this is more of a UAV type thing, and that you will not be able to see enemies across the map with it. Me personally, I think it is going to be like the night-vision option from Halo 3: ODST.

• Like 1

I agree 100% Destroyer. People really need to stop saying halo 4 will be like CoD. I mean don't get me wrong, I dont like what I have seen from h4 so far, but I can at least say that I like that they are finally deciding to evolve the game further into modern MM times. On a side note, calling H4 CoD because of loadouts...would be like calling Mass Effect Fable, because Mass Effect uses Fable's consiquence idea to expand gameplay. I mean c'mon guys...there isn't one game out there that hasn't used anothers idea in some form or another.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

the multiplayer side of halo4 has gone to hell i cant believe i hoped and waited for this game only to see some of my favorite features nerfed if they were aming for the alltime disapointment awward then they get infinit points in that regard 343 has lost its care for its customers enjoyment and sold use the game in tiny little lame pieces 8/8 being the best that it can handle is shooting way way way under what the bar is for a fps should be doing. if halo wants to make a good multi player they should look at planetside 2. im so sorry i waisted my money on halo should have put it on COD or better on Planetside2