Halo 4 Firefight!

PH4NTOMNINJ496

Woah, awesome! I agree with everything. I would really like to fight a Scarab again and it would be really awesome to see a giant battle going on in a large map like Forgeworld. They did say they are pushing the xbox to its limits but I don't think they would add something quite like that, maybe Elephants or Pelicans (hopefully). They also added ODST's to Anniversary firefight so maybe we will see some more? or even sentinels!

Boss Round: 10 Scarabs.

Good luck :sweat:

I agree though, these ideas are great. They should add some sort of monetary system as well. A lot of wave-based modes (Horde mode in Gears and Nazi Zombies and Survival for CoD) use some monetary system with purchasable defenses or weapons. I feel like this would be a great addition. The ODST troops for the Spartan Team sounds great, I tip my hat to you sir. These are some fantastic ideas.

• Like 1

Great ideas PH4ANTOM, you have a creative mind. The only thing is, we will probably never see forgable firefight maps. The reason for that is, this would create a very cheap and fast way to level up in the game. Simply put the locations where the covenant enemies would spawn all in one location, build a huge wall around the area. On top of the wall place rocket launchers and ammo crates everywhere. Making wave spawn locations random wouldn't work either for many other reasons.

well just custome firefight. oh yeah i also have another, where u can use duel wield by striping a jackal shield away from the jackal and use the shield, like how the spartans can do it from the halo novels!

The Spartans from the books did it because they had no sheilds. The sheilds they have now are far better than the Jackal sheilds.

Usually I love coming in and ******** on peoples hopes and dreams, but I must say you have one creative way of thinking. Although it would be great to see things of this nature added to firefight...it wont happen. Making Firefight forgable cannot be done outside a sandbox. And by sandbox we are not talking about the forge mode. We are talking full fledged complete compiler plus side apps. Unfortunatly the way the Blam! engine and Halo in general is layed out, the AI would require updated pathfinding referrences and scripts to move around altered maps, and respond to diferrent commands. These things are not able to be pulled off in a console environment with Halo.

Weather is the other tricky beast. While you can alter what weather is applied, you also have to edit the BSP, which for those who are clueless...BSP is the level mesh itself in a compiled format. Adding weather and altering the weather to another form requires bsp tag edits as well as the forge "in memory" scenario file editing.

But you do have some great ideas there my friend. Keep shooting them out and maybe we could see an engine change with future Halo's to use these ideas. It could happen!

• Like 2

Usually I love coming in and ******** on peoples hopes and dreams, but I must say you have one creative way of thinking.  Although it would be great to see things of this nature added to firefight...it wont happen.  Making Firefight forgable cannot be done outside a sandbox.  And by sandbox we are not talking about the forge mode.  We are talking full fledged complete compiler plus side apps.  Unfortunatly the way the Blam! engine and Halo in general is layed out, the AI would require updated pathfinding referrences and scripts to move around altered maps, and respond to diferrent commands.  These things are not able to be pulled off in a console environment with Halo.

Weather is the other tricky beast.  While you can alter what weather is applied, you also have to edit the BSP, which for those who are clueless...BSP is the level mesh itself in a compiled format.  Adding weather and altering the weather to another form requires bsp tag edits as well as the forge "in memory" scenario file editing.

But you do have some great ideas there my friend.  Keep shooting them out and maybe we could see an engine change with future Halo's to use these ideas.  It could happen!

you make it sound hard to do lol. the AI can have updated pathfinding or the person who makes the forge map could make a path in a general way and the AI can follow it. i agree with you on the weather though.also why not have something like objectives in firefight? i always felt like i was a spartan doing nothin in the middle of nowere? eg in COD: BO zombies they have the teleporter and easter eggs. what if in halo 4 you had to activate a forrunner teleporter to go someware else like in ghoasts of onyx

• Like 1

AI for Blam! is not as simple.as painting a path. There are scripts that need to be rwcompiled as well as collision tie ins for the bsp structure. I get what you are saying though...its just that Blams approach is.not as simple or.refined as other current gen engines.

Really nice suggestions guys! I think that with all these changes you could afford to make a completely new game mode for Halo apart from Firefight. Something like firefight versus, but with the added twist of having UNSC troops on the side of the spartans. Maybe adding a monetary system is too much, but its a plausible idea.This is one of the better forums on Halo 4 atm!