i think one of the big problems for halo was back when h2 was out the good players that loved the game never got on message boards... cuz they were to busy playing an amazing game y would they lol...but that leads to the bks who had nothing better to do then got on forums and complain change this change that then we were left with h3 not bad compared to reach but horrid compared to h2 the only reason there are armor abilitys in halo are bks they needed a way not to die so fast i understand but messes with gameplay i say let take it back to when this game was actually popular and if any body wishes to argue plz feel free to get on halo reach/h3 now reach populations never over 150.000 h3 population of around 40.000 h2 population in the millions and plz say it had no competition COD 4 was out one of the best in the installment according to cod players that is h2 still broke over a mill gears was out still broke a mill i think 343 should pay attention to that when making halo 4 cuz if its like cod in anyway or reach in anyway this game is sooo done 90% of my friends who ordered this game say if there is anything that resembles a armor ability or perk there trading it in for something else and i am with them on that as well so reach lovers feel free to troll but in the long run u will see im right if these game comes out and in the first year has a smaller population then reach

H2 FTW bring it back not reachized either and we will see halo on tv once again no other halo was so popular to make it on tv im just saying and dont say VOD that dont count lol i mean TBS

i think one of the big problems for halo was back when h2 was out the good players that loved the game never got on message boards... cuz they were to busy playing an amazing game y would they lol...but that leads to the bks who had nothing better to do then got on forums and complain change this change that then we were left with h3 not bad compared to reach but horrid compared to h2 the only reason there are armor abilitys in halo are bks they needed a way not to die so fast i understand but messes with gameplay i say let take it back to when this game was actually popular and if any body wishes to argue plz feel free to get on halo reach/h3 now reach populations never over 150.000 h3 population of around 40.000 h2 population in the millions and plz say it had no competition COD 4 was out one of the best in the installment according to cod players that is h2 still broke over a mill gears was out still broke a mill i think 343 should pay attention to that when making halo 4 cuz if its like cod in anyway or reach in anyway this game is sooo done 90% of my friends who ordered this game say if there is anything that resembles a armor ability or perk there trading it in for something else and i am with them on that as well so reach lovers feel free to troll but in the long run u will see im right if these game comes out and in the first year has a smaller population then reach

H2 FTW bring it back not reachized either and we will see halo on tv once again no other halo was so popular to make it on tv im just saying and dont say VOD that dont count lol i mean TBS

With Reach, Bungie tried to take H3's equipment and PowerUps (which, when acquired, give you an advantage over your opponents) and adapt them so that everyone could have one at the same time but still be in some sense symmetrical (as in, I have Sprint you have Camo but in Theory we are equal). The problem was in the fact that they were trying to turn something inherently asymetric into symmetric game play and the disconnect resulted in half-ass, pseudo CoD classes which neither had the customizing fun of a CoD/BF game nor Halo's classic symmetric game play.

So you gotta remember, whatever 343 is doing, it seems like they are going much farther than Reach ever did. Yes, Halo is being made more CoD esque and BF esque. But please please please PLEASE remember we don't know if that is a good or bad thing yet. You cannot judge any effort to modernize Halo simply because past ones have failed. Im no Reach lover, and I think 343 is taking risks. Safe to say, whatever Halo 4 is, its not going to be a chance for us to indulge in some nostalgia for the Halos that were. For better or for worse, thats the past. We are just going to have to wait and see...maybe 343 is going to fail, maybe they will reinvent Halo.

• 3 weeks later...

Of course its not going to be like Call of Duty, its going to be like Halo but a lot more evolved. Custom classes is a good idea judging by the fact you cannot edit the gun itself you can only select your primary weapon, grenade, armor ability, and perk. Plus the campaign is going to be amazing. Also Halo is never repetitive... so its going to be fun for a few years instead of a few months.

plus spartan ops: oh halo is just copying cod with spartans ops! all they did was replace special with spartan! guess what? cod doesnt own the word ops! ops is short for operations, which are REAL things! special operations, or spartan operations. either way, both games are using a real thing and implementing them into their game. the only difference, is that 343 is letting you do these operations as your own spartan, and multiplayer is training you for the operations. so anybody who says that spartans ops is just cod's spec ops with the word spartan instead of special, just ignore them. let them troll and believe whatever they want, while we wait for an awesome game to come out.

Ok, so ever since the First Look Trailer, I have been seeing many threads complaining about how Halo 4 will be copying COD.

First off, Halo 4 will be like Halo 4. That's why its called Halo in the first place. 343i knows what they're doing and will make whatever decision is for the best. Beside's, half of their team is made up of Ex-Bungie Employees, and even fans.

Also, the perks you've heard about, aren't even called perks. Frank O' Connor said that those were just the names reporter's gave it. And yes, armor will affect gameplay, but not the way most of you are thinking. It will most likely be small things like "2% more jump height" and stuff.

Lastly, as you all know, Halo 4 will be introducing custom classes/loudouts. No this will not be like COD. 343i even when out of their way, to state that players wouldn't be able to choose power weapons as their starting weapon. But instead, they will most likely be able to choose simple weapons like the Battle Rifle, DMR, Assault Rifle, or magnum as their starting weapon. This has actually long been a fan request since Halo 2.

So yeah, stop complaining guys. Halo 4 is in good hands. 343i is taking it into a new direction, and change is good. We need to all stop looking a the past games and move forward.

Thanks for reading,

TheL337destroyer

yep Halo 4 is going to be so cool but it will not be like Cod

I hate it when everybody says that, just because of a few minor changes that are remotely similar to cod, that they instantly say and assume that is going to be exactly the same. Not so. We get information on things such as custom loadouts, and people automaticallly start thinking only of the negatives and start saying why they would be a terrible idea, and why it is supposedly too much like cod, when really, not only cod has custom loadouts, but first person shooters everywhere. Singleing out one game in particular, seems not very fair, does it?

The problem is that people just won't accept changes. They want the same old gameplay all the way back from CE. But I will say, without change, even the most diehard of halo players will get bored of the same gameplay for ten straight years. I know I would. This is why cod failed miserably a long time ago; they brought nearly the EXACT same thing to every game that they have made. So... People say that they don't want halo becoming cod due to these changes. Well, consider this. Halo is halo, because of its diversity and how unique it is. This is all due to changes and tweaks in multiplayer gameplay. Without these changes, halo will be the same thing every time, and will go down to the bottom of the barrel with cod. So, if anything is going to make halo cod, its LACK of change. We do not want that. We need to keep halo a unique, unsurpassed series, which brings endless entertainment to hundreds of thousands. Millions. Lets keep it that way, and stop complaining about the changes, learn to adapt to them like the rest of us.

-Bullet

Halo is becoming more like COD, that is the simple truth. But it is not going to be a carbon copy.

Ya. It won't get a lot like it. Just take customization traits. And we unlike cod actually take time to improve our graphics

Ya. It won't get a lot like it. Just take customization traits. And we unlike cod actually take time to improve our graphics

Haha Doc, you point out whats ironic. By changing to become more like CoD at all, Halo is also changing from CoD with that whole thing we video game insiders like to call "change". So Halo's CoD-ness is probably in neutral territory right now...

Besides CoD neither invented most of the things that its become known for in the FPS arena, nor is it the only game with those traits now...if Halo took almost any step to bring itself into similiar lines as other FPS's, it's inevitable that someone is going to cry "CoD"!

• 3 months later...

in halo 3 and reach you could walk 3 feet and pick up a BR or DMR in any direction so why make people have to waste time walking 2 feet to pick up a weapon when they could have picked it before spawning.

thank you! someone finally said it. choosing your starting weapon wont even change gameplay that much. everyone try's to find a br/dmr at the beginning of the game anyways. im going to use the firepower perk in halo 4 to start with dmr and ar. best of both worlds

Halo was out before Call of Duty. Don't know why people say Halo has copied Call of Duty from the beginning.

Halo is becoming more like COD, that is the simple truth. But it is not going to be a carbon copy.

Even if it was, it could take what COD does and make it 1000 times better.