Halo gone COD?!?!?!?!?

Sir Skipper

Halo becoming COD???????  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the class loadouts to be custimizable, like cod?

• NO!
    • YES!

Okay, well I made an account to show you just how f*cking stupid you sound. CoD was a great game, until Activision got money hungry and decided to **** out the same game every year. Halo 4 deserves to be different, after all, it is under a new company. Think of it this way. Haven't you ever been playing Campaign and thought "I really wish that this BR had a silencer", or "A grenade launcher would be great right now, but I don't want to give up my DMR for it"? There's so many things that could happen, and you're ****ting bricks because you don't like change.

Ouch. A tad harsh dont you think? But I have to agree with you. In multiplayer, I have died quite a lot wishing I had a plasma rifle right now. Im not saying that power weapons should be pickable, just weapons like the BR. That would help quite a lot. Its just sad that everyone critisizes CoD and they actually want Halo to be the same as Halo 3.

• Like 2

Okay, well I made an account to show you just how f*cking stupid you sound. CoD was a great game, until Activision got money hungry and decided to **** out the same game every year. Halo 4 deserves to be different, after all, it is under a new company. Think of it this way. Haven't you ever been playing Campaign and thought "I really wish that this BR had a silencer", or "A grenade launcher would be great right now, but I don't want to give up my DMR for it"? There's so many things that could happen, and you're ****ting bricks because you don't like change.

Halo 4 deserves to be treated like any other Halo game, because in the end, it is not CoD. Some change is a good thing. However, with that being said, it still needs to feel like Halo. Without knowing how they are planning on doing custom loadouts, it's too early to tell and too early to start complaining.

Now, as for your first post. Nice way to start off your forum life. Would be better to not start with insults, but that's just my opinion.

Ouch. A tad harsh dont you think? But I have to agree with you. In multiplayer, I have died quite a lot wishing I had a plasma rifle right now. Im not saying that power weapons should be pickable, just weapons like the BR. That would help quite a lot. Its just sad that everyone critisizes CoD and they actually want Halo to be the same as Halo 3.

Exactly. If it's just the AR/BR/DMR, then fine. No problems from my end, even though it does give people advantages in certain situations instead of everyone starting off balanced. As for Halo to be the same as Halo 3? It really is sad. Some change is good, as long as the game still feels like Halo.

And furthermore, as far as not wanting to unlock weapons... Why??? I think there should be a tier for each specific kind of weapon. You should start with a gun in each tier, and then be able to unlock more weapons in that tier by using the previous weapon in the tier. Ex: Snipers> <Assault Rifles> <Submachine Guns> <Explosive Weapons> etc. You should unlock attatchments, but at a slower and less influential intervals. What I'm saying is, no 12x zoom on pistols, and stupid stuff that gives weapons a new use and meaning entirely. I think there should be a longer beta than they had for reach, because alot of the problems that reach had weren't solved until after release. I think we should be able to edit our control layouts in any way we want, because the transition between Halo and CoD or Bf3 really sucks. I want to be able to ads with the left trigger, because Halo isn't the only game I play, and it's not fun going back and forth. There's alot of things I would change about Halo, but what I'm looking for is a more advanced version of Halo 3 with some Battlefield (and maybe Battlefront too?) traits in it. The issue with that is retaining that nostalgic feeling we had in Halo 1-3. In Reach, I didn't have that feeling. With how cut and dry the game was, I really had no place in the multiplayer. I'm not good at '5 shotting', and that puts me at a severe disadvantage. I just want Halo 4 to have a pick up and play aspect to it, where anybody who can understand the controls can play it.

<Now, as for your first post. Nice way to start off your forum life. Would be better to not start with insults, but that's just my opinion.>

Well, in all honesty, I felt like it was neccesary. Also, from what you said about the fact that it's a Halo game, I understand. I want it to still feel like Halo, but it is in fact the next gen of that game now. It should be improving greatly and changing for the better. If they were more open to change, maybe the game they love so much can blossom into something even better.

And furthermore, as far as not wanting to unlock weapons... Why??? I think there should be a tier for each specific kind of weapon. You should start with a gun in each tier, and then be able to unlock more weapons in that tier by using the previous weapon in the tier. Ex: Snipers> <Assault Rifles> <Submachine Guns> <Explosive Weapons> etc. You should unlock attatchments, but at a slower and less influential intervals. What I'm saying is, no 12x zoom on pistols, and stupid stuff that gives weapons a new use and meaning entirely. I think there should be a longer beta than they had for reach, because alot of the problems that reach had weren't solved until after release. I think we should be able to edit our control layouts in any way we want, because the transition between Halo and CoD or Bf3 really sucks. I want to be able to ads with the left trigger, because Halo isn't the only game I play, and it's not fun going back and forth. There's alot of things I would change about Halo, but what I'm looking for is a more advanced version of Halo 3 with some Battlefield (and maybe Battlefront too?) traits in it. The issue with that is retaining that nostalgic feeling we had in Halo 1-3. In Reach, I didn't have that feeling. With how cut and dry the game was, I really had no place in the multiplayer. I'm not good at '5 shotting', and that puts me at a severe disadvantage. I just want Halo 4 to have a pick up and play aspect to it, where anybody who can understand the controls can play it.

<Now, as for your first post. Nice way to start off your forum life. Would be better to not start with insults, but that's just my opinion.>

Well, in all honesty, I felt like it was neccesary. Also, from what you said about the fact that it's a Halo game, I understand. I want it to still feel like Halo, but it is in fact the next gen of that game now. It should be improving greatly and changing for the better. If they were more open to change, maybe the game they love so much can blossom into something even better.

Being insulting in your first post was not necessary. But that's beside the point now. Having unlockable weapons in tiers is not Halo. That's CoD and BF, and that's not what Halo fans want. If I wanted those features, I'd go plan CoD or BF3. Customizable controls? Yes, I like that, I have no problem with that. Let me set up the controls however I want. Great. Tiers and unlockable weapons? Weapon attachments? No. You have the Sniper Rifle. Halo takes place in a fictional universe. There's no need for multiple sniper rifles. BF3 takes place more or less in the real world, where there are tons of different sniper rifles. I have no problem with a game like BF3 having those features. But not Halo.

Just because it's what you think would make the game better doesn't mean that is what the rest of the community would want.

Being insulting in your first post was not necessary. But that's beside the point now. Having unlockable weapons in tiers is not Halo. That's CoD and BF, and that's not what Halo fans want. If I wanted those features, I'd go plan CoD or BF3. Customizable controls? Yes, I like that, I have no problem with that. Let me set up the controls however I want. Great. Tiers and unlockable weapons? Weapon attachments? No. You have the Sniper Rifle. Halo takes place in a fictional universe. There's no need for multiple sniper rifles. BF3 takes place more or less in the real world, where there are tons of different sniper rifles. I have no problem with a game like BF3 having those features. But not Halo.

Just because it's what you think would make the game better doesn't mean that is what the rest of the community would want.

I'm sorry for being rude. That was wrong of me. So, my opinion on this is mostly aesthetic. There more than likely wouldn't be a big difference in the effectivity of the weapons, just in how you use them. I think it'd be great to see some of the weapons mentioned in the novels, and even the more popular fanfictions introduced. Now, back to the weapons traits, say that the DMR and the BR and the MA5b are all in the same category. They are all balanced according to range. DMR kills fastest at mid- midlong range, BR kills fastest at mid to midshort, and the MA5b kills the best at close ranges. In Halo, I've noticed that there's usually a specific weapon used in a specific way, and it kills the fastest at any range. That's what I want not to happen. Each weapon should have their uses, rather than the DMR being the only weapon worth using. Just saying.

I'm sorry for being rude. That was wrong of me. So, my opinion on this is mostly aesthetic. There more than likely wouldn't be a big difference in the effectivity of the weapons, just in how you use them. I think it'd be great to see some of the weapons mentioned in the novels, and even the more popular fanfictions introduced. Now, back to the weapons traits, say that the DMR and the BR and the MA5b are all in the same category. They are all balanced according to range. DMR kills fastest at mid- midlong range, BR kills fastest at mid to midshort, and the MA5b kills the best at close ranges. In Halo, I've noticed that there's usually a specific weapon used in a specific way, and it kills the fastest at any range. That's what I want not to happen. Each weapon should have their uses, rather than the DMR being the only weapon worth using. Just saying.

Adding new weapons to the game, such as ones from the novels is fine. I'd enjoy a wider selection of weapons. And each weapon does have their uses. What wins when you round a corner and come face to face with an enemy, a shotgun or the DMR? Same goes with the energy sword. How about at long range, would you rather have a sniper rifle in your hand, or the DMR? Sure, the DMR is a nice alternative if you don't have the sniper rifle, but I'd still rather have the sniper. Every weapon in Halo has its purpose, it's just knowing when and how to use those weapons. I'm not going to try and pick somebody off across the map with an assault rifle, but if I have a DMR? Sure, I'll give it a shot. I'm not going to take on a vehicle with the plasma repeater, but a rocket launcher? Yes please.

Weapon traits/tiers/attachments are a gimmick for other games. Why does Halo need them?

Adding new weapons to the game, such as ones from the novels is fine. I'd enjoy a wider selection of weapons. And each weapon does have their uses. What wins when you round a corner and come face to face with an enemy, a shotgun or the DMR? Same goes with the energy sword. How about at long range, would you rather have a sniper rifle in your hand, or the DMR? Sure, the DMR is a nice alternative if you don't have the sniper rifle, but I'd still rather have the sniper. Every weapon in Halo has its purpose, it's just knowing when and how to use those weapons. I'm not going to try and pick somebody off across the map with an assault rifle, but if I have a DMR? Sure, I'll give it a shot. I'm not going to take on a vehicle with the plasma repeater, but a rocket launcher? Yes please.

Weapon traits/tiers/attachments are a gimmick for other games. Why does Halo need them?

I feel like it could be a drastic improvement to some aspects of the gameplay. The game itself doesn't really need them, but without all of these changes, or at least trying them, games would still be played exclusively in arcades. :3 In any case, I'm definitely buying this game. But at the same time, I'd like to see some new things from them. If not being able to change your attachments, I think it'd be really cool to be able to put your own designs on your armor to a limit. I could definitely see where that could get out of hand though. I'm not talking about like on Black Ops when you could make a logo and have it in one spot, I mean being able to fully customize your armor. It'd only really be visible in firefight, forge, custom games, and campaign, but that kind of freedom would be awesome.

There aint no reason to be that way. It is a trend and halo may be catching up but I loved halo the first time i played it because.

1: you have to learn the weapon spawns on the maps.

2: you have to beat everyone else to the powere weapons

3: if you fail, well then find a way to kill that them

4: you have a chance to kill someone evenly no matter what weapon you use

5: no chooseable loadouts

No remember halo 3 was boss, and it was totally the ****!

It was balanced and fun no matter what, I just say that they should return halo back to the halo 3 style mulitiplayer. With faster ranking of course.

same, but halo reach had waaay to many power weapons on the map, every match I join, around 3 people team up and some how get the power weapons which piss me off

same, but halo reach had waaay to many power weapons on the map, every match I join, around 3 people team up and some how get the power weapons which piss me off

I feel your pain, it's hard to have fun when you're being spawn-trapped by a squad of very skilled players, or just being bum-rushed constantly by a team that's spamming your base with vehicles.

as of right now we know nothing about these loadouts or perks as the community have coined them. 343 have stated its will be nothing like COD i trust them. this could be the best thing to happen to halo in a long time or could ruin the game forever so no pressure lol. but like i said we no nothing really about them so dont worry just wait and see.

First off, Halo 4 will be like Halo 4. That's why its called Halo in the first place. 343i knows what they're doing and will make whatever decision is for the best. Beside's, half of their team is made up of Ex-Bungie Employees, and even fans.

Also, the perks you've heard about, aren't even called perks. Frank O' Connor said that those were just the names reporter's gave it. And yes, armor will affect gameplay, but not the way most of you are thinking. It will most likely be small things like "2% more jump height" and stuff.

Lastly, as you all know, Halo 4 will be introducing custom classes/loudouts. No this will not be like COD. 343i even when out of their way, to state that players wouldn't be able to choose power weapons as their starting weapon. But instead, they will most likely be able to choose simple weapons like the Battle Rifle, DMR, Assault Rifle, or magnum as their starting weapon. This has actually long been a fan request since Halo 2.

So yeah, stop complaining guys. Halo 4 is in good hands. 343i is taking it into a new direction, and change is good. We need to all stop looking a the past games and move forward.

you really think that i don't want change? I have always wanted change but I just dont feel 100% for the custom loadouts. I never said they were horrible. just they were a dumb idea, they way they made it seem was that it was going to ge put out similiar to cod.

Now if you make it where you dont have to unlock them, rather you get all the weapons. (therefore its fair like normal) but then you can use your fav weapons like the needler, plasma pistol, br, dmr, plasma rifle, etc. etc. just not the power weapons. now i agree with your later posts I dont want Cod, im sorry for making fun of it, i used to play it! just it got boring after mw2. The battlefield way of doing it would be fine, amour abilities being the specs, and their bieng a BF3 amount of weapons. the change is good, just it needs a halo 3 feel but with a halo reach change. You know what im saying, I didnt mean for this forum to sound so evil to cod, and halo 4. or 343 I have more faith in 343 than bungie. Just its with the whole they made it look cod. Id like underslung grenade launchers or a custom scope.

I just didnt think many people but my friend would have looked at this forum, so i didnt think it through enough, my bad!

you really think that i don't want change? I have always wanted change but I just dont feel 100% for the custom loadouts. I never said they were horrible. just they were a dumb idea, they way they made it seem was that it was going to ge put out similiar to cod.

Now if you make it where you dont have to unlock them, rather you get all the weapons. (therefore its fair like normal) but then you can use your fav weapons like the needler, plasma pistol, br, dmr, plasma rifle, etc. etc. just not the power weapons. now i agree with your later posts I dont want Cod, im sorry for making fun of it, i used to play it! just it got boring after mw2. The battlefield way of doing it would be fine, amour abilities being the specs, and their bieng a BF3 amount of weapons. the change is good, just it needs a halo 3 feel but with a halo reach change. You know what im saying, I didnt mean for this forum to sound so evil to cod, and halo 4. or 343 I have more faith in 343 than bungie. Just its with the whole they made it look cod. Id like underslung grenade launchers or a custom scope.

I just didnt think many people but my friend would have looked at this forum, so i didnt think it through enough, my bad!

It's alright. Sorry for being an asshat. I just feel like Halo 4 needs to be more appealing to everybody, not just the hardcore Halo fans, know what I mean?

There aint no reason to be that way. It is a trend and halo may be catching up but I loved halo the first time i played it because.

1: you have to learn the weapon spawns on the maps.

2: you have to beat everyone else to the powere weapons

3: if you fail, well then find a way to kill that them

4: you have a chance to kill someone evenly no matter what weapon you use

5: no chooseable loadouts

No remember halo 3 was boss, and it was totally the ****!

It was balanced and fun no matter what, I just say that they should return halo back to the halo 3 style mulitiplayer. With faster ranking of course.

This **** right here ***** , This **** right here ***** , ( Katt Williams ) lol Halo 3 style mulitiplayer in my OPINION was the most funest style I had ever played and they should bring it back . The BR will be brought back which I am happy about. In my OPINION Team DMRS should be put as a GameType PERIOD for those who love DMR. In Reach , the Maps were mostly Forged and I hate it thats all I am gonna say about that and as for the Armor Abilities...I hate it as well to me it did not feel like Halo.

Not all all, everything they are doing is out of their own minds and creativity

EDIT: Now with the GI confirmed...I kinda feel it is...but it isnt turning to COD, it's getting elements from COD and making them into halo versions of it. get what I mean?

I'm not quite sure where you heard this from, and i'm 99% sure that you will not be able to customize your load out it Halo 4. If anything the load outs will be armor abilities just like in Halo: Reach, and if not, they will be like they were in the previous Halos (Halo CE, 2, 3). I agree with you that Halo started to follow CoD, but only a little bit. The ranking system in Reach is the only thing that resembles CoD in a very direct way. I also agree that Halo should stay separate from all other games out there.

-MaGIIXz

You dont know what your talking about 343 industrys hase already anounsed that they will be doing this in the ocooner interview its fact now rumor

I voted no but I personally feel that if there were some restrictions on loadout it could be a good thing. For example no one should be able to set rockets to a loadout or even a sniper rifle for that matter no, no one hit kill weapon either, or explosives of any kind other than standard grenades. When I say grenades I mean frag and plasma or what ever else they can think of not nube tubes and plasma granade launchers. baiscally nothing that would give any kind of un-fair advantage to anyone. Of course there would also have to be some other restrictions to provent nube kills or tactics such as primary battle riffle secondary plasma pistol. If i have to point out how that is unfair that is just sad.

I think Halo will keep the path its kept for the past 11 years. I trust them to keep it Halo, and not Call of Duty. And if it is, we will just have to deal with it.

They havent stayed on that path it drastically changed with Reach! Power ups, jet packs, and the ranking all lame changes completley different from 1,2, and 3.

See what I don't understand is, the Game Informer link made it sound like Power Weapons could end up in Loadouts...now maybe those parts of the customization only apply to certain playlists, because there's no way that applies to the general game. 343 has already said that you will have Power Weapon drops. what would be the point of having weapons on the battlefield at all if you could just customize them in?

I can really see having things like the BR, AR, carbines, Pistols, etc etc. being customizable, but Power Weapons have always been a huge part of Halo's map design and gameplay flow.

If they make the loadouts customizable/upgradable with points then it will turn into the pile of junk that almost every COD game has become. I play Halo because I love Halo and DON'T like COD.

Upgradable weapons with rank/credits would be so, so stupid. Upgradable armor? Sure. I even like the idea of making the armor specifc, as in those stupid huge shoulder pads so many people like would increase their in-game profile/taget area... idk.

• Like 1