BR to be set as the Primary Weapon

JoshyyBrahh

So, I'm not too sure if this topic has already emerged or not, but it doesnt hurt to ask.

I want to know if the BR will become the primary weapon for Master Chief in this next halo game. It would be a nice thing to see in the game for many reasons. When people usually go into a Slayer game, they obviously start by searching for a better weapon at the beginning of the match. For those who can't quite make it to the power weapons, the second choice would obviously be a BR. Not saying the the AR is a bad weapon, I'm just tired of going into matches such as a Team Slayer in Guardian and there only being one BR on the map. I noticed a gametype from the Halo 4 gameplay clips that read "BR Slayer." It would be nice to have a BR dedicated game mode, but even if there was to be no such thing, I don't see why the battle rifle wouldn't be a Primary. Once again, I'm not complaining, I'm just giving some ideas that could possibly benefit players when playing H4.

• Like 1

If the aft portion of the Forward Unto Dawn had the armory in it, then it might be a toss-up between an AR and the BR. Classically, it's always been the AR, but who knows. Maybe in the process of being cut in half all the AR's got sucked out into space. :pardon:

I think the reason 343 emphasized the BR so much in the First Look ViDoc is because they're trying to win the favor of the fans. It may or may not be a case of a company pulling the wool over the eyes of the consumers. But let's hope not.

I think that provided the Battle Rifle's effective range is less than that of the DMR - and that it doesn't dominate automatic weaponry at close-quarters - having it as a spawn weapon wouldn't be such a problem. As long as it's balanced to fit into the sandbox properly, I don't really mind what we spawn with.

So, I'm not too sure if this topic has already emerged or not, but it doesnt hurt to ask.

I want to know if the BR will become the primary weapon for Master Chief in this next halo game. It would be a nice thing to see in the game for many reasons. When people usually go into a Slayer game, they obviously start by searching for a better weapon at the beginning of the match. For those who can't quite make it to the power weapons, the second choice would obviously be a BR. Not saying the the AR is a bad weapon, I'm just tired of going into matches such as a Team Slayer in Guardian and there only being one BR on the map. I noticed a gametype from the Halo 4 gameplay clips that read "BR Slayer." It would be nice to have a BR dedicated game mode, but even if there was to be no such thing, I don't see why the battle rifle wouldn't be a Primary. Once again, I'm not complaining, I'm just giving some ideas that could possibly benefit players when playing H4.

I agree man, don't be afraid to voice your opinion's. I understand people on here are very closed minded at times, but I will gladly stick up for you. Every game the spawning default weapon was a stupid automatic machine gun (SMG in halo 2) (AR in reach and 3) How about this, we spawn with a gun that takes skill to use (BR???) Yes...

I think that provided the Battle Rifle's effective range is less than that of the DMR - and that it doesn't dominate automatic weaponry at close-quarters - having it as a spawn weapon wouldn't be such a problem. As long as it's balanced to fit into the sandbox properly, I don't really mind what we spawn with.

The BR has to have a medium-long range or you won't be able to combat a sniper. (obviously on huge maps like sandtrap in h3 this wouldn't be the case) but in the case where you are on a small map I.E- guardian

Also, I think the BR shouldn't be dumbed down at all, if anything it needs more power. It should take 4 shots to kill someone and it should have hit scanning, and I am not arguing it because I know the second I propose it people are going to jump on me like hyenas but I think that BXR and BXB and double shot should come back.

I agree man, don't be afraid to voice your opinion's. I understand people on here are very closed minded at times, but I will gladly stick up for you. Every game the spawning default weapon was a stupid automatic machine gun (SMG in halo 2) (AR in reach and 3) How about this, we spawn with a gun that takes skill to use (BR???) Yes...

Every weapon in the game(s) takes skill to use. Different weapons require different amounts of skill. I personally don't care either way if we spawn with the BR or an AR type weapon. Personally I'd like for us to spawn with both. A BR as our primary (meant for medium to long ranges), and an AR for our secondary (meant for close ranges).

• Like 1

I have a large feeling that with the lowering of the battle rifle to a three shot weapon that the assault rifle will be given some extra penetration for some quicker kills short ranged when put up against the BR.

I think that the fighting we be very different with these new sounds that 343 is putting in. I'm looking forward to seeing this new gameplay. I'm thinking that the sounds will be more metal clinking against metal.

Every weapon in the game(s) takes skill to use. Different weapons require different amounts of skill. I personally don't care either way if we spawn with the BR or an AR type weapon. Personally I'd like for us to spawn with both. A BR as our primary (meant for medium to long ranges), and an AR for our secondary (meant for close ranges).

It seems that for once, I actually agree with you.