Please god, no Armour Abilities.

RampageUK

So you want Halo to play just like CoD... I don't see the point of this. Why would you want two completely different games from completely different developers to play exactly alike?

I was being COMPLETELY sarcastic XD I want Halo as far away from CoD as possible. TRUST ME. I've been playing since I was literally 6 and miss the big community, gameplay, etc. I strongly, strongly dislike Call of Duty, and have no little respect for the company that makes it, or the MAJORITY of the community. (No offense to anyone on this forum, it's just I think we can all agree that when you get on Halo, and you get on CoD, the people dont think/treat others the same)

I agree with you man, no armor abilities. When I see somebody armor locking in the middle of an epic battle totally making it impossible to kill them. Or how about when somebody sprints toward you with the sword, or away from you when they're one shot. OR how about when somebody jet packs to the sniper before you or turns invisible and jams your radar.

This isn't halo, guys.... this is shadowrun or something like that, armor abilities should stay out of halo games, FOREVER. I don't even consider halo reach "halo" because they changed so much, and all for the better. All Bungie had to do was put back hit scanning and fix their network code and ranking system and spend a little longer on a campaign and then 3 would have been great. But no, they screwed up so they completely abandoned their fans and tried to find a new audience.

I just hope to god, that 343 will not let us down, that they will bring us BACK to the halo series. Keep the older looking graphics (because they were better) and keep the BR and keep the game simple & fun.

• Like 1

Woa, woa, woa... Halo 3 was AMAZING. Bungie never abandoned us. They made Halo: Reach how "[bungie] wanted it". ...it's true. Reach isn't that freat. But don't diss Bungie. Without Bungie, the First Person Shooter either wouldn't exist, or would've been invented later by some other random company. Microsoft prolonged the release of the original Xbox because Halo CE wasn't done yet. Without Bungie, a lot would be different in the gaming world.

Woa, woa, woa... Halo 3 was AMAZING. Bungie never abandoned us. They made Halo: Reach how "[bungie] wanted it". ...it's true. Reach isn't that freat. But don't diss Bungie. Without Bungie, the First Person Shooter either wouldn't exist, or would've been invented later by some other random company. Microsoft prolonged the release of the original Xbox because Halo CE wasn't done yet. Without Bungie, a lot would be different in the gaming world.

There were first person shooters well before Bungie (and Halo) came into the picture. I don't know what you're talking about when you say the FPS wouldn't exist if it wasn't for them. There are plenty of shooters created by different companies before Bungie. Wolfenstein 3D and DOOM by id software are two very good examples. Bungie did not create the FPS. I like how you claim a LOT would be different in the gaming world without Bungie, then give no examples as to what might be different. If you're going to claim something like that, at least tell us what might be different. Some people might be interested.

• Like 1

ITS NOT A ******* JETPACK.

chill out bro don't make this seem like a unsafe envoriment to say something according to: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Jetpack

The Jetpack is the first propulsion equipment made available to the SPARTAN and Sangheili multiplayer models. The only similar equipment seen was the jetpacks on the Sangheili Rangers in Halo 2 and theJiralhanae airborne troops in Halo Wars, Halo 3, and Halo 3: ODST.

THIS SAYS THAT THEIR WASN'T ANY JET PACKS IN HALO CE. This is the way you respond to something you disagree with -.-

• 3 months later...

First of all both of you definitely started playing halo after you first played call of duty if you want sprint and a ranking system everyone can be a high level go back to call of duty. Halo was made to be competitiive and not like call of duty. All armor abilities did was make kids who can shoot or aim be able to evade kids who are overall better in skill. You cant tell me a 3 year old couldnt get shot at once and sprint away in all the other halos you had to stay and fight one on one alot and that showed true skill. The game was 100 times more competitive in the old halos before reach. Im sorry but 343 needs to go back to old halo because im sorry but halo reach was not a true halo game. Halo 2 and Halo 3 were addicting.....Reach gets annoyoing cause it takes hardly any skill sorry they tried to copy call of duty and failed.

Standing there and shooting each other while not do anything but, shows no skill, and how much skill you show has nothing to do with anything! What matters is having fun. Jumping around, flying, rolling, and overcoming people that do that, is actually much better, and shows skill (if thats what you judge gameplay by) Good day sir!

Standing there and shooting each other while not do anything but, shows no skill, and how much skill you show has nothing to do with anything! What matters is having fun. Jumping around, flying, rolling, and overcoming people that do that, is actually much better, and shows skill (if thats what you judge gameplay by) Good day sir!

IMO Reach isn't all that great. I play 4 or 5 games and get bored and frustrated as game play with AA's is so slow. How could you possibly justify to me that Someone repetitively spawning with camo camping around corners with a shotgun, or a kid sprinting around a tight map with a energy sword takes skill? mabye these sort of "skilled" players should search some MLG and let me know the outcome. Yes halo 3's camo worked alot better but at the end of the day, it only respawned every 4 or so minutes and only 1 person could grab it, which was fair and lead to good teamwork and strategy. I think a great outcome for halo 4 would be to go back to Social and Ranked playlists, altleast then the kids that just want to have "fun" can search their social playlists, and the competative gamers like myself can get our rank and play with people that enjoy competative play and winning unlike 95% of the reach population.

• Like 1

If they include the crappy armour abilities they for some reason put in Halo: Reach, I will go ape ****. **** Jet Packs, Armour Lock, Sprint and ****ty Camo.

I hope 343 will do the right thing and make Halo: 4 more like Halo: 3, 2 and 1!

Please god!

Unfortunately god is working with bungie and is trying to ruin halo. (like in reach) aparently 343 feels like continuing the AAs which is stupid and I am seriously fed up with it.

343 said nothing of adding armor abilities into the game, that actually dislike them.

They dislike them? When did they ever say that they disliked them, or even hinted at this? They haven't. If they do include armour abilities, I'm absolutely certain they'll take lessons from Halo: Reach and tweak just how they work. They won't just simply copy and paste them into Halo 4, they'll tweak them to fit the overall gameplay style and such.

• 4 weeks later...

I know alot of people are raging about the armor abilites and other things 343 has announced like varied weapon spawns, but I read an interview with Frank O'Connor and he said that there hasn't been a single reaction from the community that they haven't expected. Give them a chance to explain themselves more before you just rip on how much you hated the aa's in reach. Based on how a lot of them are from bungie, they've learned more about how aa's could work. Lets remember that that was their first time doing those and im sure that most if not all of them will be tweaked immensely.

• 1 month later...

I think that armor abilities were fine, but were not implemented very well. They should have been pickups on the map, ala equipment in Halo 3. If Armor Lock was on a 180 timer spawn, and there was only one spawn with it on the map, do you think it would have been so stupid? No. I think if armor abilities are pickups, then they could be fun

Ok to settle this silly debate I'm going to post some pulled data images from halo 2. said images will show many of you, things you didn't even know existed inside the Halo 2 code base back before and when it was released. I'll post them up in about an hour. i gotta upload them somewhere then link them in. Stay tuned!