HALO 4 - POV

iTz RyBacK

Keep it original !

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Reach was a failure to the original Halo fans. Halo 1-3 Beast, competitive game. Keep the ranking system and fix the server issues. PLEASE NO stupid s#it like

Armor lock. That is not halo that is Reach.

To succeed in Halo 4, take everything everyone

Loved and make it better with gameplay, graphics and servers. Halo 2 was god, halo 3 was great. Make halo 4 a legend .

BR

Ranking system

NO ABILITES

Make it feel like halo not Reach

Great maps, incorporate halo maps but new

and finally

The Campaign

Do it right 343 and youll make a lot of money and keep the fans coming.

Ugh, another person that is stuck in the past of the trilogy. If they didn't change any of the game, it would be stale and old.

Reach was Halo, just not one you liked, please enlighten me on why armour abilities should be removed and how reach was a failure.

• Like 3

Welcome to the site but first a few things.

If you're an original Halo fan no Halo is a failure.

Dedicated servers are tricky with the Blam! based engine.

The BR is coming back as hitscan with recoil this time.

The ranking system means nothing.

Abilities have been confirmed as an evolution of the Reach system that was based on Halo 3 equipment.

Again, Reach is Halo.

Fresh non-campaign multiplayer maps have been confirmed.

I agree with you on campaign.

It's not about the money.

State your opinion as such and stow the belly aching, please read around and look for news, it is all over this site especially. If you want links I can provide them.

Welcome to the forums.

• Like 3

Reach was good, why complain because the ranking system wasn't 1-50? The system for halo 4 may not be 1-50, so don't complain about it.

DMR > BR, i liked the DMR, 1 shot weapon ZB settings = Godly, maybe halo 4 BR will change that.

1 and 2 were good, but IMO Reach > 3 Anyday.

• Like 3

First off, welcome to the forums.

How is reach a failure to halo fans? And how is it not Halo. Last time I checked Halo: Reach was definitely Halo.

So why don't you open your eyes. I can accept the fact that you don't like reach, but the fact that you are saying "it isn't halo," is completely wrong.

Tell me something wrong with armour abilites, other than "It isn't halo."

Luke

To everyone who complains about Halo 4 not being like "Halo" First of all the game is "HALO 4". Good luck taking the halo out of it and not just having a 4 at the end.

Secondly. There is a new invention that was created recently. I believe it is called a TOGGLE BUTTON.

DONT WORRY. THERE WILL BE PLAYLISTS FOR CLASSIC!!!

Explain more, and i Reach really didn't feel Halo about to me either but i enjoyed it, i want the feeling back in Halo4, but things change. I hope they don't make it worse, but better for all. Competitve ranking is probably back, because they built maps for "competetive play" in mind.

Whoever thinks reach had any competive aspect to it, your probably that half moon rank and get

smashed on by someone who was a legit 50. Playing to win via team out weighs indivisual point rank up. There is no bonus if you win, no desire to try hard when your team is slacking. If you get your own then who cares right ? The whole point of a first person shooter is to make you feel like you can make a difference.

Please do not state the obvious. Rank > point system any day. You want halo 4 to be competitive bring a ranking system that inspires competive players to compete. don't get it wrong, I love love love social. BTB is where it's at. I want it all, I want that reach around. Can't blam me for wanting what I'm used to. I'm old school fellas. Been around since halo 1.

Reach was not Halo. Halo encorporated similiar game play. Similar grenades, strafe, Br, rank system and so on. Reach, in my opinion was odst but with a quasi master chief look a like. No true strafe. What better satisfaction then to out br/DMR for you reach peeps when the dude has first shot. Strafe in 2 & 3 s#its on reach's stand still strafe. Because the game has HALO on it doesn't mean it's halo. Sorry man. Put in halo 1-3 play for a day then put in odst then reach. Tell me there the same game. Similiar weapons, enemies and maps, that's all.

Like I said in my first post. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Update the graphics new maps hell add new weapons and vehicles. Keep the feel the same. Stick with the fundamentals that made halo the best first person shooter game. Stick with your roots and you'll only grow stronger and taller.

Hit me up for halo 3 customs.

iTzRyBacK

aka Casey F#cking Ryback

• Like 1

abilities should be pick up only. Halo 3 aced that out the gates. Easy to work with, everyone wanted them, so you knew where the fight was.

And how come it feels like in Reach, ( I would never dilute halo's name by placing that sweet virgin in front of that last minute put together trash of a game called reach ) . How come it felt like it took forever to kill someone ?? Add a little lag and change the name to, Fight of The Titans ??

Reach = Hard to come by talented players.

hello hater #9000,

you are complaining (like all the other haters) about halo not feeling like halo anymore.But think about this what if they did keep the old halo 3 stuff... People like you would just complain about the lack of change and its just a copy of halo 3 and 343i is unoriginal... Am I right?

• Like 3

Despite what you may believe, Halo: Reach is, in fact a Halo game. Why is this?

Halo: Reach takes place in the exact same universe as the other Halo titles. It features the same types of weapons, enemies, vehicles, and the story of Halo: Reach is grounded in the Halo universe. So yes, it is a Halo game. Just because Halo: Reach decided to change some things about the Halo gameplay that we've been used to does not mean that it isn't Halo. I play Halo: Reach, and it still feels very much like a Halo game to me. There are still plenty of similar gameplay elements in Halo: Reach. Perhaps you're just not looking properly or at the right things to see this.

• The energy shields.
  • The weapon sandbox (guns, grenades, and the functions for armour abilties).
  • The vehicles.
  • The floaty jumping.
  • Forge.
  • Theater/Saved Films.
  • Firefight.
  • The epic campaign which spans a good 6 to 10 hours.
  • The emotionally driven music.
  • The slew of customization options, multiplayer options, and matchmaking playlists.
  • The customization of your individual player character to make you truly you.

I could go on, but I think you get the point. There is still very much that is similar between Halo: Reach and past Halo games.

Like Peanut said. If Halo: Reach had stuck with the exact same formula, people would have still complained. There would have been many complaints from people about how the game was just like Halo 2 and Halo 3, how it didn't change anything, how there wasn't any reason to play it because it played just like previous games. No, they're not the same game. You know what though? That's a good thing. If I wanted to play the same exact style of gameplay as Halo 2 or Halo 3, I'd play one of those games. I play a new game to...you know...actually play a new game. I don't want the experience to be exactly the same as previous entries. There's already a series that does that, and it's called Call of Duty. Do you really want Halo to follow more closely in the footsteps of it and release a game that has the exact same type of gameplay in each entry?

Doing that will quickly cause stagnation, and will also lead to a lot of hate by both the fans, and the general gaming public. "Oh hey, another Halo game. Guess what...it's a Halo game! Nothing new being brought to the table, just the same gameplay you've grown to expect since Halo 2." See how that might work? People will and have left the Halo series because it has seen very little change. They've left because there are bigger and better games out there, and they're tired of playing the exact same style of gameplay entry after entry. I'm "old-school" too. Halo: Combat Evolved was my very first Halo experience, but Halo: Reach is my favourite in the series in terms of actual gameplay. I played Halo: Combat Evolved, then Halo 2, followed up by Halo 3 and Halo: Reach, then finally ODST. (Out of order, I know.) I've still yet to play Halo Wars, but I do know that it is a fantastic game.

People need to learn to accept change. The entire Halo fanbase needs to realise that sticking to what works, sticking to the exact same formula will actually do more harm than good for Halo. It's time for change. It's time for the series to evolve. There will be changes, whether we like them or not. What we need to do as players is learn to adapt to these changes and accept them.

• Like 3

First off, welcome to the forums. How is reach a failure to halo fans? And how is it not Halo. Last time I checked Halo: Reach was definitely Halo. So why don't you open your eyes. I can accept the fact that you don't like reach, but the fact that you are saying "it isn't halo," is completely wrong. Tell me something wrong with armour abilites, other than "It isn't halo." Luke

Simple. It doesn't take skill to turn invisible and invincible whenever you want. Halo was always about skill. At the beginning of each match, everyone would rush for Invisibility and try to get that small edge on the other team. In Reach, anyone and everyone could turn invisible whenever they want, jamming their teammates' and the other teams' radars. That's not Halo. Don't get me wrong, I liked Reach, but it wasn't the same Halo as say Halo 3. If you need explanations on why AAs or not Halo, you obviously aren't a very big Halo fanatic.

Simple. It doesn't take skill to turn invisible and invincible whenever you want. Halo was always about skill. At the beginning of each match, everyone would rush for Invisibility and try to get that small edge on the other team. In Reach, anyone and everyone could turn invisible whenever they want, jamming their teammates' and the other teams' radars. That's not Halo. Don't get me wrong, I liked Reach, but it wasn't the same Halo as say Halo 3. If you need explanations on why AAs or not Halo, you obviously aren't a very big Halo fanatic.

With the invisibility, in H3 you stayed fully invisible even when moving. In reach, the invisibility lessens the faster you move, until you are perfectly visible. so while everyone may have the chance to use invisibility, if you are locked in a firefight, going invis in Reach isnt going to change anything. honestly, invis is almost useless in Reach, unless you've got a sniper on a big map. The invis in Halo 3 was more unfair than Reach's imo, because no matter how fast you moved, you were completely invis.

And i'm assuming with the "invincible line in their youre refering to armor lock. good thing that only lasts about 3sec huh? Its not that hard to wait until the armor lock wears off and then put 1 more round in their head. Everyone complains about it, but honestly, it really doesnt change a fire fight. (imo)

Edited by Krinn3
  • Like 2

With the invisibility, in H3 you stayed fully invisible even when moving. In reach, the invisibility lessens the faster you move, until you are perfectly visible. so while everyone may have the chance to use invisibility, if you are locked in a firefight, going invis in Reach isnt going to change anything. honestly, invis is almost useless in Reach, unless you've got a sniper on a big map. The invis in Halo 3 was more unfair than Reach's imo, because no matter how fast you moved, you were completely invis.

And i'm assuming with the "invincible line in their youre refering to armor lock. good thing that only lasts about 3sec huh? Its not that hard to wait until the armor lock wears off and then put 1 more round in their head. Everyone complains about it, but honestly, it really doesnt change a fire fight. (imo)

Invisibility STILL gives you a jump on a fight. Someone can be sitting completely still and waiting on somebody to walk by, then boom, they get a head start on the fight. Not only that, but the person they jump is confused because of the jammed radar. Plus, that jammed radar works your OWN teammates as well.

Armor Lock definitely lasts more that 3 seconds. While you're waiting on the person to get out of it, their teammates can come up and kill you. The point I'm making is that if you're in the middle of a firefight, and someone goes into AL, it completely ruins the flow and balance of the game.

Anybody who claims that AAs don't ruin the game and say that Invisibility and Armor Lock are fine are obviously not true Halo fans.

The reason why people moved on to other games or from halo to reach, better yet, halo 2-3 was the servers. If halo 2 had designated servers and expanded, people would be stuck. New game, add new things. Bubble shield, power drain. New. Accepted immediately. Reach was a put together game like odst to make money. People were complaining of connection issues so they made Reach. People complained about the game, bungie leaves. They knew they had steered far from the halo fans wants and needs.

I like new games but reach was not like halo. Same universe, maps, quasi weapons, enemies. Yes your right. It's like buying a run down hotel and slapping Trump's logo on the outside and charging top dollar. People will be instantly attracted buy into the scheme to only find out it was a hoax. Aka Halo Reach.

343 I hope you read post.

Designate Servers to Halo 4

Make sure it is a step up from Halo 3 to Halo 4

Make it skilled based not point system ( Rank's )

• Like 2

Invisibility STILL gives you a jump on a fight. Someone can be sitting completely still and waiting on somebody to walk by, then boom, they get a head start on the fight. Not only that, but the person they jump is confused because of the jammed radar. Plus, that jammed radar works your OWN teammates as well.

Armor Lock definitely lasts more that 3 seconds. While you're waiting on the person to get out of it, their teammates can come up and kill you. The point I'm making is that if you're in the middle of a firefight, and someone goes into AL, it completely ruins the flow and balance of the game.

Anybody who claims that AAs don't ruin the game and say that Invisibility and Armor Lock are fine are obviously not true Halo fans.

The reason why people moved on to other games or from halo to reach, better yet, halo 2-3 was the servers. If halo 2 had designated servers and expanded, people would be stuck. New game, add new things. Bubble shield, power drain. New. Accepted immediately. Reach was a put together game like odst to make money. People were complaining of connection issues so they made Reach. People complained about the game, bungie leaves. They knew they had steered far from the halo fans wants and needs.

I like new games but reach was not like halo. Same universe, maps, quasi weapons, enemies. Yes your right. It's like buying a run down hotel and slapping Trump's logo on the outside and charging top dollar. People will be instantly attracted buy into the scheme to only find out it was a hoax. Aka Halo Reach.

343 I hope you read post.

Designate Servers to Halo 4

Make sure it is a step up from Halo 3 to Halo 4

Make it skilled based not point system ( Rank's )

@Cheebusal

"Anybody who claims that AAs don't ruin the game and say that Invisibility and Armor Lock are fine are obviously not true Halo fans."

Wrong. Just because someone doesn't dislike armour abilities or find any problem with them does not mean they aren't "true Halo fans". You cannot give any actual definition of a Halo fan. If they enjoy the game for what it is, and don't find issues with it, how are they not a fan? To you, armour abilities are a problem. Yet if I used the same logic, I could say that anyone who claims that the button combos in Halo 2 didn't ruin the game and were not cheating aren't true Halo fans. That type of argument can go both ways. There is no one definition of a Halo fan. Different people like different aspects of the Halo series. There are people who care only for the campaign, some for just the Forge and Theater, others who only play custom games, those who stick solely to matchmaking, and there are people who enjoy everything that each game has to offer (I happen to be the latter.).

@iTz RyBacK

No. The reason that people moved on and decided to stay with Halo: Reach rather than go back to Halo 3 is because they enjoy Halo: Reach more. If someone dislikes Halo: Reach, they're not going to play it. They're going to go back to what they're familiar with (Halo 3), or just go play something else entirely because they're tired of the older games, and don't feel that Halo: Reach was too much of a change from past games. Here's a news flash. ALL video games are put together to make money. That's what game companies do. They create a game and ship it to turn a profit. Bungie didn't leave because people complained about Halo: Reach. They had a contract with Microsoft to produce two more Halo games after Halo 3, and they did a damn fine job with their last two games. After finishing them, they were able to finally become independent and move onto new projects. The reason for their departure was not because people complained and disliked Halo: Reach. It was because they didn't want to stay under the control of Microsoft and wanted to move onto new IPs, to have the freedom to go about things in their own way.

What kind of hoax are you talking about? There was a public beta and many video documentaries that were released for people to see just what Halo: Reach was going to be like. Bungie never stated that Halo: Reach was going to be the same, they said that it was going to be something new. Something fresh and a bit different than what we were used to. The consumer had multiple opportunities to both see and hear that Halo: Reach was going to be different compared to previous entries in the series. There was no trickery. Yes, Halo: Reach is different, but it still shares many of the same types of gameplay elements that past games have used.

Halo: Reach is a Halo title, whether you like it or not. Just because it doesn't play just like Halo 2 and Halo 3 does not mean it isn't so. Halo Wars and Halo 3: ODST are also Halo games. You can dislike them all that you want, but saying that they're not Halo simply because you don't like them, or because they don't share enough in common with past entries is just plain stupid. A game in a series doesn't have to be just like the ones that have come before it to be a part of that particular series.

• Like 2

There are two different kinds of halo fans... There are Multiplayer fans and there are Storyline fans IMO... Halo storyline fans play the games because of the story, they play to enjoy the roles they are given, to discover things they never knew about the story (from terminals and such). Being a Halo Multiplayer fan is different entirely, playing the game for the sake of playing a good FPS.

The AA's IMO were a neat addition, making you have to think more about who has what ability and how they are going to use it and plan against that ability.. The use of armor lock and invisibility are not bad things, they are useful for different game modes, you would complain if you were playing in say, an invasion match and trying to snipe but you couldnt because everyone could see you and would shoot at you any time you tried to shoot at them then maybe you would think "Hmm if only I couldn't be seen for short periods of time"..

Anyways.. I agree with Mystic here.. Reach is a Halo game same with Halo wars and ODST, they just develop the overal story of the Halo universe more thoroughly, like, if I remember correctly Halo Wars started off on Harvest..? which is where the war started... And ODST was showing what was occuring in.. I always forget the names of the cities, was it New Mombasa? during the course of Halo.. 2? havent played 2 or 3 for a while so I forget which one had the supercarrier jump in orbit...

I dont see how me thinking that AA's are a great addition to the game makes me not a true Halo fan? i dont know where you feel you get the right to determine that. I love the Halo series, and some changes are good.

Btw, the armor lock thing. why dont you count how long it takes for it to go away. guarntee it 3 sec or less.

Ugh, another person that is stuck in the past of the trilogy. If they didn't change any of the game, it would be stale and old.

Reach was Halo, just not one you liked, please enlighten me on why armour abilities should be removed and how reach was a failure.

I like your profile picture

I played Reach for the first time in four months yesterday and was sad to see after only one year, the population on saturday afternoon was only 98,000. I played a few games and got bored and decided to pop halo 3 back in, after 6 years halo 3 still holds

a population of 24,000. If thats not telling you somthing i dont know what is. My opinion, bring back atleast a 1-50 system and drop

some of the playlists, There's just way to many.

Halo 4 better be EXCATLY what it says. Halo 4 .

Mhm, agreed. It shouldn't be Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo Wars, Halo 3: ODST or Halo: Reach. It should be its own game. If I wanted to play something like past entries in the series, I'd play them. I want something fresh. Something new and exciting.

• Like 1