2012 "THE END OF THE WORLD"

Noahsammy99

This is unnessasary people, the world is NOT repeat NOT going to end any time soon. The people on tv are stupid for beliving the rumors, profaganda, the mayian calander and other bull crap on tv. The mayians dissapeared before they could finish the calanders. The people on Natinol Geographics are stupid. They drag they whole family into lock down mode and teach there 5 year old daughter how to fire a sniper rifle or a pistol. Discovery channel says "If you dont prepare for the end of this year you will die" and have a show called somthin bunker. Its about some guys who go to paranoid peoples houses to build them bunkers for an event thats not going to happen. The world is going to be poor by 2013 because everybody wasted there money on unnesesary survival gear. The world poor=economies crashing= NO VIDEOGAME MARKET= NO HALO. Stop before this **** gets out of hand and you ruin everyones dreams. SAVE HALO AND STOP GETTING PARANOID ABOUT 2012"THE END OF THE WORLD". The end of the world..... Yeah right. The end of the world my ass

• Like 1

It is really all just nonsense. The Mayans were gone before they finished it. Just cause a few dates line up, does not mean it is all gonna line up. To me, all the crap about the "End of the World", is really just something to get people all worried and to spend their money on a bunch of junk. OH, and by the way. The show is called " Doomsday Bunkers "

Just a load of rubbish I'm afraid. The people that believe this crap are the kind of people who think Gherkins are nice. The kind of people who think the TV show "New tricks" is good.

Plus, you need to fix your signature. At the moment it is uploaded, try getting it from another website.

It is really all just nonsense. The Mayans were gone before they finished it. Just cause a few dates line up, does not mean it is all gonna line up. To me, all the crap about the "End of the World", is really just something to get people all worried and to spend their money on a bunch of junk. OH, and by the way. The show is called " Doomsday Bunkers "

i agree zb thats exactly wut i mean

There are lots of sources predicting the end of the world (or the end of the world "as we know it"). And the dates on which these globe-shattering or world-changing events are supposed to happen simply don't corroborate each others' stories.

You want a list of possible (I use the term loosely) Doomsday events? http://www.wired.com...oomsday_pr.html I've gone through it a bit and some of the things I read there made me chuckle.

My 2 cents:

The end of the world. I scoff at the concept.

Now, the end of Humanity? That, boys and girls, I believe to be a very real danger. Look or listen hard enough and you can tell that it's happening in your own hometown. I won't get into the details of all the things I believe to be bringing about this end, but I will mention the potential consequences.

The end of civilization. The end of laws and rules. The end of rights and privileges. The end of freedom in its most basic form. The end of conscience. The end of everything that we consider to make us "better than" or "responsible for" this world and all things within it. The end of safety and security and trust in your fellow men and women. The end of being able to sleep without one eye open, and being able to live day to day without needing to have eyes in the back of your head.

It's a world where survival means more than just going to school, getting a job, and finding yourself someone to settle down with. It's a world where money means nothing, and everything has a price. It's a world where nothing's sacred, and the best things in life are no longer free. Where you and your family can be bought, sold, or disposed of just by being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Actually, the world might become a lot like the world in the Fallout series, with some obvious aesthetic differences. As fun as that might sound, surviving it in reality would be more difficult 100-fold. They would have to invent a new difficulty setting to accurately portray the difficulty of reality in those games. Like stepping out of the Vault and promptly taking a shotgun to the face. Gorram raiders. <_<

The Mayans didn't take into consideration Leap Year, which is relatively new. According to the Mayans (without leap year) the end of the world should've happened many years ago.

well actually the difference is 17 months, The addition of one day every four years for roughly 3,812 years, which does not apply to the Mayan calendar, adds up to around 953 extra days, which is around 31 extra Months or 2.6 years ( about 2 years, 7 Months ), today is March 21st 2012 according to the current calender, by my calculations it can be estimated that today, according to the Mayan Calender, which has no leap year, is around October-November 2014 (give or take a few days), the Apocalypse was 2 years and 7 months ago. Congrats everyone, we survived 2012! :D

Well I mean this topic has been debated a very substantial amount over and over again. You right in one way for sure though, people do make A LOT of money off of this. Let's take into example, Y2K. (Just for the purpose of trying to further your point, of the economy crashing).

Y2K in a nutshell

Now, with Y2K it was a supposed “Coding Error”. This malfunction was involving the use of 6 digits (dd/mm/yy) versus the 8 digit dates (dd/mm/yyyy). So let’s look at this (02/04/98) this means that it is the second day of the fourth month of the 98th year. So from this we can gather that it is April the second, but we do not know if it’s 1998 or 2098.

That was the main problem, people didn’t know if computers would crash or restart or send us back to the stone age to 1990. They didn’t know if we would go to 2000 or 1990. Now this was widespread and a whole bunch of assumptions were made like “The computers will malfunction and start firing off nukes WW3” or "Robots will become self aware and destroy humanity". These of course are crazy, but they do cause people to worry.

My purpose of explaining Y2K is just to understand the concept, now, as you said before The World Poor = Economies Crashing = No VideoGame Market = NO HALO. I’d just like to point out that with the Y2K scare, yes, people spent $$$ and some spent huge. They sold their homes stocked up on food and supplies and bought land and made bunkers in the west. BUT, there were some people that I guess you could say were “sensible” enough to continue living their lives. After the new year had passed and nothing had happened, the world economy didn’t go crashing down in an inferno. Yes, people’s lives were ruined because of all they gave up for canned food and shelter, and other people made a fortune out of that, but the world "rebounded".

Personally, I wouldn’t be too scared about the whole “2012” thing, the worlds end has been predicted before, and failed. I think the only reason to fret would be if that the end of the world was publically announced by high ranked authorities, not some conspiracy.

If you’re looking to fret about the world’s economy but erm, more importantly, Halo’s survival ;) don’t worry about it.

-MaGIIXz

• Like 1

OK. Here is what I know about this.

The whole 2012 thing was started by the Maya because the calender ends on Dec. 21st, 2012. They spoke of that day as "the end of the world." In Maya language, it also means "New beginning" and they believed that was when their god Quetzalcoatl, "The Feathered Serpent" would return. The Maya were astrologists and very good astronomers. On that date an event known as a galactic alignment will occur. This, to the Maya, was a signal to when their god would return

• 2 weeks later...