STOP trying to be something you're not, HALO 4

OITSTCIMurder

Before i start my venting.. i just want to let you all know that I (along with all of my friends who are hardcore Halo fans, some of which have all the books) All agree with what i am about to say..

My message, as stated in the topic title, is simple.

343.. PLEASE don't try to make Halo 4 into something its not..

Halo 4 is NOT a fast pace shooter (hint hint NO SPRINT)

stay true to your roots! I am very excited that you decided to go back to the shield method and ditch the whole health pack thing since MANY original halo fans can agree that the Halo Reach Multiplayer is to the Halo Franchise as Gears of War 2 Multiplayer was to the Gears of War Franchise.. it was terrible.. (in comparison)

too many new experimental things, no need for classes no need for sprint no need for jetpack. stay true to your roots and give us the game that kept us up all night on school nights.

I know you're trying to sell more copies and you need to be successful with your first Halo title, but the title alone will sell. shouldn't your goal want to be to not to disappoint us who STILL play Halo 3?

I don't want to say much, i got a feeling a lot of kids are gonna jump on my case and say how they loved reach so much.. but i do want to leave you with one thing. Remember Halo 3? when was the last time where you died and you literally yelled out "bulli****" and had a valid reason to do it.. not often unless there was lag right?.. now same question for Halo Reach.. some of my friend and i rented Reach the other day just to give it another chance.. and it was fun, it was okay.. but it wasn't Halo 3.. now i understand this is in the future and i need to stop living in the past but come on. stay true to your roots..

This isn't Bungie.. but this is still HALO

OutInTheStreetTheyCallItMurder- OUT.

• Like 2

I'm not going to get into an argument over this because you have your opinion and you are entitled to it and I have no right to say you are wrong so I'm just going to say something that was bugging me when I read through that.

Halo is in every respect a fast paced game, you can kill people in 3 shots and the average confrontation lasts less than 5 seconds. With that in mind I see no reason why Sprint can't be in the game? I think it is a nice change.

Where my problem comes in is with loadouts, I think Sprint is fine if everyone else has it, but when you start making people spawn unequal that is when I start not liking it. That is my problem with Reach, Halo fills a specific role in my collection of games, and that is is a entirely skill based shooter, everyone is equal, everyone spawns the same, when it leaves this then it doesn't really have a purpose for me.

I can't fully explain myself on here without writing you a 2 page essay. This is as simple as I can really make my opinion so if it sounds over simplistic, that is because it is.

• Like 1

I can respect that.

By fast pace shooter, I'm comparing it to other games, in COD if someone has the first shot on you.. you're more than likely dead unless they completely miss. in Halo if they have the jump on you, there is SO much you can do, thats why grandees were such a game changer and precise shots were so crucial that it MADE you have to react better and faster to your opponent. it MADE you better. i just don't like the idea of.. running away since.. lets face it, thats what we saw it used for most of the time.

with that being said ...i know they will have to keep something new and honestly sprint wasn't that bad, it would come in handy i suppose to get to somewhere.. but i completely agree with you on how it needs to be EQUAL. that was one of our biggest concerns even though i didn't mention it above.

Everyone needs to start with the SAME weapons and the SAME 'perk' (which i HATE using that word because its not Halo its COD) but jetpacks or "thrusters" are garbage to me, they ruin the game and make it too over the top. i think bungie was trying way too hard with that. Me and about 12 other people were very excited to see Halo 4 gameplay as we saw the return of the BR and shield we thought we were heading in the right direction.. but i guess we missed the jetpacks that seem to already be confirmed.

Im just going to put this in, not arguing, health has been in every halo game, only halo 2, 3 didnt show a bar for it, but still had health.

Also AA's can be good and bad, the unfairness is bad, but the idea was fun and good, like i mean, rolling around on the ground is funs, except on the map, The Cage in infection...

now i understand this is in the future and i need to stop living in the past but come on. stay true to your roots..

I'm going to make this quick because like everyone else is saying, we don't want to start an argument and we all will try to be respectful of other's opinions, but...

Halo CE had health, so that's the root of that. Halo 2 and 3 incorporated the concept of regenerative health.

With AA's Reach was trying to make equipment more equalized: i.e. "jealous of the other teams jetpack? hey grab a jetpack, frand." And while this did make gameplay more hectic there's no doubt in my mind that it made it more fun, and more team oriented: i.e. I know what equipment my teammates have, I know how to use it, therefore I can play to match their likely strategies, and I know they won't throw down the only bubble shield too early and ruin the plan.

I agree with you guys, it does get aggravating when the playing field is not equal, and yes! that is the point of Halo and what makes it so beautiful. However a long time ago there were only two pickups and they balanced each other quite nicely; when you add seven/five to those the game is going to change a little, the same thing goes for vehicles.

Finally before I pose a question maybe you haven't thought of, I will say one last thing (aside from saying the above post is meant to be respectful); the jetpack isn't confirmed, that is a t-pack from the books which are used in low g environments for controlled bursts of movement. So don't worry just yet.

and here it is

Why haven't I seen anyone freak out about armor pieces actually affecting gameplay?

The fact that sprint is in the game does not make Halo "like" other shooters. Gears 1 had sprint, does Gears qualify as fast paced? What determines the speed of the action is health, shields, weapon damage, not how mobile people are. If EVERYONE has Sprint, when one person runs away, the other person runs in pursuit. Hopefully, 343 will take us back to Halo 3 or 2 levels of shield, health, whatever.

If anything, Reach's problem was that the Sprint AA was not universal. I'm not a fan of Reach compared to the other Halo's so don't accuse me of shilling for that but don't make these melodramatic proclamations about what "We" want. I just played H3 doubles last night with my friend as we used years ago...real nostalgia rush there. And you know what? If we all had Sprint it would not have been that different.

I understand what you are saying...

But look at it from the other side. Lets say Halo 4 would look like halo 3. A lot of other people would complain about the lack of change. I personally like the changes in halo:reach like armour abilities (which I agree to some are a bit OP but bungie and 343i are trying to fix this as much as they can). And also this is the first halo which had the armour abilities but they were experimenting a bit and it was kinda bound to fail in some parts (but thats a part of bringing in a new feature)

PS: Adding all of your friends agree with you doesnt add any valuable information to the topic... Just saying

I have to agree with Unease on this one. People would absolutely complain if their was a lack of change in the game. Whether you think so or not, that's your opinion, this is mine. But from experience, I know my friends would be livid if they bought Halo 4 only to see that it's Halo 3 with a new skin.

If Halo kept staying in the same spotlight, eventually most of us would get bored with it. Sure, Halo Reach added Armour Abilities and I do believe they were too overpowered and very annoying. But, saying that it was "new", inventive and was a good way to impliment change in the Halo franchise. I don't want armour abilities in Halo (other than sprint since that was useful) but at the same time I want Halo 4 to be a bit different, hence the point of the word "New". Halo 4 is going to be "New", so people should deal with changes and stop worrying about "Oh, 343i please don't do this, please don't do that". At the end of the day the only way to move forward in the gaming industry is to have "new" additions implimented into that game, as that's what makes it fun (Not including any game made by Infinity Ward).

• Like 1

PS: Adding all of your friends agree with you doesnt add any valuable information to the topic... Just saying

Uhm.. this whole post isn't about valuable information, its just some insight about how i feel about the game and how all of my friends feel the same way.

At the end of the day the only way to move forward in the gaming industry is to have "new" additions implimented into that game, as that's what makes it fun (Not including any game made by Infinity Ward).

i was just about to say, look at the MW series haha. but i guess i wish there was a beta coming out soon so they can get some feedback from us.

Before i start my venting.. i just want to let you all know that I (along with all of my friends who are hardcore Halo fans, some of which have all the books) All agree with what i am about to say..

My message, as stated in the topic title, is simple.

343.. PLEASE don't try to make Halo 4 into something its not..

Halo 4 is NOT a fast pace shooter (hint hint NO SPRINT)

stay true to your roots! I am very excited that you decided to go back to the shield method and ditch the whole health pack thing since MANY original halo fans can agree that the Halo Reach Multiplayer is to the Halo Franchise as Gears of War 2 Multiplayer was to the Gears of War Franchise.. it was terrible.. (in comparison)

too many new experimental things, no need for classes no need for sprint no need for jetpack. stay true to your roots and give us the game that kept us up all night on school nights.

I know you're trying to sell more copies and you need to be successful with your first Halo title, but the title alone will sell. shouldn't your goal want to be to not to disappoint us who STILL play Halo 3?

I don't want to say much, i got a feeling a lot of kids are gonna jump on my case and say how they loved reach so much.. but i do want to leave you with one thing. Remember Halo 3? when was the last time where you died and you literally yelled out "bulli****" and had a valid reason to do it.. not often unless there was lag right?.. now same question for Halo Reach.. some of my friend and i rented Reach the other day just to give it another chance.. and it was fun, it was okay.. but it wasn't Halo 3.. now i understand this is in the future and i need to stop living in the past but come on. stay true to your roots..

OutInTheStreetTheyCallItMurder- OUT.

We cannot move backwards, only forwards,. We must see what 343 bring to the table, I have all faith in them to make Halo 4 a good game and for them to make future titles good.

I'm not going to get into an argument over this because you have your opinion and you are entitled to it and I have no right to say you are wrong so I'm just going to say something that was bugging me when I read through that.

Halo is in every respect a fast paced game, you can kill people in 3 shots and the average confrontation lasts less than 5 seconds. With that in mind I see no reason why Sprint can't be in the game? I think it is a nice change.

Where my problem comes in is with loadouts, I think Sprint is fine if everyone else has it, but when you start making people spawn unequal that is when I start not liking it. That is my problem with Reach, Halo fills a specific role in my collection of games, and that is is a entirely skill based shooter, everyone is equal, everyone spawns the same, when it leaves this then it doesn't really have a purpose for me.

I can't fully explain myself on here without writing you a 2 page essay. This is as simple as I can really make my opinion so if it sounds over simplistic, that is because it is.

sure you can add sprint if you want this game to be another bust like reach

We cannot move backwards, only forwards,. We must see what 343 bring to the table, I have all faith in them to make Halo 4 a good game and for them to make future titles good.

no they cant change the ******* game they tried changing reach a it was the biggest fail in the series

sure you can add sprint if you want this game to be another bust like reach

If anything, bloom made reach "crappy" in more peoples eyes than armor abilities did. Here is a basic "crappiness" ranking of reach settings:

Worst: Bloom + AA's

3: Bloom without AA's

2: AA's without bloom

Best: No bloom or AA's

• Like 1

reach a it was the biggest fail in the series

There is absolutely no point of this thread, it's beyond pathetic. What makes YOU think that anyone here gives a s*** about your hatred about Halo Reach? Your view points are shrewd and not even close to intelligent. If you're having such a big problem with Reach, then don't play the bloody game and move on. As I was saying, if people don't experiment with CHANGE we "CAN'T MOVE ON" in the gaming industry. Some obnoxious people we have on this website, it's unbelievable.

• Like 2

Thats your opinion, and I doubt anyone would get you to change that. I don't want to, either. But Halo 4 would be on the same road as COD. MW3 is pretty much MW2, but a couple changes, such as Theatre, new Campaign, etc. That would be the same with Halo. I respect Bungie for taking their time with games, and not making a complete new one every year. 2010, Halo: Reach was released. One year later, Anniversary was released. One year after that, Halo 4 will be released. The reason for so many games in the past year is

A. Before Reach, I was awaiting a new game. It has been three years.

B. 2011 was ten year mark for Halo. A remake of Halo: Combat Evolved seemed pretty reasonable.

C. 343i has worked on Halo 4 for many years. If they are nearly finished, why not announce another Halo?

Anyways, I couldn't go back to Halo without Sprint. It makes such a better gameplay experience. Jet-pack is so much fun and useful, even though I don't normally use it for Matchmaking. Hologram was a huge success. Active Camo is perfect. Armor Lock is helpful, but can be a real pain, which is why it shouldn't be able to destroy vehicles.

Face it, the majority of people like it better now, and 343i know.

Halo 4 would be on the same road as COD.

implied-facepalm.jpg

...No, no it wouldn't. I don't understand why as soon as a gaming company (which in this case would be 343i) decide to add change in to a NEW Halo game, people jump up only to say it's going to be like Call of Duty. Reguardless of what some people's opinion are on the matter, the fact shows how some people have no intelligence on topics like this, whatsoever. And, I'd just like to add, why would 343i want to "Announce" another Halo title when their currently finishing Halo 4, a game that hasn't even released and your wondering why they haven't said anything about Halo 5... *Mind-blown*.

implied-facepalm.jpg

...No, no it wouldn't. I don't understand why as soon as a gaming company (which in this case would be 343i) decide to add change in to a NEW Halo game, people jump up only to say it's going to be like Call of Duty. Reguardless of what some people's opinion are on the matter, the fact shows how some people have no intelligence on topics like this, whatsoever. And, I'd just like to add, why would 343i want to "Announce" another Halo title when their currently finishing Halo 4, a game that hasn't even released and your wondering why they haven't said anything about Halo 5... *Mind-blown*.

You love this picture don't you not?