Earn Armor with Credits or Achievements?

a live dinosaur

If armor turns out to actually affect gameplay like they said it would, then I'd like pieces unlocked by the equivalent of commendations in Halo 4.

i know it sounds like COD but I think if rank unlocked armor that provided an advantage there wouldn't be as much of an incentive to perfect specific skills or do all of the wild things in Halo. It would just be like the more winning the more armor the less it is about Halo being insane.

Then again 343 did say gameplay would be paced a lot faster so hmmm, maybe it will be based on rank.

You should put up polls for what we think will be the case and what we want to be the case

Reach did mix in achievements and armour, just very little armour was unlocked with achievements, just 2 helmets (they both sucked)

A good system of both would be nice to see, but we'll just have to wait until some details are released.

They need a better ranking system not using Credits to rank up, but winning games = give you credits to buy armor, and certain achievements you unlock armor aswell.

Nooo, I hate how in halo 3 you have to win to get exp, no matter how good you were.

IMO I want halo 4s ranking system to be like reach's.

Same with the armor system.

I'm definitely supportive of moving back to 3's ranking system BUT I don't think there was anything wrong with the way Reach did it with Armor since it was all Cosmetic. That said, I think certain pieces of armor should be reserved for achievements or in game commendations, so yeah, a mix is best.

Say, for example, to get the Shotgun shells you need to get a certain KD with the shotfun, or to get the camo, neck cloth like the one Jun had, get a number of assasinations. That way, the most bad ass pieces are reserved for people who really hone their skills or put effort into one thing so they can really show off their status.

Though its true that we can't really say because we don't know how any of the armor systems are gonna work and what is cosmetic versus what changes your abilities and what not.