Halo 3 Recon Armor For Everyone

Spectral Jester

halo3_52063761_Medium.jpg

As part of the final transition of Halo services, 343 will begin unlocking Halo 3 Recon armor for all Halo 3 players in the very near future. This process, which will be done in waves, is expected to last several days. As always, thank you for your patience, and 343 will have more details for you next week.

• Like 2

I only had one vidmaster left and that was to complete the Halo 3 campaign with 4 people on legendary using the ghosts (I think). Nobody on my friendslist really played Halo 3 as much anymore (Nobody wanted to do vidmaster), so I couldn't do it. At least now I can get it but I would have prefered to have earned it as I feel it shows accomplishment and by that it makes to you feel good.

The Recon armor looks cool. It kinda looks like the one from Reach a little. Alot of people are using that helmet now.

That's why I'd prefere to only use the Recon chest piece, and just default for everything else. I kinda wish they didn't give it to everybody but I understand that there was no point in not giving the armour out to all since Halo 3 is quite an old-ish game now.

• Like 1

Well, i can't get online to get recon, but after this is over i can still get online and it will get unlocked? (my halo 3 disk is messed up i have to buy another).

Yes, you should still be able to get it with no problem.

I think that it is an ok idea but why didnt they just unlock flaming armor for us and bring back double xp weekends? I spent 4 months trying to unlock those vidmasters and when I finally unlocked endure I was the happiest person on the planet. I can see how well that 343 are trying to say "we are trying to be like bungie" but bungie wouldnt have unlocked recon for everyone for more than 24 hours. Plus when my friend got recon without getting a single vidmaster, he claimed that he was like "MLG Pro" which ticked me off because he went 9:20 to RECRUITS and he is a lieutenant. I just think people like me who unlocked recon could've have gotten the flaming chestplate instead of something we already had

For the people who EARNED recon, I think they should get a special armor/something cool In Halo4, I see this in other games(similar) It would be nice. WE EARNED RECON! WASTED OUR LIVES! ENDURE! BRUTE CHIEFTANS!

I knew eventually we'ed get free Recon. So I never went after the Vidmasters. And then what do you know? We all get free Recon. :)

• Like 1