A message to my fellow members.

CandiBunni

Due to seeing an increasing number of disrespectful and downright mean-spirited posts, I have decided to create this topic. Please read over it, and maybe you'll get something out of it.

Lately I have been seeing quite a few members responding to topics (mostly ones created to express concerns/complaints on any number of subjects) with, in my eyes, absolutely uncalled for responses. These posts range from name calling to personal insults and telling others to not "waste their time" with the OP. Let me say that I am disappointed to see such hate coming from our community, especially from members I would have never thought I'd see it from. It hasn't yet become common place, but I thought that I would create this as a sort of warning.

People have different opinions. This is a fact that we all are aware of. However, some of us apparently feel the need to go out of our way to throw hate and disrespect towards those we may not agree with. I myself am perhaps guilty of this on one or two occasions, even though the person whom I was responding to pretty much deserved what I said. I do not know what has brought about the increase in this lack of respect, but I do know that it needs to stop. Now.

You are free to voice your thoughts, but I believe that you should do so only in a polite and respectable manner. If you see someone doing nothing but being rude and hateful, report the post. Do not follow in their footsteps and keep "the flame" alive. Help to extinguish it by catching it before it spreads.

Do your best to offer your opinions and advice in a friendly way. We do not need to let ourselves devolve into another B.Net or Halo Waypoint. Don't go so far with this that new members are unwilling to post, for fear of being attacked. Stop it here and now. We should be proud that we're such a friendly community (despite what I've seen lately from a few members) and that people actually want to sign up here. This means that we should also do all that we can to keep it like that. This website is like a family. As such, we should treat each other as brothers and sisters. Treat your fellow brothers and sisters with care and respect.

If someone is making, what you believe to be, a foolish mistake, let them know what you would do in their shoes. Feel free to let them know that there are other options besides the one that they're choosing. Try to steer others towards the right path, and hope that they'll continue without your assistance. I know that sometimes people post completely crazy and downright stupid things, but please don't offer your opinion unless you can do so in the correct manner (i.e. without insulting and being hateful). Everyone is free to voice their opinions on this website, despite how poorly thought out or silly they may be.

Keep things civilized. If we blow our top, we need to acknowledge it and make sure that it doesn't happen again. If you don't believe you can add anything meaningful to the discussion, or don't think you're capable of responding without vitriol, simply do not post.

I know that this probably isn't a very well put together message, but thank you for reading anyway.

Well said Mystic.

I've noticed too and I agree.

completly agreed mystic, some people have been getting too big for their boots and think they can boss the other members around and stuff, well they can't, we are all equal regardless of who they are.

We are meant to be 1 big family, and we are literally dividing ourselves by doing this, sort it out guys.

Thank you for posting this, remember, this isnt gamebattles people! xD and i also agree in the point that we should respect newer members alot, especially since (weather you believe it or not) Halos community is getting smaller and smaller. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, mind you... but trash talk should stay with the people who still argue about which console is better, not on a community website for the Halo franchise. *Ducks under bed to hide from flamers*

While I haven't seen this happen much (lurk moar) I can understand why it would happen, and why it would need to stop.

The reason you are seeing it recently is probably because: with an uprise of new members joining, the same stuff is going to start popping up, same complaints, same arguments, and sometimes it's just easier to just go on offensive than logically debate it out. Because after all, it does get annoying. But as you pointed out, we are better than that, and maybe instead of responding, we should ignore it and let it die. Or at the very least say that a topic like that has been created.

completly agreed mystic, some people have been getting too big for their boots and think they can boss the other members around and stuff, well they can't, we are all equal regardless of who they are.

We are meant to be 1 big family, and we are literally dividing ourselves by doing this, sort it out guys.

I know, why not just leave your opinion, and leave it at that? No they got to flame you and argue "debate" same thing. It's stupid honestly.

[url=

lol...idk? But I feel you should've read this at least.

Mystic I can't agree with you more. And I really appreciate how much you contribute to this awesome community! :D I've seen not much, but a few of what you said there. I've been guilty of one of those when I was just a new member. And I'm glad I'm so much better of a member.