Halo the Movie

Katthejedi

The movie version of Halo has almost happened before -- Peter Jackson and Neill Blomkamp could tell you all about that -- but so far said project just hasn't panned out. Still, Frank O'Connor, the Master Chief of the Halo world, says the film will happen. Eventually.

O'Connor addressed the issue at the MI6 Conference in San Francisco last week during a session called "Extending Your Game Beyond the Package."

"We're going to make a movie when the time is right," he said. "We own the IP. If we want to make a movie, the scale of all the other stuff that we do changes dramatically. We make tens and tens of millions of dollars on ancillary stuff, toys, apparel, music and publishing. If we do a movie all of that will grow exponentially. We have some numbers if we do a movie, but it changes everything. It also changes our target and age demographic."

So there you have it. Not only is O'Connor certain that a Halomovie is going to happen at some point, but it makes absolute financial sense to do one too. What, you think Microsoft is in this for the fun of it?

The movie version of Halo has almost happened before -- Peter Jackson and Neill Blomkamp could tell you all about that -- but so far said project just hasn't panned out. Still, Frank O'Connor, the Master Chief of the Halo world, says the film will happen. Eventually.

O'Connor addressed the issue at the MI6 Conference in San Francisco last week during a session called "Extending Your Game Beyond the Package."

"We're going to make a movie when the time is right," he said. "We own the IP. If we want to make a movie, the scale of all the other stuff that we do changes dramatically. We make tens and tens of millions of dollars on ancillary stuff, toys, apparel, music and publishing. If we do a movie all of that will grow exponentially. We have some numbers if we do a movie, but it changes everything. It also changes our target and age demographic."

So there you have it. Not only is O'Connor certain that a Halomovie is going to happen at some point, but it makes absolute financial sense to do one too. What, you think Microsoft is in this for the fun of it?

Haha! Ok! Ya, I heard that the movie district 9 was made instead of Halo, but the part about them making a movie satisfys my wondering :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hahaha, it's true that they were hoping to film a Halo movie. Not sure if Wiki is the most reliable source though.. man, I sound like my lecturers :sweat:

Anyway, there was a 7 min short directed by Neill Blomkamp, that came out a bit before Halo 3 that you can find on YouTube.

Hahaha, it's true that they were hoping to film a Halo movie. Not sure if Wiki is the most reliable source though.. man, I sound like my lecturers :sweat:

Anyway, there was a 7 min short directed by Neill Blomkamp, that came out a bit before Halo 3 that you can find on YouTube.

i believe u r refering to the live action halo 3 commercial yes? where the brute gets diced into lil slices of brute meat by a rocket launcher?