DMR confirmed in Halo 4

RoosterTeethFan

This page is on the topic of what do people think on the DMR being in the game i should have been more clear in the title sorry. I think as long as its balanced right it should not be a problem.

Thats ok, i got th wrong message, but theyre there anyways,

I kinda like the DMR returning, gives the humans more toys to play around with, because they never have enough guns compared to the other factor, that be covey or this new enemy.

Hey, Azaxx already pointed out my thread about the Sparkcast.

But hey, onto my opinion.

The DMR, I think, is a great weapon. It is much like the BR, however what is great in Halo 4 is that players will have the option to choose between the DMR and the BR. I have a feeling that with it's new look the BR may be more suited to close/medium engagements, and the DMR more medium/long range engagements. But 343i have made the right choice here. People will always prefer one weapon or the over, which shows they are catering to multiple audiences.

And welcome to the forums :D

I'm not sure trying to please everyone is the right choice.

The DMR is effective at medium to long range, The Assault rifle (and other weapons) are effective at close range, the DMR seems more powerful than the BR so where would the BR fit into the game?

The only way I can see it working is if either you have game-types that only feature either the BR or DMR or...

The BR is able to kill an opponent quicker than the DMR at medium range, but the DMR is more accurate at long range. Although the problem with the DMR's super long range is that people use it as a sniper and pick player's off across the map, which IMO should only be possible with a sniper rifle.

I'm not sure trying to please everyone is the right choice.

The DMR is effective at medium to long range, The Assault rifle (and other weapons) are effective at close range, the DMR seems more powerful than the BR so where would the BR fit into the game?

The only way I can see it working is if either you have game-types that only feature either the BR or DMR or...

The BR is able to kill an opponent quicker than the DMR at medium range, but the DMR is more accurate at long range. Although the problem with the DMR's super long range is that people use it as a sniper and pick player's off across the map, which IMO should only be possible with a sniper rifle.

You took the words straight outta my mouth :)

Agreed with this all............... just have to wait and see I guess

I think there's a place for both the DMR and the BR, but they need to be balanced well with one another in order to have the cohesion required in the game. For example, like My BR iZ RusTyy said, if people are only going to use the DMR to pick people off at long ranges, then why include it at all? The sniper is by far better than the DMR, fewer shots required, etc.

Now if they have seperate playlists, where you play with the BR in one and the DMR in another, that would make it work. You can't have both on the same map.

In another thread, I commented on the fact that, what if they're just adjusting the BR to act as both the BR and the DMR? A quick toggle of "up" on the D-Pad, and you switch between a single shot DMR style that is accurate at longer ranges, and a 3-shot burts which is more accurate at mid range.

Hey, Azaxx already pointed out my thread about the Sparkcast.

But hey, onto my opinion.

The DMR, I think, is a great weapon. It is much like the BR, however what is great in Halo 4 is that players will have the option to choose between the DMR and the BR. I have a feeling that with it's new look the BR may be more suited to close/medium engagements, and the DMR more medium/long range engagements. But 343i have made the right choice here. People will always prefer one weapon or the over, which shows they are catering to multiple audiences.

And welcome to the forums :D

Couldnt have said it better myself

Before we start the accussing, lets remember the DMR has evolved over the years, so its probably not going to be the same as in Halo Reach. Just gotta say it.

I think this is great. I dont use the BR for long distances, I use a DMR for that.

Before we start the accussing, lets remember the DMR has evolved over the years, so its probably not going to be the same as in Halo Reach. Just gotta say it.

I think this is great. I dont use the BR for long distances, I use a DMR for that.

Didn't the DMR evolve into the BR? If so, then it makes no sense to have both in the same game. But regardless, I like the DMR and the BR, so I'm not complaining.

Yeah agreed, 343 would have to explain why the DMR returns in H4 when it wasn't present in CE,H2 or H3.... As it stands at the moment the BR is an evolution of the DMR.

They simply cannot just out right ignore the chronological order just to please everyone, well they could it would just annoy people that care about the story line.

Maybe in the H4 campaign MC finds the DMR in some kind of crashed space station or frigate ? bit of a coincidence though right.

Yeah agreed, 343 would have to explain why the DMR returns in H4 when it wasn't present in CE,H2 or H3.... As it stands at the moment the BR is an evolution of the DMR.

They simply cannot just out right ignore the chronological order just to please everyone, well they could it would just annoy people that care about the story line.

Maybe in the H4 campaign MC finds the DMR in some kind of crashed space station or frigate ? bit of a coincidence though right.

That's why I still like my theory of the BR also being the DMR, a switch between single shot and three-round bursts. It's the only way around the whole evolution of the DMR into the BR that I can see.

That's why I still like my theory of the BR also being the DMR, a switch between single shot and three-round bursts. It's the only way around the whole evolution of the DMR into the BR that I can see.

Yup, I think 343 could get away with that, and it seems like a sensible solution to the issue regarding balance in the game

There was talk about custom loudouts in another thread, if that happens and the player can choose between the BR and DMR (and maybe some other weapons) then people would just choose the DMR if its the most dominant weapon, leaving the people that prefer to use the BR at a disadvantage... anyway your theory would solve that aswell.

• Like 1

There was talk about custom loudouts in another thread, if that happens and the player can choose between the BR and DMR (and maybe some other weapons) then people would just choose the DMR if its the most dominant weapon, leaving the people that prefer to use the BR at a disadvantage... anyway your theory would solve that aswell.

Yeah, custom loadouts have been a big discussion recently. I'm still waiting on hearing more about that, but like you said, if the DMR is the most dominant, why would anyone choose something different, knowing that it's less powerful? They'd have to balance it out more against the power of the BR, which I assume 343 will do. I still want to know what they are thinking with the custom loadouts, though. Need more information before we can decide if it's good or bad.