Whats your opinion on 'Spartan Ops'

valyou3

I honestly can't wait. A secondary campaign mode that includes yourself or your friends for an ongoing saga of battles and missions.

But will they ever go off Requiem at somepoint? Only time will tell.

I seriously hope that they extend Spartan Ops to battles of the Human Covenant War. Or they extend to the Thursday War (book reference)

People are praising this more then it deserves.

Remember this formula for the duration of your lifetime

Offline > online

Which means 343 is completely ******* over the entire offline community with this. Its included in the game in purchase, which means offline players are paying for stuff they can't use. By making it 'Gold members only' is just unfair to the majority of the people who will buy this..

It should be DLC and not included on purchase.

So..

My opinion?

No good can become of this.

• Like 1

Im looking forward to Spartan Ops. Firefight gets boring after awhile. Spartan Ops will be fresh each week. Its kinda like playing a game thats a tv series. Although I do agree that the name could of been better. But maybe 343 has a plan. But I also agree with Doc. Will it be kinda like campaign?

It does ineded look pretty sweet, but I have a feeling that I wont buy another season of Spartan Ops after the first one I get with the LE. If there are achievements for every season...I will be pissed...because that would be Micro$oft fishing for more and more money. I would rather just have achievements for the first season to get everyone interested and call it good. Just have cheevos with the DLC map packs if thats how they want to do it...

@Charles Stoot: Spartan Ops is not free every week. It will be free for the first season (first 4 weeks). But after that you have to buy season passes on Xbox Marketplace. This was confirmed a while ago by both Frank O'Connor and BS Angel on Halo Waypoint.

I will most likely only do the first season to get the achievements. After that, I probably wont buy anymore. If they add achievements for every season I will be mad...that would be Micro$oft really stretching for extra money from the fans.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think that Spartan Ops looks exciting and fun to play with your friends, but apparently you have to pay for it after the first season. I find this disappointing, but what else could we expect from today's gaming industry? O hope the Spartan Ops story will be exciting as wel, and actually have a relevance to the main campaign.

I think that Spartan Ops will be a fun mode to play with friends or solo. I think that some missions will be different from other mission. Spartan Ops is like Fire Fight because you will be battling the Covenant and the Forerunners. Like Fire Fight you just do rounds. Spartan Ops is not like that. It's like a battle story game mode. That will be very fun to play Spartan Ops.

People are praising this more then it deserves.

Remember this formula for the duration of your lifetime

Offline > online

Which means 343 is completely ******* over the entire offline community with this. Its included in the game in purchase, which means offline players are paying for stuff they can't use. By making it 'Gold members only' is just unfair to the majority of the people who will buy this..

It should be DLC and not included on purchase.

So..

My opinion?

No good can become of this.

https://www.facebook.com/MakeSpartanOpsAvailableForAllPeopleWithoutXboxLive?ref=stream

This is a great concept and i see a lot of potential for this. With a great scripting system engine, the Ops variety could be near limitless and provide many months to years of enjoyment. It will definatly help kill the time between titles. My only concern is the time we have between the new console release date. it has been slated as 2013, which gives us a year or so before a new console. Do they plan on supporting Spartan OPS into the new console, or will they drop it slowly after it's release. Either way...this is looking more and more like a feature I will revolve my halo life around. Can't wait to see more!!

I have read your posts in the other conversation about that, and I know this is off topic.

But NOTHING has been "slated" for 2013. It's all speculation.