Halo Reach April Playlist Update

Spectral Jester

April Matchmaking Playlist Update

A wise man once said, “It’s not the size of your update that matters, it’s how you use it.” That general sentiment is particularly relevant for the month of April, as your next matchmaking playlist update, which goes live on April 3, is a bit on the lighter side. Thankfully good things come in small packages, so with that in mind, let’s dive into the specifics of April’s modest but welcome list of changes.

• BTB Heavies score to win reduced to 150.

We noticed that this particular game type has been ending with the time limit the majority of the time. To help the score limit and time limit be more balanced, we reduced the winning score from 200 to 150.

• Big Team Battle updated.

Delta Facility and Cragmire, both user-created maps that host the Heavies game type, were removed from Big Team Battle. Their creators are updating them, and we’ll reintroduce both playspaces once they’re ready for the masses.

• Super Slayer updated.

The following changes were made to the Super Slayer playlist: Elite Slayer and some user-created maps were removed, and big-party matching was enabled (teams of 3-4 will be matched with other teams of 3-4).

• Swat updated.

Uncaged and Pinnacle were removed from Swat.

• MLG updated.

MLG was updated to Version 7 for both maps and game types, which are currently being played this MLG season. The third voting option was also removed, per MLG’s request.

• Arena updated.

The Jetpack loadout was removed from Arena. We will be watching Arena’s population to help determine whether or not this will be a permanent change.

• Powerhouse updated.

Fusion cores were added to the Concrete Vents area. This may or may not be relevant to jetpackers’ interests….

I don't understand the update on Powerhouse, since I don't know where the fusion coils were added and don't know where the vents are.. is it the building right aside where the rocket launcher spawns (above and to the right) and on the second floor? Since that's all I could think of.

There were some seriously bad decisions made here. The SWAT playlist, which was already short on playable maps, has been brutally crippled. Uncaged and Pinnacle, based on the fact that they were so often voted into play OVER the remaining two-or-three maps, were popular maps in this game type. If this is how 343 is going to handle the online features, I'll excuse myself and stick to custom games, and I will encourage everyone I encounter to do the same.

• Like 2

I agree with Geran85 the Team Swat playlist is very short on playable maps to start with and then you went and removed probably two of the most popular maps? Really? Who thought of this decision? "Hey let's start with a mode that doesn't have enough playable maps to start with, remove two of the most popular ones, and this is a GREAT idea!" This is like a classic Dilbert moment. I mean seriously does 343 industries not want Team Swat to be played anymore? I for one will join Geran85 and boycott Team Swat from now on to play custom games.

We need Pinnacle and Uncaged back and a few more new cool maps wouldn't hurt either!

• Like 2

It's not just that Uncaged and Pinnacle were my two favourite maps for SWAT that makes this update a negative one for me; It's also that you've now removed any level of variety from the map selection. I've been stuck playing the same two maps repeatedly, to the point where I no longer find any enjoyment in playing at all. It's a constant cycle of people camping around the green lift room in Swordbase, or the top of the elevator in Reflection, meaning the whole game is spent within around 20 square feet of the given map. Not fun. Honestly, Uncaged and Pinnacle always received a good amount of votes to play. Why would those be slated for removal above something like Powerhouse which almost never got selected? If people didn't like the maps they wouldn't have voted for them, it's that simple. Please, PLEASE, consider giving us our SWAT fun back.

• Like 3

It's not just that Uncaged and Pinnacle were my two favourite maps for SWAT that makes this update a negative one for me; It's also that you've now removed any level of variety from the map selection. I've been stuck playing the same two maps repeatedly, to the point where I no longer find any enjoyment in playing at all. It's a constant cycle of people camping around the green lift room in Swordbase, or the top of the elevator in Reflection, meaning the whole game is spent within around 20 square feet of the given map. Not fun. Honestly, Uncaged and Pinnacle always received a good amount of votes to play. Why would those be slated for removal above something like Powerhouse which almost never got selected? If people didn't like the maps they wouldn't have voted for them, it's that simple. Please, PLEASE, consider giving us our SWAT fun back.

^^^^^^^^ THIS!!!!!!!!

I could not have said it better myself. These maps were popular with the voting selection and should never have been removed. Period. As Okapi said, we want our Swat fun back. Supposedly these maps were removed based on user feedback. So here is some user feedback: return these maps or give us new ones. 343 Industries are you listening to your paying customers? Where is a 343 rep to defend/explain this decision?

Okapi if you could please comment on my thread below listed "Bring back Pinnacle and Uncaged to Team Swat!!!!" it would be much appreciated!

Hi DoctorB77, thanks for your feedback about bringing Pinnacle and Uncaged back to Swat. If you could please comment on my thread titled "Bring back Pinnacle and Uncaged to Team Swat!!!!" it would be much appreciated! I'm trying to get 343 Industries to listen to player feedback.