It's going to be hard to buy CEA, even at the reduced price.

I can't tell you guys how excited I was when I heard the very first rumor about a ce remake. I had my hopes up even though at that point it could have been total bs. Then I see on a few websites that it's been confirmed. So I'm all excited watching e3 waiting for it to show something about it. Then I heard the bad news. Halo CEA multiplayer will run on reachs' engine. I was crushed.

The way I see it is; if you look on the bungie forums at any given point in time, there's at least one if not a dozen post complaining about reach. Granted it's just peoples opinions, but it's a lot of peoples opinions.

Reach is suffering 343i, be merciful and let it die.

• Like 1

the reason they are using reach's engine is because they don't want the halo population split between two games. plus halo reach has around 30-50k people online and halo 3 is barely alive. not that i don't like halo 3 because personally i love it. but the majority like reach multiplayer just how it is.

P.S- i wish it had halo cea multiplayer

Reach has over 100k people online whenever I'm on. And yeah, nobody would play the Reach one. They want to keep it alive. And what's wrong with Reach? It's a great game. I love the multiplayer. So what if there are AA's, it makes it so you have to think more while fighting, not just walk around and spam your AR or Magnum.

• Like 2

people will complain about anything no matter how good it is, reach is a great game and i think adding halo ce map will make it better and not to mention they will probably make the classic playlist better or maybe make a new playlist so CEA is gonna be an easy buy for me, i'd even buy it it it was a full priced game

I can't tell you guys how excited I was when I heard the very first rumor about a ce remake. I had my hopes up even though at that point it could have been total bs. Then I see on a few websites that it's been confirmed. So I'm all excited watching e3 waiting for it to show something about it. Then I heard the bad news. Halo CEA multiplayer will run on reachs' engine. I was crushed.

The way I see it is; if you look on the bungie forums at any given point in time, there's at least one if not a dozen post complaining about reach. Granted it's just peoples opinions, but it's a lot of peoples opinions.

Reach is suffering 343i, be merciful and let it die.

I could not agree more. I initially thought the use of the "Reach" engine was a reference to the graphics software. People think it will split the population, Reach as it is, did just that! I feel your loss of hope. What an epic fail 343!

I could not agree more. I initially thought the use of the "Reach" engine was a reference to the graphics software. People think it will split the population, Reach as it is, did just that! I feel your loss of hope. What an epic fail 343!

Well, if there is 120K users on Reach and 25K on H3, I wouldnt call that a split. It's more like the majority moved on to the new platform and a few others are stuck in the past and cant handle change. 343i said from the get go that HCEA will include some classic maps, not a entire multiplayer system. To most people of averege intellegence, that means the new maps will be played on REACH, stop crying cause your preciouse H3 is dead and its time to move on, Halo is evolving, period. Stop cying to everyone about how you cant handle playing a game with AA involved. We dont even know if the new maps will have AA in them. Do you usualy expect the worst out of everything?

Well, if there is 120K users on Reach and 25K on H3, I wouldnt call that a split. It's more like the majority moved on to the new platform and a few others are stuck in the past and cant handle change. 343i said from the get go that HCEA will include some classic maps, not a entire multiplayer system. To most people of averege intellegence, that means the new maps will be played on REACH, stop crying cause your preciouse H3 is dead and its time to move on, Halo is evolving, period. Stop cying to everyone about how you cant handle playing a game with AA involved. We dont even know if the new maps will have AA in them. Do you usualy expect the worst out of everything?

First......This is a direct copy and paste from Bungie News at the end of the first week of play on Reach......

70 Million+ Games have been played

235 Million+ Player-Games have been played

2 Million+ Files have been uploaded to File Shares

5,901 man-years have been spent in online Reach games (sorry, Corporate America!)

20 Million Daily challenges have been completed

709,840 Weekly challenges have been completed

165 Billion Credits have been earned

.......a mere single digit fraction of that still play the game. A majority of people who tried the game left it.

Second......343 Ind. themselves have stated that the game, ie. maps, will become part of the Reach play list and be incorporate into the regular game types. With only one limited "Classic" playlist without AA. Listen to the original OP, me and others when we say we wanted a game that was going to return to it's roots, as promised. Here is a copy and paste of a HBO/343 Inds. interview.

HBO: What's in the package for $40? One disc, or two? Are multiplayer and campaign separated like ODST, or are both on one disc, allowing switching in a lobby instead of swapping discs? The Reach DLC is not included - but are the original Reach multiplayer maps? If the only Halo game you owned was Halo: Anniversary, what could you play, exactly?

343i: This will be one retail disc, 39.99, everything launches out of one menu. It's kind of like a one-disc ODST - obviously it doesn't have the other DLC, because most people who buy this are going to have Reach already.

It just has the 7 new maps - Reach's original multiplayer maps are not included.

If you just have Reach, and you don't want to play this, we will make these available for separate purchase eventually. We're not saying how long 'eventually' is right now, but it's not an amount of time that will upset anyone.

There will be a playlist for just these maps. Reach players will be able to directly play seamlessly in that playlist, and those maps will also be integrated into other playlists. We'll try and make a very central place to play just these maps, so there'll be a good population, but eventually they'll end up in all lists. We're going to do significant stuff with matchmaking playlists to make sure that these are respectful of original system link-type games. You know how there's a Classic playlist right now? Imagine that, but plus-plus, and some other stuff we can't talk about right now.

Reach has over 100k people online whenever I'm on. And yeah, nobody would play the Reach one. They want to keep it alive. And what's wrong with Reach? It's a great game. I love the multiplayer. So what if there are AA's, it makes it so you have to think more while fighting, not just walk around and spam your AR or Magnum.

Support.

I would hate to see what happend to Halo 3 happen to Halo: Reach.

I went on to Halo 3 to get the Nameplate, and I saw 5000 people online. It's just sad. Also, if we have Halo: Reach graphics, it means it will be the same controls. I personally am better than most MLG players, but when I went back to Halo 3 I sucked ass. (even if i did get 2 no-scope headshots, but that wasn't skill like in Halo: Reach, it was luck)

So what im asking, 343, dont change the controls (also in Halo 4), so you can go back to Halo: Reach and just kick ass liike you do in Halo CEA/ Halo 4.

/endrant

Halo: CEA has an option on the disc called Reach Multiplayer. This is what you use to play those maps from that disc. It connects directly to Reach's multiplayer, so you can play with them from a different disc. It is using all of Reach's multiplayer, same maps, different multiplayer (from the original CE).

lol averege intellegence, huh?

I can and do handle playing a game with armor abilities. I'm sorry you were bad at halo 3 and you like the minimal skill gap in halo reach. halo reach is full of bungie gimmicks just to make a buck. the fact that you like reach makes it sound like you're retarded. I agree halo 3 is dead, the only things left are cheaters and hosty mexicants. Plain and simple, halo reacharound is the worst halo to date.

When I heard about the CE remake I just assumed it would have online multiplayer on the actual CE game engine. Apparently, that's just too much to ask. I honestly can't believe they would be stupid enough to ONLY remake campaign, and have multiplayer run off the reach engine. They're just losing money.

I'm not sure if I'll buy this game yet, I have a perfectly good copy of CE right next to me.

the reason they are using reach's engine is because they don't want the halo population split between two games. plus halo reach has around 30-50k people online and halo 3 is barely alive. not that i don't like halo 3 because personally i love it. but the majority like reach multiplayer just how it is.

P.S- i wish it had halo cea multiplayer

halo 3 used to have hundreds of thousands of people on at any time! and before reach (3years) Halo had more than 200,000 players on... And reach is struggling to get 150,000 in the first year...Sad sad sad

First......This is a direct copy and paste from Bungie News at the end of the first week of play on Reach......

70 Million+ Games have been played

235 Million+ Player-Games have been played

2 Million+ Files have been uploaded to File Shares

5,901 man-years have been spent in online Reach games (sorry, Corporate America!)

20 Million Daily challenges have been completed

709,840 Weekly challenges have been completed

165 Billion Credits have been earned

.......a mere single digit fraction of that still play the game. A majority of people who tried the game left it.

Second......343 Ind. themselves have stated that the game, ie. maps, will become part of the Reach play list and be incorporate into the regular game types. With only one limited "Classic" playlist without AA. Listen to the original OP, me and others when we say we wanted a game that was going to return to it's roots, as promised. Here is a copy and paste of a HBO/343 Inds. interview.

HBO: What's in the package for $40? One disc, or two? Are multiplayer and campaign separated like ODST, or are both on one disc, allowing switching in a lobby instead of swapping discs? The Reach DLC is not included - but are the original Reach multiplayer maps? If the only Halo game you owned was Halo: Anniversary, what could you play, exactly?

343i: This will be one retail disc, 39.99, everything launches out of one menu. It's kind of like a one-disc ODST - obviously it doesn't have the other DLC, because most people who buy this are going to have Reach already.

It just has the 7 new maps - Reach's original multiplayer maps are not included.

If you just have Reach, and you don't want to play this, we will make these available for separate purchase eventually. We're not saying how long 'eventually' is right now, but it's not an amount of time that will upset anyone.

There will be a playlist for just these maps. Reach players will be able to directly play seamlessly in that playlist, and those maps will also be integrated into other playlists. We'll try and make a very central place to play just these maps, so there'll be a good population, but eventually they'll end up in all lists. We're going to do significant stuff with matchmaking playlists to make sure that these are respectful of original system link-type games. You know how there's a Classic playlist right now? Imagine that, but plus-plus, and some other stuff we can't talk about right now.

I still dont see the problem here.....Classic play list, what else do you want? A complete new set of servers for an entirely new MP system? I dont think it would be in the company's best intrest to put that much into this project. They are giving us exactly what they said they would, Halo:CE with better graphics and some classic maps to play. There will be a playlist with out AA, and the maps will also be integrated into the rest of the playlists as well. I dont see a problem here....looks like they are trying to make as many people happy as they can, thats just good business.

lol averege intellegence, huh?

Yeah, average.

I can and do handle playing a game with armor abilities.

Then whats the problem if you are so good at reach? Does it usualy piss you off to be good at something you dont like?

I'm sorry you were bad at halo 3 and you like the minimal skill gap in halo reach.

Um, I enjoy H3 just as much as any other Halo title. I play at about the same level on both games,

I just know how to adjust from one thing to another. Reach took me a while to get used to tho, to be honest.

But, I didnt just start trashing it on game forums. No need to appologize for for assuming I dislike or was bad at H3. You could however, apologize for being a tool.

halo reach is full of bungie gimmicks just to make a buck.

Isnt that the point of any business, to make a buck?

gim.****/ˈgimik/Noun: A trick or device intended to attract attention, publicity, or business.

I didnt see any tricks or devices surrounding Reach that made you buy the game. Are you just mad cause you didnt get H3 in a new shiney Reach Box?

the fact that you like reach makes it sound like you're retarded.

Um, this comment shows your level of intellegence. I like both games, I think I liked H3 alittle better, the ranking system is way better than the Cr garbage in Reach. Due to the Cr system when someone tells me they are some high rank in reach, I dont give them any credit what-so-ever, all it means is they played the game alot.

I agree halo 3 is dead, the only things left are cheaters and hosty mexicants. Plain and simple, halo reacharound is the worst halo to date.

Halo 3 is dead, it has ran its life span. Nothing lives forever.

How do people cheat on Halo? I thought if you run a modded xbox you got bricked, am I wrong? Oh, and is that a racist comment? What exactly is a mexicant? I never said Reach was the best Halo ever, but not the worst game I have played, the best games I have played in my lifetime are all Halo games. One last thing, "Halo Reacharound"? Wow, now that doesnt sound retarded at all, grow up, kiddo. I guess you will be mad now cause someone doesnt agree with you, right?

I still dont see the problem here.....Classic play list, what else do you want? A complete new set of servers for an entirely new MP system? I dont think it would be in the company's best intrest to put that much into this project. They are giving us exactly what they said they would, Halo:CE with better graphics and some classic maps to play. There will be a playlist with out AA, and the maps will also be integrated into the rest of the playlists as well. I dont see a problem here....looks like they are trying to make as many people happy as they can, thats just good business.

Well, when they added a "Classic" playlist to Reach it eventually lost population and was then removed. I am not implying that 343 Ind. would do the same, but the hope was the CEA was going to have a muliplayer that played like the original. It was my foolish thought and hope. I appreciate what they are doing, I truly do. I was just so fed up with Reach that when I originally heard the news I got very excited. I am certain others did too. They are doing there best and I will back off on the criticism of CEA. That prior post was just showing what happened to the Halo population after Reach hit and then became a reality.

I will state this now, but keep it to yourself. I will buy CEA and financially support 343 Ind. in there quest to continue the series. (God that was painful) I just ask them to really listen to the community, all of us, not just those that think as I do, and consider it as they develop Halo 4. That is all I can ask.

shut up. reach is a garbage game, no way around it

people will complain about anything no matter how good it is, reach is a great game and i think adding halo ce map will make it better and not to mention they will probably make the classic playlist better or maybe make a new playlist so CEA is gonna be an easy buy for me, i'd even buy it it it was a full priced game

I have to agree. If something is bad, their is more chance of someone posting about it then if something is good. The people who enjoy reach are playing it right now, but the people who dont like it are on their computers right now writing about how bad it is...