Why chance a winning system

Halodude34

Since Reach was the most played online Halo. Why chance the weapon input? There is not one weapon which can counter the sword properly, like the shotgun in reach. I honestly think infinte will be a great game. But there is a lot to chance to make it perfect. Lets take the maps for example. It doesn't feel like the great map making, which u have in halo 3 or even reach. Maybe Im to focused on the old halos but why chance a winning system? The perks are kinda unbalanced too. 

Love Halo and just want to have a better game experience.

In my opinion the shotgun was also overpowered, could one shot on every hit, not only the sword carrier. 

As for the counter the sword, either: 

- Use the grappling hook to steal the sword directly from their hands
- Get a sticky on the carrier
- Use the repulsor tactically
- Just basically outsmart the carrier, don't rush into them and avoid the tight hallways

Most sword carriers use the same tactics, they'll hide in obvious corners or try to lure you.
Whenever someone drops one shot at you and runs away you'll have to consider this as a lure tactic.

I dont want to be rude but outsmarting is not an opinion most of the time because of the radars nerf. Also if everybody can sprint the sword is probably THE most overpowered weapon on close range maps (ecept the skewer). And you cant just stand on open field so you have to go around corners 😄

For the shotgun: you had to be very close to one shot an enemy tho. The next problem is that most of the time there is just one power weapon on the whole map. 

I know it's a new game but why dropping it with no chances. Multiplayer is  like it is in the beta. As I said I know it's new but still they had every mode ready on release of all the other halos. I'm dissapointed.

It's true that the sword one hit you yes, but that's totally fine because the sword has a high risk high reward playing style. 
In addition, the sword has only what 4 or 5 hits anyway. In those sword-maps your best bet is to stick with the team whenever your team doesn't have the sword and try to defend or to get the kill trade.

As far as outsmarting goes, this is the 10 point shortlist I'm using for defense.
Some even can be combined for peak performance

- A sword carrier has to come to you it's not the other way around
- Most sword players hide in obvious spots, avoid those or preemptively grenade them
- Use the 'Mangler' for a 1 shot & 1 melee hit or 3 Headshot kill trade (this is in my opinion by far the best sword counter weapon).
- Use cover to your advantage, as an example, learn the clamber drop clamber when and where it's possible
- Stick to high ground, sword lunges can't be performed from below without hitting the wall like 95% of the time
- Learn and use curb slides to outrun a pursuing sword carrier
- Learn where and which jumps you can perform to decrease travel time and flank/lose the carrier
- Make use of ledged above to bounce grenades back behind you
- Use the grappling hook as intended in other words, steal the sword away from them
- Tactically time a repulsor strike

Most importantly: 
Learn how to patience yourself and not be tempted to go after the sword carrier yourself... alone!