Why all this hate on 343i?

Unease Peanut

That's not what I said obviously. Why should I have faith in a company that is ruining the beloved Halo series? The fact that they removed playable elites from Halo is just evidence to support my theory that some of their newer employees like Kiki Wolfkill are the reason that this game is going to be horrible. I've been a fanboy too long, always turning my cheek to their stupid decisions, but they have the nerve to say that they listen to the fans....and turn around and remove something that I've never even seen a complaint about! People bitched constantly about AAs, like I gave a **** about that, but come on! They're hopeless! They've conformed to the generic shooter of 2012 and they don't deserve my faith. Obviously if they had an IQ above 60, they'd know they would get a negative reaction from limiting the possibilities and preference options. I mean, they talk about a new game mode called "Spartan OPs" which is going to have the same objective as "Spec OPs" from gay ass CoD, and I'm glad that it will have a new game mode, but that just supports the fact that they've conformed to 2012's generic fps. It's like they think that everyone wants a "realistic" game. What the **** is realistic about a video game? Halo was the different shooter, and when people rated video games, they usually compared it to Halo...but now...I just couldn't see that happening anymore.

Honestly, if you have been in love with Halo since it's original release, then you'd probably understand that just because things evolve, doesn't mean we should have to follow it when it starts rolling down hill.

Whatever you say pal.

Bet your going to buy it anyways and hopefully wont be disappointed.

Be open for change for **** sake

First, the MLG kid reference was because you immediately opposed my post without realizing that I wasn't claiming that casuals can't figure out the game as much as competitive people. You're opinion was biased and you took that and ran with it. It was my attempt to try and find common ground and maybe help you understand where I was coming from. That was my point.

1. Agreed. Again, I wasn't arguing that. But then I think competitve players will go the extra mile to figure stuff out. Like watching videos or checking in custom games. Not the point, on to #2

2. Because, for me, those new features aren't fun. H3 had me coming back because I enjoyed it's features and wanted to learn/master them. That's what good games do. That's where Reach failed for me.

3. So were their options to radically change the game or face having people leave out of boredom? CoD doesn't seem to have that issue. It just seems to me that they could have done things differently.

Twinreaper: When I say a "better understanding" by competitive players it's because they are the ones who usually are putting more time into the game. Their not modding, tearing anything apart, they're just becoming more aware of what's going on the more they play. That's not to say (and I didn't say) that casual gamers don't understand the game.

I didn't take offense to the MLG comment, so no need to explain yourself. I know it's not true, so I don't let it get to me. But simply by my response, I'm biased, well that I can take issue with slightly. With your response to me, I could say that you are biased as well. So let's get beyond that. The whole point of this is to try and understand where the other person is coming from. You like competitive play better, I like non-competitive play better. We can agree on that. So down to the list!

I'm glad to see that we both agree that you can learn the game while being competitive and non-competitive, because that is the truth. Yes, a competitive player may take extra time while not playing the game to watch videos, but that doesn't mean a non-competitive player doesn't or can't do the same. I for one watch videos when I have the opportunity, so I can better myself at the game.

You touched on my #3 in your response to #2. The fun aspect. If you don't find if fun, that's your opinion and you're entitled to that. What features from Halo 3 do you find enjoyable that they made you keep coming back, if I may ask?

As for #3, I know countless people that were CoD fanboys until MW3 came out. They saw the game trailers. They bought the game. They traded in the game, refusing to purchase another one because it was just a rehash of the previous games. Did everybody do that? Of course not, just like not everybody is going to give up on Halo. But it does happen, and will happen at some point, if the game isn't improved upon.

• Like 1

I have every faith in 343i, I just hope they listen to the Community and listen to what we want, like Bungie failed to do.

I also hope that we can play as Sangheili/Elite in Halo 4, whether it's Custom Games and Forge. There are over a thousand true Sangheili warriors out there, waiting for you to answer our call.

What features from Halo 3 do you find enjoyable that they made you keep coming back, if I may ask?

The BR, the ranking system, the maps, and RL buddies, would probably be the biggest reasons. At that time you didn't have to worry about AA's, it was just run and gun virtually uninterupted.

Those are my thoughts. I know you can argue the same things for Reach. But it's not for me.

Edit: Nevermind, you can't argue the BR and ranking system for Reach.

The BR, the ranking system, the maps, and RL buddies, would probably be the biggest reasons. At that time you didn't have to worry about AA's, it was just run and gun virtually uninterupted.

Those are my thoughts. I know you can argue the same things for Reach. But it's not for me.

I can appreciate those things as well. I was pretty upset that the BR wasn't in Reach, but I got used to the DMR. Now, if I had a choice, I don't know which I would rather go for. I like the accuracy of the DMR, but I like the versatility of the BR.

The ranking system in Reach is bad, no question about that. Play more to gain rank? No. But I've posted this in other threads to, that I don't think the Halo 2/3 way of only winning to rank up is a good answer, either. It needs to be more than strictly winning, but definitely not just by how much you play. You went positive on K/D in a game of slayer and your team wins? Great, here's some extra EXP. You went negative, but your team still won? Great, you get the Winning EXP, but nothing else. Same for objectives. Did you help secure the objective? Capture a flag? Ran with the oddball? Stood in the hill? Etc.

Maps were definitely better in previous Halo's, no doubt. The maps in Reach do get repetetive. Would have loved to seen more maps designed from scratch. I do like the addition of the Annivarsary maps, though.

As for buddies? Most of mine prefer Reach, though they've since moved on to BF3. For some reason I just can't get into that game. Dunno what it is. They even went out of their way to buy me a copy for by birthday, but for some reason it just doesn't do well with me.

I'm also wondering the same thing. I think the things 343 Industries is doing to Halo 4, are great ideas. And since their made up of people dedicated to Halo. I know their going to great job on Halo 4, and i want them to make it really interesting.

I totally agree, if 343i sucks why don't you haters try making a 2 year game. What if you were hated because of trying to make one of the best games in history. Saying all this is not gonna help anything so I think that this is awsome in what their making for us.

P.S. if you hate 343i why are you on the website dumb***es.

"And I personally think that if Bungie made this game those narrow minded people would praise Bungie into heaven but instead they just go bananas on 343i."

I'm not a veteran of the Halo community by any notion, the only game where I payed attention to the forums was Reach BUT judging by that, if your Bungie and you introduce Bloom or Armor Lock, regardless of the merits of these things, your going to piss of these arch-conservative (with regards to the gameplay) Competitive types. So people would in all likelihood be going Banana's if these changes were authored by Bungie.

The players dont care overmuch for Bungie...after all, Bungie started this push towards Modernization, customization, etc with Reach. 343 is merely continuing that. From my point of view, Reach's critical flaw was that it tried to keep Halo's classical gameplay intact while introducing COD/BF/modern elements. The thing is you cannot do that. You either make a classical Halo game (which is infeasible from a financial standpoint, it seems to me) or you try to radically alter it. You cannot have your cake and eat it too. 343 is taking risks and being Ballzy here, so its perfectly fair that people are concerned. That said, 343 might pull it off. I certainly hope they do.

I dont have "faith" in 343. There's no reason to think they have to get things right here. They have no proven track record working on independent projects. In fact, the "changes" they are making might very well be the result of Profit-minded Microsoft execs breathing down their necks, rather than the result of a carefull process to make a good game. Halo is becoming more COD-esque (this is not a statement of derision, just a statement of the fact), it is being changed, radically, and the classical Halo experience did indeed just go out the window.

ALL THAT SAID, Halo needs to change. It needs to be financially successfull. As easily as they could fail epically, they could succeed spectacularly. No doubt allot of talent and money is being invested in this thing. And the elements of classical Halo design which are being maintained ensure a unique product in the end.

• Like 1

"And I personally think that if Bungie made this game those narrow minded people would praise Bungie into heaven but instead they just go bananas on 343i."

I'm not a veteran of the Halo community by any notion, the only game where I payed attention to the forums was Reach BUT judging by that, if your Bungie and you introduce Bloom or Armor Lock, regardless of the merits of these things, your going to piss of these arch-conservative (with regards to the gameplay) Competitive types. So people would in all likelihood be going Banana's if these changes were authored by Bungie.

The players dont care overmuch for Bungie...after all, Bungie started this push towards Modernization, customization, etc with Reach. 343 is merely continuing that. From my point of view, Reach's critical flaw was that it tried to keep Halo's classical gameplay intact while introducing COD/BF/modern elements. The thing is you cannot do that. You either make a classical Halo game (which is infeasible from a financial standpoint, it seems to me) or you try to radically alter it. You cannot have your cake and eat it too. 343 is taking risks and being Ballzy here, so its perfectly fair that people are concerned. That said, 343 might pull it off. I certainly hope they do.

I dont have "faith" in 343. There's no reason to think they have to get things right here. They have no proven track record working on independent projects. In fact, the "changes" they are making might very well be the result of Profit-minded Microsoft execs breathing down their necks, rather than the result of a carefull process to make a good game. Halo is becoming more COD-esque (this is not a statement of derision, just a statement of the fact), it is being changed, radically, and the classical Halo experience did indeed just go out the window.

ALL THAT SAID, Halo needs to change. It needs to be financially successfull. As easily as they could fail epically, they could succeed spectacularly. No doubt allot of talent and money is being invested in this thing. And the elements of classical Halo design which are being maintained ensure a unique product in the end.

this
  • Like 1

Im tired of all this stupid hate going around. Don't like whats being done? Get over it or move on to another game. It's really frustrating everytime i get on this forum, i see about 10 hate threads with 1 poll mixed in. Who cares about skill? Who cares about mlg?

This is what i think about MLG players.

Play the game for fun, not to win. A lot less hate and stress that way.

Holy crap. Too many arguments. I haven't been on this tread for a while, then I come back and I STILL saw constantly, fzdw11, and twin, (not so much twin), still going at it. Guys, seriously. Just agree to disagree. Everyone leaves with their opinions. Everyone is happy.

Good arguments, I thought.

• Like 1

well they are fixing something that isn't broken. They took out armor lock and replaced it with forerunner vision.(yay more camping noobs) They also took spec ops and cod points from call of duty and put spartan in there. (Genius)

They took out Armour Lock because they would be met with serious backlash from the community if it was in Halo 4, not to mention that it was a completely unneeded ability. Players should not be allowed to delay their death with something like that in my opinion. I believe that they should use the map, their weapons, and movement to evade damage, not an ability that completely halts the current battle. I did not mind armour lock, but I would rather not see it return.

We don't know exactly how Forerunner Vision is going to work, so please try not to assume things. The "Spartan Ops" mode that they've described isn't going to be like Call of Duty's "Spec Ops" mode. Where as "Spec Ops" is simply a wave based survival game, "Spartan Ops" seems to be a more story driven and mission based game mode. "Spartan Points" will probably function the same way, at least similarly to how Credits did in Halo: Reach. Also, I do believe that Halo: Reach was released before Call of Duty: Black Ops, which was the Call of Duty game that introduced "COD Points" to Call of Duty. So because of that, they didn't really take them from Call of Duty. "Spartan Points" might just be an evolution of Credits from Halo: Reach.

As for the names "Spartan Ops" and "Spartan Points", those are placeholder names. They will not be what those things are called in the final game.

oh yeah and lets make things a little fair say if spartans got taken out how would you feel huh?.. it makes you feel empty sad and let down, Elites have to be a playable character in halo 4 because without them machinima would not work and why would you have a halo game with an energy sword and covenant weapons and no ELITE! its like taking predators out of aliens vs predator, they are going to lose all the halo players if they do this, we are not looking for another reach like slayer game, elites made halo a game to get away from all the games like cod battlefield or any normal game, its more than a game its halo so please 343 make the community proud to call it the best halo yet.. theres a covenant army that has 12 or so elite clans holding 1000 membres each and change their gamer tags to elite names like ripa vadumee, what spartan clans do any of you know that change their names to spartan names and service tags?! ,':\ i just wanna be an elite just like good old times..

oh yeah and lets make things a little fair say if spartans got taken out how would you feel huh?.. it makes you feel empty sad and let down, Elites have to be a playable character in halo 4 because without them machinima would not work and why would you have a halo game with an energy sword and covenant weapons and no ELITE! its like taking predators out of aliens vs predator, they are going to lose all the halo players if they do this, we are not looking for another reach like slayer game, elites made halo a game to get away from all the games like cod battlefield or any normal game, its more than a game its halo so please 343 make the community proud to call it the best halo yet.. theres a covenant army that has 12 or so elite clans holding 1000 membres each and change their gamer tags to elite names like ripa vadumee, what spartan clans do any of you know that change their names to spartan names and service tags?! ,':\ i just wanna be an elite just like good old times..

no need to post the exact same thing in to different threads.