Please god, no Armour Abilities.

RampageUK

Coach Outlets Excuse for that I interfere ?At me a similar situation. It is possible to discuss. Excuse for that I interfere ?But this theme is very close to me. I can help with the answer. Certainly. All above told the truth. Let's discuss this question. Discount Coach Wallets Amusing question I apologise, but, in my opinion, you are not right. I suggest it to discuss. Write to me in PM, we will talk. It does not disturb me. This answer, is matchless Coach stylish handbag-033

Armor abilities make halo reach feel like a completely new game. Some may claim this a good thing but I do not. I have read that some people are posting claiming that having AA make the game faster. I, however, disagree with this statement. I cannot count how many times I will have a guy one shot and he will just run/jetpack away. I feel like having these abilities takes away from having to rely on teammates thus taking away the competitive edge. I liked having to come together as a team to win in halo 3 rather than relying on AA. If there is any kind of AA in Halo 4, I will be disappointed but I have high hopes for 343.

This thread is 5 pages long, but only maybe 10-12 posts actually offer something more than just "armor ablitys suk get rid of tem." At least TRY to explain why, people.

No one has of yet mentioned in this thread the one big thing that makes Halo vastly superior to most other current games: customization. The amount of creativity and originality that players can apply to the last two Halo games is, quite simply, better than any other game out there. Right now, I'm talking about Custom Games only, I'll get to multiplayer later.

I believe that Armor Abilities should be kept in the Halo series just for a broader selection of creativity for Forgers and Custom Game players. Halo's multiplayer is amazing, but I for one have played more Custom Games than all of my multiplayer games from Halo 3 and Reach combined. Aside from the fiction, Halo's Custom Game/Forge options are what kept me to the series thus far. If AAs are taken out of Reach, that's an entire branch of gameplay that Forgers can't take advantage of. That would actually be a huge step back in terms of gameplay. If you don't believe me, you need to check out the incredible things that people have come up with. My first suggestion would be to check out Forgehub.com

As for my stance on AAs in multiplayer, I think the IDEA of AAs is great. Unfortunately, Bungie didn't execute this idea as well as their fanbase was hoping. Rather than adding to gameplay, AAs broke it and made combat somewhat frustrating. Bungie also made AAs way too "common". Anything that powerful should NOT be something that you immediately start with. AAs were treated by Bungie as something on the same level as the AR and Magnum when, in reality, they were game changers. Something that could be treated in the same class as Rocket Launchers or Sniper Rifles. They were Power Weapons.

AAs ARE a good idea. You can't tell me that, before Reach came out, you weren't excited for their addition. They just needed a whoooooole lot more testing and polish before the final game was released. I'm sure that Sprint and Evade are AAs that are unanimously deemed as acceptable in Reach. Now if the rest of the AAs were closer to being as useful and balanced as those two (and less gimmicky, honestly).

Armor abilities make halo reach feel like a completely new game. Some may claim this a good thing but I do not. I have read that some people are posting claiming that having AA make the game faster. I, however, disagree with this statement. I cannot count how many times I will have a guy one shot and he will just run/jetpack away. I feel like having these abilities takes away from having to rely on teammates thus taking away the competitive edge. I liked having to come together as a team to win in halo 3 rather than relying on AA. If there is any kind of AA in Halo 4, I will be disappointed but I have high hopes for 343.

i feel like the only armour ability should be sprint.

If they include the crappy armour abilities they for some reason put in Halo: Reach, I will go ape ****. **** Jet Packs, Armour Lock, Sprint and ****ty Camo.

I hope 343 will do the right thing and make Halo: 4 more like Halo: 3, 2 and 1!

Please god!

Go complain on Bungie.net. You're just mad that you can't use them because you're not good enough to cunter them even though it's easy to counter them. You have access to the same abilities and you can use them if you want. So if you think it's cheap, use it.

• 2 weeks later...

If they include the crappy armour abilities they for some reason put in Halo: Reach, I will go ape ****. **** Jet Packs, Armour Lock, Sprint and ****ty Camo.

Please god!

Yeah i hope the same here!!

Go complain on Bungie.net. You're just mad that you can't use them because you're not good enough to cunter them even though it's easy to counter them. You have access to the same abilities and you can use them if you want. So if you think it's cheap, use it.

Kid go to your Xbox360 and with your hands take out the Reach CD and go to your kitchen. After that you slowly take your knife on the Reach CD and make some big scratches. After that you head over to your Xbox360 and put carefull in your Halo3 Disc.

( For more info how to do this read the Halo3 Manual )

^^^ THIS

I have found that people that do not like AA's simply do not like them cause they cant handle it when someone doesnt die from just spraying bullets at them. These guys do have access to the same AA as everyone else. When someone is using AL on you, then you have to do adjust your plan on the spot to take the guy out. I dont understand why people cant adjust to something new. Dont get me wrong, I dont use AL, typically gets my ass killed. I do use active camo and hologram and do some good with them....but it took some practice. When I play H3, I just go back to the old way of doing things.

• 2 weeks later...

^^^ THIS

I have found that people that do not like AA's simply do not like them cause they cant handle it when someone doesnt die from just spraying bullets at them. These guys do have access to the same AA as everyone else. When someone is using AL on you, then you have to do adjust your plan on the spot to take the guy out. I dont understand why people cant adjust to something new. Dont get me wrong, I dont use AL, typically gets my ass killed. I do use active camo and hologram and do some good with them....but it took some practice. When I play H3, I just go back to the old way of doing things.

It has nothing to do with adjusting, it's the fact that they SHOULD have ALREADY died. They will die regardless but it's ******* annoying having to wait every time.

I want to play an FPS, not sit around and wait. It makes the game boring and noncompetitive.

Picture this: you play against someone who has never played Halo before. He chooses AL every time and survives for an extra 5 seconds for every death.

WOOOO, let's reward people for knowing how to hold down a button. Next week, we learn how to use the potty! How is his lifespan in any way deserved?

If I'm unequivocally better than someone and wreck them, they should die. Not use the "second chance" button, hope that there happened to be teammates in the area, and then somehow have the audacity to call that teamwork.

It takes literally no skill. If you want an upgrade of some sort then you should go out and earn it, not just spawn with a multiplayer pause button.

If AL was a pickup then I would have no problem with it because at least they DID something to get it.

It has nothing to do with adjusting, it's the fact that they SHOULD have ALREADY died. They will die regardless but it's ******* annoying having to wait every time.

I want to play an FPS, not sit around and wait. It makes the game boring and noncompetitive.

Picture this: you play against someone who has never played Halo before. He chooses AL every time and survives for an extra 5 seconds for every death.

WOOOO, let's reward people for knowing how to hold down a button. Next week, we learn how to use the potty! How is his lifespan in any way deserved?

If I'm unequivocally better than someone and wreck them, they should die. Not use the "second chance" button, hope that there happened to be teammates in the area, and then somehow have the audacity to call that teamwork.

It takes literally no skill. If you want an upgrade of some sort then you should go out and earn it, not just spawn with a multiplayer pause button.

If AL was a pickup then I would have no problem with it because at least they DID something to get it.

Nevermind.....you just dont get it.

I hope H4 has AL so maybe you will get all butthurt and not play it.

Please god!

I am with you all the way and people who say there is nothing wrong with Aa's then you need to reconsider the way your brain works.

• 2 months later...

you can forget armor abilities. they were prototypes in reach. they were destroyed there too. same with dmr. and the "jet pack" in the halo 4 trailer is a thruster pack. used for zero gravity combat. they have allways been there.

Not true, he hasn't always had a thruster pack. They just made it look like it, they are tying up loose ends and putting everything together to make it make sense. Originally, the pack on MC's back was just a fusion battery that powered the Mjolnir suit. Now its both that and a thruster pack. Also, AA's aren't a bad Idea, they weren't destroyed in Reach, the people that say that are hypocrites, cause I've seen people who say that, go into Reach and use the crap out of Armor Lock. People who hate innovation or for a game that they are a so called fan of, to achieve greatness. Halo shouldn't stay where it was, it needs to innovate and excel. I am sure we haven't seen the last of AA's and I trust 343 will make it awesome