Whats your opinion on 'Spartan Ops'

valyou3

According to the GI Article 'Spartan Ops' is structured like a TV Season, each week players gain access to a new CG Movie sequence that slowly unfolds the story, along with 5 objective based cooperative (2-4 Players) missions to play through. These missions will be new content offering unseen locations, events and challenges for that week. The missions will be replaced by the new ones every week, but the video will be archived to view any time.

This isn't paid DLC, its already on your Copy of Halo 4, its designed to stretch out across several months.

My Opinion: Well I didn't care much for Firefight but loved Invasion, I believe this is going to be amazing playing with friends/family. What I believe which is what will keep this going is people wondering what is going to happen next? I'm hoping later on they get a small team to be dedicated to 'Spartan Ops' to keep the CG movie sequence going throughout the games time.

• Like 2

I believe the name is fine, due to it being Spartans going on Operations and Ops is usually classified missions.

Yea but it's not as creative as 343 could've made it and it wouldn't make everyone who is mad at what they've seen compare it to Call of Duty's Spec Ops

I do not mind this at all, gives us more variety and enjoyment. Only thing i hate (off topic i know) is forerunner vision.

I believe the name is fine, due to it being Spartans going on Operations and Ops is usually classified missions.

Have you ever played, Blacklight: Tango down ? If not, you should see how bad this "forerunner vision might be" seriously. It will be over powered and unfair, and will be a big annoyance, not only to me but other players as i see it. Let's get back on topic though. Spartan ops, should be renamed differently, it does sound a bit call of duty, but as they said. "it will not be like any other title" i don't know if i believe that fully, but i trust them.

I just wish they had come up with a different name...Firefight was good in ODST but I dont particularly feel the need for it this time around.

If I were 343 I would just focus exclusively on Forge, Matchmaking and Campaign. Whatever add-ons they try to add are never going to justify the time spent making them in terms of people who consistently play them and/or are encouraged to buy the game beacuse of their inclusion.

This is a great concept and i see a lot of potential for this. With a great scripting system engine, the Ops variety could be near limitless and provide many months to years of enjoyment. It will definatly help kill the time between titles. My only concern is the time we have between the new console release date. it has been slated as 2013, which gives us a year or so before a new console. Do they plan on supporting Spartan OPS into the new console, or will they drop it slowly after it's release. Either way...this is looking more and more like a feature I will revolve my halo life around. Can't wait to see more!!

You raise a good point Viva. But since information or bits of engine code elude us modders at the moment, it is unclear how they changed engine wise, and if they were able to achieve any success with milder compiling components on the console via forge. Given their passion for Forge, according to their own word at halo Fest, it will be interesting to see how far they have taken it and if they have been able to optimise anything down to the point of it being workable outide the PC backend.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it will be great. Firefight was awesome, but Spartan Ops will most likely be more fun. New DLC per month :)

they said it wont be DLC, it will just appear in the spartan ops section of the game, on a weekly basis. like when new playlists are added to reach, you don't have to download them, they change automatically when you start the game up. so you won't need to worry about having enough money to buy the new spartan ops every week :)