Halo 4 armor custimization!

Darren Stallcup

custimization has always been a key feature in the halo series, however is that just it? just the same old custimize your guy's apperance? 343 If your reading this i want you to know that that dosent have to be the same old thing. I was reading a couple of article's on the forum's and realized, why cant our armor have a roll in the battlefield? yeah, yeah, the mojority of you will hate this idea. but it dosent have to be like that. think of all the possibility's. there endless. so i just want hear some of your guy's idea's.

i think armour can have minor changes like faster reload, weapon swap ect. nothing to major and helmets could change the HUD look. but trust me, the new halo 4 customization is going to be more in depth

Nothing major? All the examples you listed are completely game changing abilities.

Nothing major? All the examples you listed are completely game changing abilities.

i ment like, the speed of reload: 0.03 seconds faster? swap time maybe 0.2 seconds faster? there not that bad. and when you think about it, it adds personalization to your Spartan because each Spartan is good at something.

I suggested this with Halo Reach before the games release, after E3. 94% of the people nearly tore my flamesuit.

i ment like, the speed of reload: 0.03 seconds faster? swap time maybe 0.2 seconds faster? there not that bad. and when you think about it, it adds personalization to your Spartan because each Spartan is good at something.

the one issue is that the really good armor would be the only thing used.

Armor could be like pros and cons. With the previous example of faster reload. Maybe the armor would give you faster reload and then a little less shields. Say 7% less.

But if this was an option of "evening" it out. Then I suggest that it would be an optional thing so that people can wear the armor they want and not have the benefits/drags that the armor gives out normally.

No.

Terrible, TERRIBLE idea. There will ALWAYS be one piece of armor that is superior to every other piece of armor in that specific section leading to Halo 4 turning into attack of the clones and every noob who uses armor bonuses as a crutch, and trust me, noobs outnumber casuals/hardcore gamers. It happens in nearly every game that includes armor bonuses/perks or whatever.

Everybody should be equal, this game should be based on skill and not what armor you wear. That's exactly what went wrong with Halo Reach. Half the game is based on what armor ability you choose.

Terrible idea, excuse me if i dont want the same experence again and again. after reach,im tired of spawning chosong my load out searching for weapons and then dying. halo is fun and all but they really need to imploment something new. one of the fine gentlemen up there sudgested evening thing out with the armor efects. fine idea if you ask me. so0 maybe if you had grenadier armor you recieve 25% less damage from grenades but are 25% more vurnirable to plasma weopons or machine guns or something. anything as simple as that. just becuase the armor has new affects on gameplay does nnot mean they dont have cons. i also like this idea becuase it make the battle more intence. who wants the same old spray and pray then melee? say you had jump-jey shoulders on, that would mean your jet pack takes less fuel to power but makes your movement reduced to a lower speed. say you had incliment weather, that means when somebodys next to you there shield decrease a little but it also mean you take more damage. these are just exsamples but i greatly suggest to 343 that this feature be included. and the hud idea simply amazing.

No. They should only be implemented as cosmetic features. Changing the way the HUD looks is fine but adding effects to armor is basically keeping armor abilities. It's like catching a loose tiger in a neighborhood only to replace it with a lion.

I wouldn't say that's really true...if I had an armor setting which say, IDK, gives me +5% shields but 10% less health, and represents this change by a slight cosmetic change to my armor, are you going to say this is a Reach style armor ability? If I unlock an attachment which gives me 5 more shotgun shells in battle, are you going to say this is an armor ability? How about something which makes my melee lunge distance bigger?

There are a whole lot of things 343 can do with armor customization which would not necessarily resemble Reach's AA's. I think the abilities that Reach had should return but not as "Loadouts". Sprint should return but be universal, JetPacks should be modified as thrusters and return but be Universal (I could elaborate on that but it'd take awhile), Bubble Shield should be equipment, Hologram should be equipment, Camo should be a powerup and Armor Lock? AHHH! Just give us Over Shield as a power up too! I want my Red and Blue orbs or Triangles back!