How do you think AA should be implemented?

JayJ47

Assuming that Armour Abilities are going to be included how do you think they should be changed in order to work better in the Halo sandbox?

I personally think that they should perhaps remove a few and work with 2 or 3 for example maybe have Sprint, Dropshield(or Roll) and Jetpack as these are the ones which make small changes to the gameplay that have only a small impact. By having less abilities that only give you a slight advantage in certain situations they can easily balance them and make them work well in the maps.

Please remember that this is only my opinion so can we keep this friendly. And also this is my first ever post so I hope it will be the first of many.

Hi, JayJ47. :welcome: Welcome to the community. Just wanted to quickly suggest that you should introduce yourself more formerly in our Introductions/Goodbyes forum if you haven't done so already. ^_^

On topic:

I believe you have a point about using AAs that don't have huge, potentially game-changing effects, but I don't think the Jetpack should be included in that grouping.

Your suggestions for keeping Drop Shield, Evade and Sprint are good, and I think Hologram should be included as well. These are four abilities that do not keep an individual from harm by hiding him/her, or by tossing up an impregnable shield around them, nor do they allow an individual to relocate to areas that may be inaccessible to those on foot. Those three (Active Camo, Armor Lock and Jetpack), to me, were always the major issue, especially when an entire team takes the same one.

Example: An entire team takes Active Camo and camps; the opposing team finds themselves playing "Hide-and-Go-Seek" with a team of ghosts. It sounds cool for the Active Camo team, but it's really no fun for the other guys, and will likely contribute to any negative feelings toward the game as a whole. And of course, there's the possibility of both teams using that tactic, but what happens then? The two teams skulk around in Active Camo trying to "feel out" the other team over the course of the match? I'm sure it appeals to someone out there, but I'd find it incredibly boring for a game that was meant to be fast-paced and amazing just to watch.

Regarding the balancing of the harmless AAs (Drop Shield, Evade, Hologram and Sprint): I think they're already pretty well-balanced against one another. I feel, though, that if there's one problem with these four, it's that they may not have enough of an impact on a match to be worthwhile. :mellow:

Anyway, that's my two cents. Twam bless you! :yes

First off, Welcome to the Community! :laughing:

Now onto the topic. in another thread, there is some discussion about whether or not to keep AA's ( a lot of threads actually), and i have thought a lot about how to implement it. 343 could create multiplayer into 2 major playlists: Classic and Regular. Both modes would have the exact same gametypes (Team Slayer, Big Team, etc.) but Classic would not use AA's while Regular would. i personally feel like this would be a good way to allow some players who like classic to enjoy the game without robbing those who enjoyed the AA's from an aspect of the game.

Let me know what you guys think! :gathering:

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. :laughing:

@Father Bullet:

I agree with you 100% that Armour Lock should be taken out even though I have no strong feeling against it I do think that having an ability that outright makes you able to survive anything isn't very fun even when I'm using it. As for the Jetpack I am a little torn as I did to an exten enjoy using it but at the same time I prefer having to move about the battlefield on foot in order to flank and out gun the enemy. I didn't think of hologram when I posted this but I agree that it could be included as well as it doesn't have a massive impact on the game.

As for them not having enough of an impact well to be honest i'd rather they not have too much of an impact but rather be a little extra boost when you need it like for example if you were playing CTF and you wanted to get to the flag faster you would use sprint but if you were playing Slayer and your team is pinned down you could use drop shield to give you a little time to react. They may not have massive impacts but I kind of like that.

@Krinn3

I was thinking of this when I posted the topic and I think it could very well work the only issue I can see is that it might split the community in half in a way. By that I mean if you had one playlist that is classic but you prefer playing with AAs then you might be part of a minority and they may be less players in your playlist, that being said Halo is very popular so it might not have a massive impact.

@DoctorB77

Saying thrusters has given me an idea actually. What would you guys say that instead of Jetpack you get the thrusters like Master Chief used in the E3 trailer and it will basically give you an extra boost to your jump allowing you to do a double jump in a way and gain more height. Sorta like doing a grenade jump but you would use your AA to do it. I can see it having advantages and being useful while not being too OP.

(I was going to multi-quote but that would have been a long post)

well we really don't know if AA's are going to be implemented or not, i don't think 343 is going to add them in because half the community hates them more than the other half likes them. Halo 3 had something similar to AA's called equipment, you didn't spawn with equipment and you can only use it once. I loved the idea because it made objective games more strategic and i would love to see equipment brought back to Halo 4. I think that's what 343 is doing since they said they are

"rebooting" the series. Halo reach, ODST and Halo Wars are not a part of the main series, they are spinoffs. Because of this i don't that many gameplay mechanics will be taken from reach.

Assuming that Armour Abilities are going to be included how do you think they should be changed in order to work better in the Halo sandbox?

I personally think that they should perhaps remove a few and work with 2 or 3 for example maybe have Sprint, Dropshield(or Roll) and Jetpack as these are the ones which make small changes to the gameplay that have only a small impact. By having less abilities that only give you a slight advantage in certain situations they can easily balance them and make them work well in the maps.

Please remember that this is only my opinion so can we keep this friendly. And also this is my first ever post so I hope it will be the first of many.

it seems as though sprint is becoming a default option so we cant really change how thats implemented. i think they should trash armor lock, evade, and invisibility. Fix jetpack to become thrusters/boosters, or more like a double jump, and put that, as well as some equipment from Halo 3, and hologram, on the maps as pick ups like the equipment in Halo 3. that would be alot better, rather then spawn with them, and it calls for a more strategic game.