Halo Campaign 'Offline' (even tho EVERYTHING is PAID, Up to Date, NO Errors... but still 'Offline'. 343? Anyone?

cgarduc

This is also posted in r/Halo on Reddit...

Thread: Halo Campaign 'Offline' (even tho EVERYTHING is PAID, Up to Date, NO Errors... but still 'Offline'. 343? Anyone?

Hi All!

You know the UPPER RIGHT-HAND Corner of the Screen where the small 'offline' shows? The one that keeps you SIGNED OUT of your Battlepass, even tho you are not even close to the expiration date?

I've been with Halo since 'Day 1'. I'm about to end it....

Off and On the 'offline' shows up and EVEN THOUGH I'VE PAID FOR IT, when this 'gatekeeper' decides to... it will randomly, of it's own accord, just decide NOT to let me play the Campaign. (I'm already 1/3 thru it...)

Here's what I've done.

1. Troubleshoot the XBox S THREE TIMES with 100% accuracy.

2. Troubleshoot my Local Network THREE TIMES with 100% accuracy. NO latency. NO Packet Loss

3. Reboot the XBox S several times and different ways. Never any problems.

4. All Network and XBox options are all set to 'ALLOW'.

5. I'VE ALREADY TRIED THE 6 OR 7 'FIXES' LISTED ON THE INTERNET. (THAT DOESN'T WORK EITHER.)

EVERY XBox Game on the System works perfectly (Thank You Division 2! Never a problem!) with the EXCEPTION of Halo Infinite Campaign.

I have 40 years of IT experience and this issue is just 'lazy' (and costing them incoming dollars). This 'gatekeeper' problem should have NEVER been allowed to pass UAT.

If this doesn't get fixed (and consistently works) I guess I'll do what other Halo Players do... Shelve this Game and move on, with no more purchases to from 343 and/or Microsoft. I hate to do it, but...

Anyone have an actual solution to this problem?

343 if you're reading this and want to test, I'm wide open for working with you!

Thank you all for reading this and your input! Happy New Year to You All! - cgarduc1

This is the conversation so far from REDDIT...

Thread: Halo Campaign 'Offline' (even tho EVERYTHING is PAID, Up to Date, NO Errors... but still 'Offline'. 343? Anyone?

Hi All!

You know the UPPER RIGHT-HAND Corner of the Screen where the small 'offline' shows? The one that keeps you SIGNED OUT of your Battlepass, even tho you are not even close to the expiration date?

Off and On the 'offline' shows up and EVEN THOUGH I'VE PAID FOR IT, when this 'gatekeeper' decides to... it will randomly, of it's own accord, just decide NOT to let me play the Campaign. (I'm already 1/3 thru it...)

Here's what I've done.

2. Troubleshoot my Local Network THREE TIMES with 100% accuracy. NO latency. NO Packet Loss

5. I'VE ALREADY TRIED THE 6 OR 7 'FIXES' LISTED ON THE INTERNET. (THAT DOESN'T WORK EITHER.)

EVERY XBox Game on the System works perfectly (Thank You Division 2! Never a problem!) with the EXCEPTION of Halo Infinite Campaign.

I have 40 years of IT experience and this issue is just 'lazy' (and costing them incoming dollars). This 'gatekeeper' problem should have NEVER been allowed to pass UAT.

If this doesn't get fixed (and consistently works) I guess I'll do what other Halo Players do... Shelve this Game and move on, with no more purchases to from 343 and/or Microsoft. I hate to do it, but...

343 if you're reading this and want to test, I'm wide open for working with you!

Thank you all for reading this and your input! Happy New Year to You All! - cgarduc1

Hi All!

Here's what I've done.

Comments
Edit Post
Save
Hide

Tip

25% Upvoted

Comment as cgarduc

Comment

Markdown Mode

Sort By: New

level 1
.1 hr. ago

[PC] R7 3700x | 3080Ti | 32GB RAM | 1440px | m&k

I'm confused by this post - not sure what you're upset about. The campaign puts you into "offline" mode because you cannot launch campaign with people in your fireteam. Campaign gameplay has no bearing on BP progression, so why would it matter if you are "online" or "offline" while playing campaign?

ReplyGive Award
ReportSave

Tip
Follow

level 2
cgarduc

OP.51 min. ago

Thank you, but don't be... I have no one in a 'Fireteam' with me or am tied to. What it looks like, even tho I'm SIGNED ON to my profile on the Xbox S, (and from there EVERY GAME works) but with Halo Infinite Campaign the detail of having the 'offline' message is that the GAME will NOT authenticate and tell the Halo Software that my GAME PASS (even tho it's paid up and not expired) that it needs to shift the software for the campaign to 'online' (IF it's 'online', my Gamer Tag and number replaces the 'offline' message.) Thank you for responding! :)

Save

Tip
EditFollow

level 3
.50 min. ago

So are you unable to play the campaign because of this?

ReplyGive Award
ReportSave

Tip
Follow

level 4
cgarduc

OP.12 min. ago

Yes. Unable.

This is what I do to get on the game...

1. Power ON the Xbox S

2. At the 'Who's Playing Today' my default profile (only one I've ever used) displays. I press the 'A' Button to continue.

3. On the first Xbox screen 'Halo Infinite' is highlighted. I press the 'A' Button to continue.

4. The first Halo screen displays (shows options for Campaign, Multiplayer, etc.) 'OFFLINE' is displayed in the upper right corner where it (sometimes) should 'see' my GamePass and display my GamerTag, etc. (Yes, I own/bought the Campaign and have have played a third of it.) Pressing the 'Y' button next to the graphic below it, only takes me to a 'news' screen that has nothing to do with logging in. Selecting CAMPAIGN takes me to a Halo 'Splash Screen' with MasterChief and has the 'Buy' option to purchase the game. (Already have done this.)

5. Selecting any other options from the menu works as it should.

Save

Tip
EditFollow

level 5
.11 min. ago

This is MUCH more clear. Have you submitted a ticket to 342 on their support site?

Vote
ReplyGive Award
ReportSave

Tip
Follow

level 6
cgarduc

OP.5 min. ago

I couldn't find anything for doing that. BTW, my screenshot is probably at the top of this thread. :)

Save

Tip
EditFollow