People want the wrong things for halo

Pink Lemonade

What makes halo unique is the competition that happens in matchmaking and the endless creativity and fun that happens in custom games. The core gameplay settings of halo 1,2 and 3 are what makes the gameplay balanced, simple, and skillful. When you respawn in halo 3 you are just as capable of winning as the other team, it just depends on the amount of skill you possess to win. When people get bored of halo they start playing it competitively and competition is endless entertainment. Reach didn't have good competitive gameplay which is why it got boring for me, i would still play halo 3 to this day if the community wasn't dead. Unfortunately some people don't possess that much skill or a desire to win, therefor competition is not an option for them. Most of these people want mechanics they see in other games put into halo so it will become more interesting, the addition of gameplay mechanics will only destroy the competitive side to halo, we have all seen that in reach. im not saying that i want no change to come to halo, i understand the inevitability of change. But you should never bring extreme change to whats already near perfect, changes can be made to things other than the core gameplay. Add new armor, enhance map making capabilities for players, come up with new game types and playlist, do what ever you can to make the game more customizable. Recreational custom games are always available for those who don't wish to play competitively, if any crazy feature is to be added in the game it should accessible through these, it shouldn't be carved into the game. I trust 343 when they say they are rebooting the series, but many don't when they say that they are going to cancel their preorder because of what the vidoc showed. Halo fans are scared about whats going to happen to halo 4, this is because they think halo reach and its ideas could possibly influence any future games and a lot of people don't like those ideas. What fans need to understand is that halo has a very divided community, you have the hardcore competitive gamers, the creative all about fun recreational gamers, the newbies, and the casual gamers who just want to socialize with people they haven't meet before. This makes halo a very delicate game to change, a change may be beneficial to one group but it could be devastating to another. So if 343 wants to maintain and increase the population of gamers in it's community it is imperative that they DO NOT CHANGE THE CORE SETTINGS OF GAMEPLAY. Reach may of made as much money as halo 3 (correct me if im wrong) but that's because the people who suffered from it's drastic change of gameplay didn't know what they were buying, but now they know what a uncompetitive multiplayer game looks like with the face of halo.

Gameplay will continue to change.

I trust 343 to make many different servers in matchmaking so we can all play the way we want.

How can you trust 343 to make more playlist for the severs if they said nothing about doing so? and yes gameplay will continue to change, it always has, but im saying the gamplay shouldnt take the leap of change reach took.

I also expect a different, better, online matchmaking engine.

a lot of people have been asking for more powerful matchmaking engine for halo, i agree with them. In reach when i would search for people who had mics i would never find any, and when i would search for players in my range of skill who had an intent on winning i would find people that didn't even come close to winning against me and my team. The matchmaking needs to be more dynamic, more options need to be available for searching and they need to work right.

Do you mean all halo players? All of my friends would agree with you on this and so would I, but you make it sound like every halo fan wants the wrong thing.

I made this op perfectly clear.... i think you may have problems with understanding it due to your reading not my writing. I honestly see perfect clarity in whom i am refering to in the op

So casuals and skilled?

Ok since this is too complicated for you to read ill just sum it up, as the people who want the wrong things for halo im referring to casuals who want to see extreme change. Change is adding a lot of new game mechanics in that the game doenst need. This once again will affect the competitive side of the community in a bad way. Casuals dont want this because without competitive gamers halo loses popularity, lose of popularity will result in making the future games getting worse and worse.

If Halo 4's engine is as bad as reach, I swear...

a better game engine will only allow you to go further with a game in graphics and other things that require higher processing power. Theres no point in making a new engine for the 360 because the components of the 360 wouldnt work well with it's core settings if it were any better than the reach engine. Its the console not the engine if you think the graphics suck, and it's not finished yet either so.........