Armor Customization: Color Schemes.

Bubonic Blood

Altough I like the primairy and secondairy system I would also like to colour every piece of armour differently ( and also to be able to change every piece of armour from head to toe but thats :offtopic: )

I'm not really that fussed, to be honest. In most game modes players have their colours overwritten anyway, and besides, it's first-person so you can't even see it unless you're dead or driving, and in the latter it's obscured anyway. It just seems like an awful lot of processor power and memory space for very little reward.

Now, RedStar, let's not put our feet in our mouths. :acute: By your logic, it also wouldn't matter what armor pieces or upgrades we had because we wouldn't be able to see them in-game, either. I can respect what you're saying; however, whether it's the armor itself or the paint coating that armor, it's all about how we want others to see us.

Or in the case of those who want pure black paint (which they'll never get), it's about how they don't want others to see them.

On topic:

Absolutely, Bubonic. I'm right there with you.

I'd like to see things get fancy, but I wouldn't mind just simple schemes, either.

Examples:

• A half-and-half vertical-split scheme where one side of your armor is [red] and the other is [white] (where red and white can be any colours you want).

• Half-n-half horizontal-split scheme where from the waist up your armor is [red] and the lower half is [white] (again, where red and white can be any colours you want).

• A quartered scheme where your left leg and right arm are [red] and your right leg and left arm are [white].

• A scheme where your limbs are [red] and your body is [white].

• And so on... Simple ideas, you know? Nothing super fancy.

What I've always wanted, though, was to be able to paint certain large segments separately. For instance, your "boot" (foot, lower leg, and knee), or your "gauntlet" (hand, forearm, and elbow), as well as your helmet and upper torso armor (upper chest/back).

I'll keep dreaming, though, and just hope they make even part of my fantasy a reality.

By your logic, it also wouldn't matter what armor pieces or upgrades we had because we wouldn't be able to see them in-game, either. I can respect what you're saying; however, whether it's the armor itself or the paint coating that armor, it's all about how we want others to see us.

Or in the case of those who want pure black paint (which they'll never get), it's about how they don't want others to see them.

I actually don't think it matters whether or not armour pieces can be customised. It's nice enough, but if it were taken away I wouldn't really miss it. Again, unless you play Lone Wolves it doesn't actually make any difference how your armour is coloured, so I just don't really see the point of it.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be there, just that I think it doesn't really add anything to the game.