Halo 2 Multiplayer Problems (PC)

Hello all,

Today I decied too play some games of Halo 2 on my PC because I wanted to get some achievements with my Xbox Live account because I used to use a different acoount for my PC to my Xbox. (I dont know why).

Anyway, As soon as I hit quick match in the LIVE menu it said that the server timer timed out. Then I went to browse games and waited a while after about 5mins of waiting I gave up, checked my connection, tried again, failed, restarted, failed and now im writing this post.

I dont know has anything to do with 343i taking over or something else, if you know anything or just what to add to this topic write into the thing below.

SpelWerdzRit

Bungie stopped Halo 2 Multiplayer on LIVE and on the main Network. I know, I feel your pain. If you want to play Halo 2 online with other people though, I'd suggest Tunngle.

Bungie stopped Halo 2 pc???? WTF, I have to google this to be sure.

EDIT: I googled the hell out of it and found NOTHING saying Halo 2 pc has been shut down. Hopefully it hasn't.

It's your ports. You have to have very specific ports opened manually thru your firewalls. Both Windows and router ones. If you have halo 1 PC installed also, you will have to dedicate the halo 1 ports to halo 2, and change the ports Halo 1 uses when you launch it. I know it's very confusing and a pain, but well worth it once you get it setup right.

• 2 weeks later...