Tips To Avoid the RROD and RDOD

Yeah, this video features the "Overheat" trick, which repairs the soldering in the 360. That doesn't PREVENT the RRoD, and it doesn't always fix it either. As a matter of fact, that can actually CAUSE the RRoD. I should also point out that the towels in those videos are dry.

I dont think there are RROD issues with the newer consoles but nice and informative thread

oh and a bottle of compressed air works for cleaning unreachable places

In the newer consoles it's actually the "Red Dot of Death" or RDoD. They can be avoided in pretty much the same ways. And thank you :D

Does setting the Xbox on a shoebox work? Cuz that's my current situation.

It's cardboard, which in and of itself has decent airflow through it. You should be fine :) Although, try to find a wood surface sooner rather than later. The dust from the cardboard could clog your vents.

It's cardboard, which in and of itself has decent airflow through it. You should be fine :) Although, try to find a wood surface sooner rather than later. The dust from the cardboard could clog your vents.

I'll try wood, but it has one of those polishy finishes on it. And its a quite sturdy, large box. So I should be fine for a while.

I'll try wood, but it has one of those polishy finishes on it. And its a quite sturdy, large box. So I should be fine for a while.

A decent finish is a good thing to put your xbox on. It will help with the dust, but a downside is it heats up a little quicker. No worries though, just don't leave your xbox on for a super long time :D

Ok. Thanks!! :) Great info, D!

Oh, and an update for you (didn't think of it before) is to try putting your X-Box on coasters on the wood finish. You need one coaster for each corner (to prevent it wiggling and throwing the disk). You can pretty much use anything as a coaster. I've done the same for my laptop but with Monster cans xD

Oh, and an update for you (didn't think of it before) is to try putting your X-Box on coasters on the wood finish. You need one coaster for each corner (to prevent it wiggling and throwing the disk). You can pretty much use anything as a coaster. I've done the same for my laptop but with Monster cans xD

That's smart. What about glass coasters? We don't have any wood ones.

My first Xbox 360 got the RROD five times. Every time it happened, I would just push the power button twice and keep on playing. I wonder why this doesn't work for other people. Lol. Now I have a 250GB Xbox 360 S.

My first Xbox 360 got the RROD five times. Every time it happened, I would just push the power button twice and keep on playing. I wonder why this doesn't work for other people. Lol. Now I have a 250GB Xbox 360 S.

There are tons of ways that people have gotten their x-box to stop red ringing, but those are after it started, which isn't the point of this thread. This thread is to teach you how to not let it happen. :D