Die Hard Halo Fan.. Maybe. 343, I hope you listen.

pandabare

I realize this is going to sound like a total rant but, hear me out, because I can't be the only one with this problem.

For years, I have been a loyal and dedicated fan to the Halo series. If it weren't for that, I would never own an Xbox. There wouldn't be a point to it, in my eyes. But, unfortunately, I can no longer play and actually enjoy it because, I can't play like a pro. It's a sad truth and I wish that I could see better, or sit closer so I could but, I suffer from Sciatica and I can't sit in a chair so I can be close enough to the t.v. to see real well. The point I am getting at, is that I can't play what I enjoy, like the tanks, because I have a bad tendency of hitting my own teammates while trying to get an enemy (most of the time they run right into my shot, or I just plainly didn't know they were in that area). I don't intentionally try to betray my teammates but, it happens and now I am forced onto this "ban probation" and every time I mess up, I am kicked for 10 min. for the matchmaking server. 343, I have collected a ton of merchandise over the years, stayed a true fan of the Halo series, and I can't understand why the players would be punished for not being pros. Is this something that you are going to keep in Halo 4?? Is this something that can be changed now?? Because, I can't see keeping this Xbox and Halo, if I can't even play the game without being penalized every time I have an accident! I'm really heart broken over this and I realize there are going to be trolls that want to smash me for this.. But, Halo really means a lot to me and I would hate to throw away something I have followed and hobbyed for years, if this is something that will be eliminated in the future.

The broken hearted consumer/gamer,

pandabare

• Like 1

While unfortunate, this is probably quite a rare problem, and so not something thought about. Betrayals are there to stop team killing because without a boot option, idiots like *** would run rampant online, ruining everyones gaming experience.

While i feel for you, unfortunately I doubt they would be able to sort something out for you.

I don't have a problem with the boot option at all. I have a problem though, with the ten min ban that is followed thereafter. Like I said, I don't make it a point to betray my team, in any way, especially since learning about the ban process. But, every time someone guns me down on purpose, I am never given the option to ban. Did I get a bad disc, bad Xbox..? Or should I just give up and move on.. Cause I'm never gonna be pro material? I can't see being on ban probation for 3 days. That's really harsh. If they want to keep the 10 min ban, they should at least do it against the people that are quitting games, not because they accidentally betray someone.

I wasn't trying to say it was just because of the ten min ban, though it may have come across that way. I like to play BTB because then I can use the tank, cause I'm actually really good with the tank.. Until someone on my team walks into the path of the enemy I am shooting. :/ I'm being penalized for that, so it's either never play BTB again, cause I couldn't keep myself out of the tanks.. Or just give it all up. Cause that ten min ban is for three days of not getting booted, at a time. It's just lame that I can't enjoy the game like everyone else, cause I'm accident prone. :'(

Well, they could fix a few things if they really wanted to around this area.

First, they could end the 10 min temp ban, period. There is no reason for that in the first place. Makes them look like "control hogs."

Second, they could change the "booting" system. They could set it to recognize if there is an enemy team member around when a teammate gets betrayed. This would end the unfair booting. It wouldn't be hard for the system to determine if their is an enemy withing a certain radius of a betrayal. And... For them to say this isn't possible is because of 1 of 2 things. Either they don't care or they don't care. These people are programmers from accredited universities, I am sure and have no doubt that they are intelligent. So.. any other reason is beyond me.

Third, they need to stop sending the message that "if you're not pro, then go home." I realize this isn't what they actually say but, that is the message that they are sending to people that get punished for not playing the game well. Isn't that why there is the report, or the "Rep" option is for????

I don't know why they change this in the first place. I realize that the MLG is now, most likely, a HUGE supporter.. but does that mean the player base outside of the MLG.. no longer matters, or what?!? Halo 2 online wasn't like this. If you purposely betrayed someone, you were usually kicked cause your teammate got the option to boot. If it was an accident because of a rogue grenade or tank shot... You didn't get booted.. Why? Because it knew it was an accident. How? Why? Idk. But, I know I dedicated many hours to the t.v., Xbox, and Halo 2 and never had to face these problems, like I do now, in Halo: Reach. :(

I don't even know why Friendly Fire is still enabled, to be honest. Most other FPS franchises have long since done away with it - I actually quite like the way CoD handles it in certain gametypes, where players actually get damaged themselves instead of any teammates who they shoot. It would be a lot better than the current system, and I really do feel sorry for you over this. Nothing's worse than getting booted over an accidental betrayal.

• Like 2

I don't even know why Friendly Fire is still enabled, to be honest. Most other FPS franchises have long since done away with it - I actually quite like the way CoD handles it in certain gametypes, where players actually get damaged themselves instead of any teammates who they shoot. It would be a lot better than the current system, and I really do feel sorry for you over this. Nothing's worse than getting booted over an accidental betrayal.

I said this in the shoutbox once, i agree 100%.

• Like 1

Thank you, RedStarRocket. And I completely agree with you too! What I can't understand is.. All these other FPS got all their ideas from Halo multiplayer (Halo set the basis for online multiplayer, now a days and I'll argue that til the day I die).. But, Halo for whatever reason doesn't want to learn from example. Why 343/Bungie?!? Why?!? :wallbash: