Halo 4 should have a first person vehicle view

dagerm852

this has been asked multiple times and i disagree every time.

I prefer Third person warthog driving with a first person sense of driving, to me that's the perfect driving and for halo it should not change. More for tradition then it playing much better, with 3rd person you can see waht you hit from anywhere, from first person you can really only see infront of you.

• Like 3

Maybe a first-person, but that's going off Halo. Halo is unique with its third-person driving and any thing beyond that is going off Halo. They have this in Halo CEA when you're the passenger in a warthog however, but to me that's a far as it goes.

• Like 2

I like the third-person view. You don't want the view to be like all the other games, you want it to stay Halo. Third person is also easier, so that you can look behind you while your in the driver seat

I'll sum up a personal pros/cons list for (or without) this feature.

+ Adds a sense of realism

+ Brings you closer to the combat, perhaps making it more intense

- Gives you less control over the vehicle

- Would be changing a huge aspect of the game, perhaps too much of a risk

Of course, this is a very superficial list, it's hard to go into depth of which feature is better when the no one has tried it before.

If anything, we go back to CE with the passenger in first person

I would like to have the option however, it would make you feel so much more into the game

and it would make kickass machinimas as well!

have it as an option, so you please both crowds ^_^

Pretty good debate so far. I can see that you're leaning towards the first person aspect. Your post "a little change won't hurt anyone", could go in both directions. Just take into example Halo: Reach, and Halo 3. A lot of people didn't like Reach because of all the changes made in the game (AA's, weapons, bloom, etc..) I personally think they add some variety to the game so you have to adapt, but I still really do enjoy playing Halo 3.

I'm with most people on this one though, I think that Halo 4 should just stick to third-person, just as many other people have said.

BUT

If 343i are thinking of implementing a first-person view, then it should DEFINITELY be optional as to whether you want to click a button for third-person, then switch back to first-person.

-MaGIIXz

• Like 1

A first person view for vehicles? For what? lol whats wrong with third person view I mean you could see what goes on around you. When I was playing BF I couldn't even Drift or Dodge away a blast from a tank with their Doom buggy like car Lol because of the first person.

OK well this relates to the vehicles in general more than to the first person view directly but.............. I think that more work should be done on the vehicles as a whole. IMO, the vehicular control and the feel of driving has been too "arcadey" for a game that looks so good and with so many details. Idc about the fiction of why the warthog has the grip of a velcrow on a pond of crazy glue, and then you hit the brakes and it deploys marbles under your own tires. Changing the performance on the vehicles might fit in with the feel and fiction of the game. i think that it would be cool if you had to focus on something other than not hitting debris in your path to get where you want to go in the shortest amount of time. Like the patch of sand ahead and how it might make you slide too far on your turn and into the wall, and if and when you do hit it, it would hurt. I think impact in vehicles should hurt the vehicle and the people inside more dramatically. IMO it could be a blast without the constant sense of death grip control you have right now. AND....burnouts. This opens up so many different modes and games when not everyone is the perfect driver. Drag races and drifting and who can make the biggest 11's and having a team driver in games.

OF COURSE this could all be being done right now and bunches of fun on wheels is awaiting us in halo 4. just a thought

ike other people have said the best route is to have the choice.

Vehicles have always been a blast in Halo for me, but actually having gotten into Battlefield with Bad Company and BF3 on the consoles, that stuff really shows you how intense and immersive having the first person take on Vehicles is. Driving a tank in BF is such an effing blast, but being able to switch into 3rd person is also really cool and helpfull. I think Halo can be the same way.

I think the trend should just be more towards first person in general, but ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS give people that choice. After all, having 3rd person vehicles, turrets, is pretty well established and its cool to be able to actually look at your stuff and get that peripheral view. At the same time, Halo was conceived as a first person game for a reason, and even though I will always be a Halo fan over any other series, Battlefields 1st person assassinations > Reach's 3rd person assassinations and Battlefield 1st person Tank > Reach 3rd person Tank.