Halo 4 News: Campaign and Multiplayer details

FIREN4

Notice: Before watching the video fellow members, the credit to this video should mostly go to Donut. He showed me the video, after all. So did the member ZB-85. However I was entrusted to make a thread informing the community. To make it up to these two members, when they post in this thread, just give them all likes regardless if you liked it ^_^! Still, that doesn't mean don't give me likes either :angry:!!!! lol. So this was just a notice, moving on...

Video:

Halo 4 News:

• GameInformer leaks turn out to be true
  • Scans/images of Campaign
  • Grunts and Elites revealed
  • First Dialogue on what happens during the first mission

Confirmed:

Weapons featured in Halo 4

• AR, DMR, BR
  • ASSAULT CARBINE
  • COVENANT CARBINE
  • SHOTGUN
  • ROCKET LAUNCHER
  • SNIPER
  • MAGNUM & PLASMA PISTOL

Weapon Camping No Longer!

• Weapons will spawn by landing randomly throughout the map, along with drop pods

Respawn in...0 seconds!

• After dieing, tap "X" twice to respawn, back in the game

No more excuses!

• Players can now join in-progress games!

Gamemode Details!

• Distraction and Revenge medals will be fetaured
  • "Regicide" = New Gamemode
  • "Regicide" - Every player that the king kills raises his bounty; other players have to kill the king to claim the reward.
  • Spartan Ops will span several months, to keep players returning to Halo 4

Armor Abilities:

Details

• Hologram, Jet-pack, and Active-Camo will be making a return?
  • Sprint will return, but will be a spawn-with ability
  • New Armor Ability called Forerunner Vision = X-ray

​Multiplayer:

Details.

• Multi-player ties directly to campaign
  • Reds & Blues are training
  • You will progress through levels, gameplay can be changed by upgrading your character
  • You'll earn spartan points, which can be used to buy loadouts.
  • You'll eventually earn weapons, armor abilities, and modifications.

​Campaign:

1. Chief wakes up
  2. Cortana and Chief's relationship reunites
  3. Cortana notices someone is boarding the ship
  4. Turns out it's Covenant attacking them
  5. You kill them in-game
  6. You look outside to see a whole fleet of covenant ships

• 343 also states, the game is really about the return of the Chief

Technology:

What powers it. New Tech

• Halo 4 runs on a redesigned version of the tech that powered Halo: Reach
  • Lighting and shading technology has made tremendous progress
  • Halo 4 pushes the Xbox to its limits

• Like 4

I didn't see ANYTHING that I disliked. All that info is amazing. I can't wait for Halo 4. Thanks Donut and ZB!

I didn't see ANYTHING that I disliked. All that info is amazing. I can't wait for Halo 4. Thanks Donut and ZB and FIREN!

Edited ^_^

• Like 1

I can't have this. Instant respawn?! No just NO NO NO! Instant respawn = I can respawn instantly in a small map 1v1 and find the guy who killed me and kill him easily. Random spawns for power weapons?! EVEN more NO and NO and NO NO NOOOOOOO. That just ruins the competitive play. X-ray vision? Maybe maybe. Spartan OPS? Don't mind that. I can already see this game losing players. I know 343 is trying to make the game play faster but that's just way to far. At least make MLG and or a separate playlist with a normal 3 second respawn.

• Like 2

"We can't talk about the story in detail, because it is GI's exclusive," O'Connor wrote in a NeoGAF thread concerning the Halo 4 multiplayer information that leaked out. "I will say that some of the things that 'invested, emotional' players are 'raising eyebrows slightly at' are being very misinterpreted ('random' weapon spawns for example) but we will be able to clarify some of those things in due time."

"Some of the other features, abilities, are also being discussed with no context (not your guys' fault, obviously) and frankly, a video of TS would probably allay many of the especially hysterical reactions, but we're not there yet."

"We haven't seen a single reaction we didn't expect (apart from the Dax love story) and we will clarify a lot of this stuff 100% in the coming weeks and months. SOME of the things in here won't be properly understood outside of a holistic experience (modes, progress, fictional setting, etc) but I am going to say one thing and leave it at that:

"It feels like Halo, it does NOT feel or act like the other game(s) it's being compared to," O'Connor asserted. "Again, without playing it, you can't be blamed for jumping to certain conclusions."

Damn, it has been confirmed. Oh well. Looks like Halo 4 will be a failure in my opinion anyway.

"We can't talk about the story in detail, because it is GI's exclusive," O'Connor wrote in a NeoGAF thread concerning the Halo 4 multiplayer information that leaked out. "I will say that some of the things that 'invested, emotional' players are 'raising eyebrows slightly at' are being very misinterpreted ('random' weapon spawns for example) but we will be able to clarify some of those things in due time."

"Some of the other features, abilities, are also being discussed with no context (not your guys' fault, obviously) and frankly, a video of TS would probably allay many of the especially hysterical reactions, but we're not there yet."

"We haven't seen a single reaction we didn't expect (apart from the Dax love story) and we will clarify a lot of this stuff 100% in the coming weeks and months. SOME of the things in here won't be properly understood outside of a holistic experience (modes, progress, fictional setting, etc) but I am going to say one thing and leave it at that:

"It feels like Halo, it does NOT feel or act like the other game(s) it's being compared to," O'Connor asserted. "Again, without playing it, you can't be blamed for jumping to certain conclusions."

Damn, it has been confirmed. Oh well. Looks like Halo 4 will be a failure in my opinion anyway.

Please read the bold and underlined part.

I have faith in 343 i think the misinterpreted stuff will turn out to be aromor abilitys andthe random power weapon spawns maybe there is just one gametype where the weapons spawn in random locations and its like a king of the hill? idk but i hope they come out and explain this stuff because this has really shook up alot of faith in 343 from alot of fans and just alot of different reactions :no :w00t: :realmad: :unworthy: :wallbash: :thumbup: :thumbdown: :clap: :bad: :shok:

Keep in mind, the video says the 'Article is real' but the information is leaked, meaning some or most of the information can just be rumored or plain fake. 343i has not conformed most of the information, as in the video the confirmed list, but the details of it can plainly be rumored/fake.

There seems to be a lot of hate for the random weapon spawns within the youtube comments. Can someone tell me why? As I honestly cannot think of it as having a huge negative impact on gameplay. It creates a fairer game in my opinion especially to those that are new to the game. It will also give an oddball approach to normal slayer. With all players going for the power weapon.