STOP trying to be something you're not, HALO 4

OITSTCIMurder

I agree with OP. In Halo 3 If you got into a BR fight with anyone and you missed or you notice they are playing well as a team and leapfrog, you should be dead because they premeditated their attack. Since there were no AA's you were FORCED to stay in and fight it out because you know you can't get out fast enough. Let's be honest, this scenario has allowed for some AMAZING clutch plays if you were good enough, only because you knew you had to TRY.

With AA's such as sprint: you get into a DMR fight and you simply weren't feeling it and miss or they leap frog, you should be dead, but oh wait, let me just sprint away and completely nullify the good setup and positioning the other team had. IT IS SUCH A CHEAP MECHANIC!! Cheap. You don't attempt to try to do anything clutch because you can easily gtfo. In terms of fun, I believe pulling off a clutch play is FAR more rewarding then saying "ooh I have sprint let me run away." However, these kids seem to just want games to be dumbed wayyyy down,simplistic,easy, and casual.

In my opinion, Halo 3 seemed to have a MUCH larger community than Reach. Everyone I knew played Halo 3. When Reach came out, Halo slowly dwindled down in popularity. So, basically I just wanted to emphasize on what the OP was talking about.

I'm happy as long as they implement a skill system such as H3's or H2's which will keep bringing me back to the game.

I also have a mixed feeling on sprint, as I don't have any problem with it other than the fact that when one guy sprints away the other guy will sprint after him.

Halo 3 > Halo Reach in my opinion and I would be really happy if it was just Halo 3.5 but maybe 343 will make the game better than Halo 3 so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I have to wholeheartedly disagree with you on this one. When they came out with the TU (Which made Reach more like Halo 3... actually almost exactly like Halo 3 but with AA's) people ranted and raged across bnet AND the Waypoint forum begging 343i to change it back. And I'm not talking onesies or twosies, I'm talking about mods having to lock threads every ten minutes because a new one was popping up saying "343i TU sux change it bakz pl0x". And when 343i tried to compromise by making it half Halo 3 half Halo Reach, EVEN MORE people complained about it, and it hadn't even been released yet! And look now, people are complaining about Halo 4 and it's still over half a year until it releases. They haven't even printed the publication yet, and people are already complaining.

People complain just for the sake of complaining. You haven't even touched the game yet, and you are complaining. That means you are no different than they are. If Halo becomes COD, it will still be the best damned COD game you've ever even dreamed of playing. You are not psychic, you haven't traveled back in time, you DO NOT KNOW how Halo 4 is going to play, or whether or not it is going to be a good game. So, with all due respect, shut it.

I call bull **** on your entire post. Sounds made up to me.

I agree with OP. In Halo 3 If you got into a BR fight with anyone and you missed or you notice they are playing well as a team and leapfrog, you should be dead because they premeditated their attack. Since there were no AA's you were FORCED to stay in and fight it out because you know you can't get out fast enough. Let's be honest, this scenario has allowed for some AMAZING clutch plays if you were good enough, only because you knew you had to TRY.

With AA's such as sprint: you get into a DMR fight and you simply weren't feeling it and miss or they leap frog, you should be dead, but oh wait, let me just sprint away and completely nullify the good setup and positioning the other team had. IT IS SUCH A CHEAP MECHANIC!! Cheap. You don't attempt to try to do anything clutch because you can easily gtfo. In terms of fun, I believe pulling off a clutch play is FAR more rewarding then saying "ooh I have sprint let me run away." However, these kids seem to just want games to be dumbed wayyyy down,simplistic,easy, and casual.

In my opinion, Halo 3 seemed to have a MUCH larger community than Reach. Everyone I knew played Halo 3. When Reach came out, Halo slowly dwindled down in popularity. So, basically I just wanted to emphasize on what the OP was talking about.

Exactly, well put.

I understand what you are saying, but why would you want the same thing that was done years ago? I dont want another halo 3, I want a NEW halo with new ideas put into it, new features and new gameplay. I dont want 343 to do what other companies do and just release the same game over and over again and i dont want to bash or anything but have a look at how the call of duty franchise got slated because they did it. I dont want that to happen with Halo so i will gladly accept the new changes and I actually like everything that has been done so far, I dont like however people who read something like how halo 4 will have forerunner vision and you can peek through the walls then start ranting 'overpowered etc etc etc' because they dont know the whole story just a few words about it.

• 8 months later...

Why don't you think before you start to talk out of your ***. This ins't 343's website. And this is 343's first release into the Halo franchise. Give em' a freakin' break dude. Many of your points I can agree with but if your gonna post things like this don't do it here, go to Waypoint.