Ok, so ever since the First Look Trailer, I have been seeing many threads complaining about how Halo 4 will be copying COD.

First off, Halo 4 will be like Halo 4. That's why its called Halo in the first place. 343i knows what they're doing and will make whatever decision is for the best. Beside's, half of their team is made up of Ex-Bungie Employees, and even fans.

Also, the perks you've heard about, aren't even called perks. Frank O' Connor said that those were just the names reporter's gave it. And yes, armor will affect gameplay, but not the way most of you are thinking. It will most likely be small things like "2% more jump height" and stuff.

Lastly, as you all know, Halo 4 will be introducing custom classes/loudouts. No this will not be like COD. 343i even when out of their way, to state that players wouldn't be able to choose power weapons as their starting weapon. But instead, they will most likely be able to choose simple weapons like the Battle Rifle, DMR, Assault Rifle, or magnum as their starting weapon. This has actually long been a fan request since Halo 2.

So yeah, stop complaining guys. Halo 4 is in good hands. 343i is taking it into a new direction, and change is good. We need to all stop looking a the past games and move forward.

Thanks for reading,

TheL337destroyer

• Like 9

Ok, so ever since the First Look Trailer, I have been seeing many threads complaining about how Halo 4 will be copying COD.

First off, Halo 4 will be like Halo 4. That's why its called Halo in the first place. 343i knows what they're doing and will make whatever decision is for the best. Beside's, half of their team is made up of Ex-Bungie Employees, and even fans.

Also, the perks you've heard about, aren't even called perks. Frank O' Connor said that those were just the names reporter's gave it. And yes, armor will affect gameplay, but not the way most of you are thinking. It will most likely be small things like "2% more jump height" and stuff.

Lastly, as you all know, Halo 4 will be introducing custom classes/loudouts. No this will not be like COD. 343i even when out of their way, to state that players wouldn't be able to choose power weapons as their starting weapon. But instead, they will most likely be able to choose simple weapons like the Battle Rifle, DMR, Assault Rifle, or magnum as their starting weapon. This has actually long been a fan request since Halo 2.

So yeah, stop complaining guys. Halo 4 is in good hands. 343i is taking it into a new direction, and change is good. We need to all stop looking a the past games and move forward.

Thanks for reading,

TheL337destroyer

I COMPLETLY agree with you. I'm sick of people complaining!

Wow, thanks for the information. I'm actually looking forward to the customization option, i'm just afraid that if you are allowed to choose your primary (AR, BR, or DMR). However game modes like Team BR's or Team DMR's can now be eliminated and Team Slayer will be the only option with everybody using what they want. Anyways, thanks for the helpful information.

-MaGIIXz

Wow, thanks for the information. I'm actually looking forward to the customization option, i'm just afraid that if you are allowed to choose your primary (AR, BR, or DMR). However game modes like Team BR's or Team DMR's can now be eliminated and Team Slayer will be the only option with everybody using what they want. Anyways, thanks for the helpful information.

-MaGIIXz

Yeah! Really good information! :D

I completely agree with you there. But, good luck getting that msg through to half the people on this here website (Or around half of the Halo fans in general), the world is full of narrow-minded people... it's something we have to just deal with. I understand that there are likes/dislikes but it's the way people portray their thoughts that really pushes it to the point of idiocy.

• Like 2

i dont know why people are assuming it will be like CoD, i think 343 Industries are smart enough not to stray to far off the Halo 'theme' and go to other game styles like BattleField or CoD or any other game to that.

• Like 1

Agreed with Azaxx, 343 should be smart enough to not stray too far from the path of Halo.

As for the custom loadouts? I like the concept, I do. My only problem with it, though, is how will it affect balance? If I have the choice between AR/BR/DRM, and everybody has that choice, the weapons better be well balanced with each other, so that no specific person has an advantage because of the choice. That's the problem with loadouts in BF3, and why they shouldn't go that route.

Agreed with Azaxx, 343 should be smart enough to not stray too far from the path of Halo.

As for the custom loadouts? I like the concept, I do. My only problem with it, though, is how will it affect balance? If I have the choice between AR/BR/DRM, and everybody has that choice, the weapons better be well balanced with each other, so that no specific person has an advantage because of the choice. That's the problem with loadouts in BF3, and why they shouldn't go that route.

It's not going to ruin the balance these three weapons are the same basically when it comes to power. The AR is good inn close and is weaker from medium to long distance. The BR is mostly a weapon you might wanna use for Medium since it shoots in a set of 3 bullets and if you are facing someone close it might make it difficult. the DRM is probably gonna be mainly Medium and Long distance. But, even if it does make a difference it won't be too big and plus. Isn't that the point when you can choose between weapons?

-MaGIIXz

Those game modes don't need to be taken away. They could just have it that you can't choose your weapons i mean Halo: Reach does have a mode called Classic and you can't have Armor Abilities and you can't choose a load out.

It's not going to ruin the balance these three weapons are the same basically when it comes to power. The AR is good inn close and is weaker from medium to long distance. The BR is mostly a weapon you might wanna use for Medium since it shoots in a set of 3 bullets and if you are facing someone close it might make it difficult. the DRM is probably gonna be mainly Medium and Long distance. But, even if it does make a difference it won't be too big and plus. Isn't that the point when you can choose between weapons?

Starting with your second sentence is exactly the point, though. On a mid-long range map (such as, say, Blood Gultch or the equivilant), anybody who chooses the AR is at a disadvantage. Yes, they made that disadvantage themselves, but they're still there. The point that's constantly made about Halo is that it has always been a balanced game, where every player starts with the same weapons and nobody has an advantage because of weapon choice at the beginning of a game. Do we want to ruin that?

Those game modes don't need to be taken away. They could just have it that you can't choose your weapons i mean Halo: Reach does have a mode called Classic and you can't have Armor Abilities and you can't choose a load out.

If you have the choice at the beginning of the game to choose between an AR/BR/DMR, then what's the purpose of having specific slayer game types such as Slayer DMR's or Slayer BR's? I think that's the point he was making. The game type servers no purpose, because now, instead of allowing the custom loadouts like it's been claimed, you're back to giving specific things.

Now, games like Team Swat and Team Snipers, I can understand keeping the way they are. But for regular team slayer games? If you're going to have custom loadouts in such a fashion, then there really is no purpose for specific slayer game types.

They betray us. We are are just scum to Bungie and 343 industrial . Betray us with Reach. Betray us again this time with 4. Messed up world

Congratulations... you're stupid. I'm not going to bother having a pointless argument with you, but just look over on what you just said and you'll see how stupid that comment was.

• Like 2

Thank you! they have stated its not going to be like cod so its not going to be like cod they wouldnt say that if they didnt mean it!!!!! :crazy: and i really hope you can chose between the AR the BR and the DMR none are power weapons and people prefer one over the other so why not let them choose the one they like and it wont be a balance problem please people in halo 3 and reach you could walk 3 feet and pick up a BR or DMR in any direction so why make people have to waste time walking 2 feet to pick up a weapon when they could have picked it before spawning.

Its pretty unreasonable for people to say "Oh its going to suck!" AND its pretty unreasonable for people to say "Oh theres no way its going to be like CoD".

Well duh, its not going to be completely like CoD but only an idiot would say these things are not CoD or Battle-field esque. We have to bite the bullet and accept the fact that for better or for worse Halo is being modernized in totality and that means its more like its contemporaries.

The bottom line is this; Its perfectly fair to say H4 can be good or it can be bad...with all of these features, they could go either way. If badly implemented and imbalanced (and I think there is a high risk for that considering the quantity of major changes) Halo 4 could easily disappoint.

Halo and its community (us) is being brought into 2012 kicking and screaming...rather that is a good or a bad thing remains to be seen. But, lets be fair here, Halo is becoming more CoD/BF3 esque and that carries allot of risks.

That said, on one hand, I am much more nervous now then I was before the leak, on the other hand, 343's got balls and there is a decent chance that they will pull this off and reinvent and reinvigorate the franchise.

So...we shall wait and see. I'm no longer cautiously optimistic but hopefully apprehensive.

• Like 1

i like how your saying all of that, it really gives me more hope that trolls online take away from me... 7hnx for that reassuring info. Also, the AR better be more like Combat Evolved's AR because the one in halo 3 kinda sucked and reach's AR only sounded awesome but against most weapons (other than itself) it wasn't powerful enough. And the DMR could probably get a little bit weaker because on long range maps you can be picked off in seconds by someone wielding one.

It will most likely be small things like "2% more jump height" and stuff.

UGH THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SAYING THIS.

Not saying that I believe what you proposed is the absolute truth, but I definitely think that it's the best choice.

I'd like to see this implemented, and it'd definitely win me over.

For some reason, this has been in the back of my head, and you saying it outright has turned a key in my brain.

I really, really hope it's subtle changes like this that define the meaning of 'Armor Abilities' in Halo 4.

Nothing more.