The Old Ranking System

TristanX11

As much as the community resented the old Halo 2 and 3 ranking system, to me, it was a good reason to continue ranking up in matchmaking. Which, plus these other points, are the reasons I believe it should return.

• THERE WOULD BE A POINT TO WINNING. With Reach's system it honestly doesn't mater if you win or lose, nor will you be penalized for leaving. When you play matchmaking in Reach, no one cares! Which is okay for social matches, but for ranked there should at least be some competitive tension. I'm tired of playing in matches where half the people don't play.

• Besides boosters the number system made a matchmaking that was balanced with opponents.

• It wouldn't take weeks to level up once, to gain the customizable parts of the player characters would not take time but rather honing skills.

• Minor changes could make the simple system flawless. Additions like removing the (I think its called) heat system, or at least dumbing it down would remove the entire argument that it's too hard to rank up. However a heat deranking system I think would work. So for example if you won ten games in a row and lost one you wouldn't drop in rank. But if you play two games and lose both your chance is increased to derank.

Now I know a lot of you are against its return. So share thoughts here.