Dual Wielding

Elite

Dual Wielding  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want duel wielding to return in Halo: 4?

• Yes.
    • I don't know.
    • No.

Dual wielding was always a fun gameplay mechanic that halo had and no other game did. I feel like it should return with halo 4 but only a few weapons should be able to be dual wield. Maybe pistol style weapons and smg style weapons only... No mauler style weapons or rifles (like how weak the plasma rifle was in halo 3) should be dual wieldable.

I feel like because of the introduction of dual wielding they had to nerf all the guns that were able to which basically made them useless by them its self, which is why the beautiful halo ce magnum was taken away! I would rather have no dual wielding so all weapons feel useful with out it. Which bring the opportunity to bring in the ODST style smg, the halo ce magnum.

I feel like because of the introduction of dual wielding they had to nerf all the guns that were able to which basically made them useless by them its self, which is why the beautiful halo ce magnum was taken away! I would rather have no dual wielding so all weapons feel useful with out it. Which bring the opportunity to bring in the ODST style smg, the halo ce magnum.

Actually Bungie has said that the CE pistol was made as awesome as it was by accident and they didn't want to bring it back. I agree with the rest of the first sentence of your post though.

Dual wielding might seem redundant, but if you ask people, everyone seems to have something they love. My friend loves double SMG's, I see other people posting love for the Maulers. 343 should just make it painfully obvious that dual wielding is awesome for CQC, even better than the AR but has big accuracy falloff versus the AR.

Might be interesting to see Double Needlers return too...yeah they might be overpowered, but thats why you limit the spawn rate and clip size of Needlers on the map.

didnt work for halo reach. the weapons were still mostly unused. Halo 3 did it better, the mauler, the smg, the spiker, those guns could all beat the AR if used correctly. Plus you could duel wield them which was fun, and not owerpowerd, it still took skill to duel wield effectively.

Dual weild is awesome. but i think it should be less accurate than one weapon. because in reality it would be... even for a spartan.

Thats how I feel, duel wielding would hurt your accuracy, so a SMG is still powerful while a duel SMG would rip up closer enemies. A good trade-off IMO.