Shielding System: What do you want?

Blakbox21

What shielding system do you want in Halo 4?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What shielding system do you want in Halo 4?

• With Health (Like CE and Reach)
    • Without Health (Like Halo 2, 3, etc.)

I dnt knw y that ur asking this when they basically confirmed the halo 2/3 shields

they have not confimed it yet, and I know they showed the halo 4 first look trailer with a shielding system similar to 3's, but 343 listens and changes things to make the community happy

Don't we already have a thread on this? Like I said in the other thread, Halo Reach happens before CE. Reach had a visible health bar because CE did. Halo 2 upgraded Chief's armor. He still had health, just not visible, and there was no need to run for a medpack. Halo 3 kept with this, and so will Halo 4. Chances are they won't go back to Reach, even though I personally like it better.

• Like 2

I personally thought it was a great idea for the health system to come back in halo reach. That completely changes the dynamic of the game when you have to go for health packs it gives the player that moment of vulnerability while they're trying to find health packs. I really hope, but dought that it will, to see it say for halo 4.

I think they should go with H2/3 style. Members here argue that Reach gives you more survivability but I would have to disagree. In reach, if you have been damaged in a fight that your now at 1-shot (and survive the fight), if you dont find a health pack you will always be 1 body shot away from death after your shields are down. In H2/3, if you take the same amount of damage that you are now a 1 body shot kill and survive (Note H2/3 still has health, its just hidden), your health regenerates with your shields and no longer a 1 body shot kill after re-losing your shields. So really, the most survivable system is the H2/3 way because you never need to find a health pack.

However, I would like to see my health bar, so that I can tell how close I am from dying from AR or BR body shots. Just keep it in recharging form.

I think they should go with H2/3 style. Members here argue that Reach gives you more survivability but I would have to disagree. In reach, if you have been damaged in a fight that your now at 1-shot (and survive the fight), if you dont find a health pack you will always be 1 body shot away from death after your shields are down. In H2/3, if you take the same amount of damage that you are now a 1 body shot kill and survive (Note H2/3 still has health, its just hidden), your health regenerates with your shields and no longer a 1 body shot kill after re-losing your shields. So really, the most survivable system is the H2/3 way because you never need to find a health pack.

However, I would like to see my health bar, so that I can tell how close I am from dying from AR or BR body shots. Just keep it in recharging form.

Hmmm, I had always heard that the hidden health in the previous Halo's remained damaged after shield recharge.

If I were Halo, I would stick with health and shields being rechargeable, like in H2, H3...not that it matters much either way. I was never bothered by having to look for health packs in Reach.