April Forge Contest!

Absolute Dog

When do we have to be done with our maps? I in fact haven't started, I want to start but I don't really want to if I know it'll be too late...

April 28th Saturday 6pm EST is when the entries close

Yes, This is the epic forge competition we've all been waiting for. Time for my most recent (and arguably, best) BTB map to come in

I'd like to bring something up.The "slayer" category is quite an umbrella term. everything from 1v1 to BTB means that the judges will have to be incredibly unbiased in their scoring, er... judging of the map. It'll be quite a subjective vote though. A judge that is on a winning team will obviously score higher than if he/she lost. It's also dependant on the judges' preference in playstyle. Say a judge loves MLG style maps, but hates vehicle combat and, in turn BTB maps. The "MLG map" will take preference over said BTB map. You see the problem?

I'd suggest dividing up the "slayer" category into 2 divisions. 4v4 and lower, and 5v5 and up. 4v4s and BTB maps are totally different breeds of map, and there's almost no comparison. After the best of both categories are selected, THEN, they can be comapred and the better map decided on.

One last thing. Why are the prizes so unusually large this time?

Yes, This is the epic forge competition we've all been waiting for. Time for my most recent (and arguably, best) BTB map to come in

I'd like to bring something up.The "slayer" category is quite an umbrella term. everything from 1v1 to BTB means that the judges will have to be incredibly unbiased in their scoring, er... judging of the map. It'll be quite a subjective vote though. A judge that is on a winning team will obviously score higher than if he/she lost. It's also dependant on the judges' preference in playstyle. Say a judge loves MLG style maps, but hates vehicle combat and, in turn BTB maps. The "MLG map" will take preference over said BTB map. You see the problem?

I'd suggest dividing up the "slayer" category into 2 divisions. 4v4 and lower, and 5v5 and up. 4v4s and BTB maps are totally different breeds of map, and there's almost no comparison. After the best of both categories are selected, THEN, they can be comapred and the better map decided on.

One last thing. Why are the prizes so unusually large this time?

I agree with this guy, BTB maps and 4v4 maps should be a different category.

My map is done, but I feel there's more that I have to do to it. The map is an Arcade, but there's only about 9 machines in there, and I only have about $200 left in my budget. Eh, I'll try to squeeze in a bit more detail before I submit it. =)