Imago

Redemption1272

reach_27336532_Full-1.jpg

DL: http://www.bungie.ne...=Redemption1272

Welcome Halo fans to one of my most recent creations from the AllSpark team! After making so many maps and seeing each and every little thing that goes on during gameplay, I knew that to get a map in matchmaking once and for all I had to do constant testing. This map has seen so much testing and so many various players from Semi-pro coaches to community leaders and dedicated forgers who have strong ethics in map knowledge. Each with various comments on what could be changed and what needed to be added but above all comments from my team leader and team-members I have valued the most.

The design is inspired by several maps, some past maps I did as well as some maps that we currently see on the MLG playlist. The aesthetic design however has been of my own making, I was inspired to do a more circular design and tried to avoid doing boxed-natured rooms. So I decided to have small circular inclines as part of the theme for the map, I had also created a wall that curved outwards at top gold for more originality. Almost all rocks have been placed strategically for movement, as well as additions done to cover since last testing session.

Although the map may seem large, 4v4 is fast-paced with various line of sight while still having comfortable positioning in spawning conditions. The power position people traditionally like to utilize is top Gold (orange balcony), mostly because of the lines of sight that connect it to the rest of the map. On the other hand, all the weapons are scattered elsewhere away from the position making it easy to break the position because of movement and access. Top green is where the rockets a located but directly under the rockets is green tunnel which is considered the safe room, but with safety comes a price. Green tunnel can become prone to grenade traps and with rockets directly above it can be quite uncomfrotable inside green tunnel. The towers in each base could also be considered a power position, but being so dangerously close to rockets and a flank jump from behind make it a hard pressed position to hold and can be vulnerable to sneak attack from either side.

This map features all symmetric gametypes and is also reccomended with MLG settings for a more desirable game. The weapon list as follows:

4 x DMR (Default setting)

3 x Needle rifle (Default setting)

4 x frag grenades (60 secs)

2 x Plasma grenades (60 secs)

4 x Health packs (Default setting)

2 x Plasma pistols (90 secs)

2 x Sniper rifles (1 clip at 120 secs)

1 x Grenade Launcher (100 secs at 2 clips)

1 x Rocket launcher (0 clip at 180)

Layout is easy to learn while at the same time difficult to master, key to winning a match is calling out and using teamwork to control the avenues of the map. In that regard it is literally impossible to control the whole map from one position without teamwork. So here is an overview of the layout:

reach_27346848_Full.jpg

Red initial spawn

reach_27331017_Full.jpg

Blue initial spawn

reach_27331014_Full.jpg

Red team sniper

reach_27331012_Full.jpg

Blue team sniper

reach_27331020_Full.jpg

Red tower

reach_27336533_Full.jpg

Blue tower

reach_27336527_Full.jpg

Red corner

reach_27336544_Full.jpg

Blue corner

reach_27336534_Full.jpg

Top green (rocket spawn)

reach_27336526_Full.jpg

Top gold (Health pack spawn)

reach_27336530_Full.jpg

Bottom gold (GL spawn)

reach_27336547_Full.jpg

Red courtyard

reach_27336539_Full.jpg

Blue courtyard

reach_27336543_Full.jpg

Camera loadout (Green tunnel, health pack and needle rifle location)

reach_27336532_Full.jpg

I would like to thank, Mt ragemore, Roug3, Noooch, A Haunted Army, Remember Isao, Zxample, Agentpapercraft, Secretschintzel, Coach energy, Xaudienceofone (yes you were there for the concept testing), xDTx kaos (I think) and 30 different people that I did testing with and recieved feedback. I cannot thank you enough for all you guys helping me test the map, my only hope is that this approves for matchmaking, I have done thorough FR tests under 2 player splitscreen with no FR drops under my observation. Given the amount of time spent on this map, I would be proud to say it is my best piece of work. Thank you and enjoy.

DL link: http://www.bungie.ne...=Redemption1272

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...