Showing Love For the Magnum.

Vynledis

I believe that besides CE, the Halo 2 Mag was by one of my favorite Magnums; without question. Especially dual wielding for headshots. It used to be so incredible, what you were capable of doing to another player with dual wield Mags.

• Like 1

I remember i used to hate the halo 3 magnums, but after doing legendary alot, i realised that they were amazing. But halo 3 odst had awesome magnums, if they were useful against brutes armour

Halo3 magnum wasn't that bad it had the advtange over players at distance with assault rifles, but if they had a BR you were screwed, and for campaign it was good against brutes but, plasma pistol + BR is best way to go.

Oh man I loved the halo 2 magnum! It was a beast when dual wielding, had a good fire rate and the power was just about right for me. I'll say that the magnum is my favorite weapon in the halo series. I was a little disappointed with halo 3's magnum, it bothered me a little that there was no zoom, but the fire rate was what really bothered me, so slow. Besides a couple precision weapons the magnum will always be one of my top weapons of destruction.

Halo 2 magnums were completely pointless to have. Under-powered, and there were plenty of other guns laying around so even if you ran out of ammo you didn't have to pick it up.

honestly, You're right.

PARTIALLY

In campaign it's a beast, in mulitplayer...ehh...what it should be used as, a SECONDARY. I don't pick it up unless I dual wield with something.

Yeah I was speaking for multiplayer. For campaign you sometimes needed it. It was effective on grunts, very effective on jackals. Just decent to have if you lost your BR and couldn't have ammo or another similar gun. But, just pointless to have.

IMO reach made the Magnum a really good weapon.

Halo 3 made it more of a Desert Eagle type weapon.

Halo 2 made it...a pistol

CE made it a.....rifle

I wouldn't say it was that good in 3 either. I never really touched it. I would prefer it stay like the pistol in halo 2, in Halo 4 simply because it's a pistol and should be used as an emergency weapon when you really don't have nothing else to go with.

I wouldn't say it was that good in 3 either. I never really touched it. I would prefer it stay like the pistol in halo 2, in Halo 4 simply because it's a pistol and should be used as an emergency weapon when you really don't have nothing else to go with.

You just said Halo 2 pistol was pointless!

Lol H3 pistol is a great emergency weapon, you should use it more. espcially when their health is down.

• 4 years later...